By Leo : Attys, mods, Drip-tips, tanks [CLOSED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
It sounds like a loss of vacuum. Tightening the top cap all the way down will help that. If you feel it oversaturetes even with the liquid control at half a turn, you should try a bit more wicking material. Also, please make sure the SS cup is properly tightened as well :)

Ok Billie I've went through this list and I did lose vacuum last night by trying to adjust the juice control on the Calix and tightened it down to tight on my mod. When I tried to remove it the tank loosened at the base. Reminded me of my first protank that I managed to unscrew and dumped a whole tank in my lap. The build cup was securely tightened at least and I use rayon so I feel confident the coil is tightly packed and the tails look very full and folded neatly down onto the deck. As for the juice control I did what you said and gave it a little twist before tightening the top cap down snug. Now all I'm left with is a tiny bit of leaking at the adjustment screw on the bottom base. I'll keep playing with it till I find the right position but can report I've now vaped a tasty tank with minimal liquid in the 510. Thanks so much for all your help. I'm fixing to refill it so I just hope that goes well. Fingers crossed. LOL

OooHhh 4 "The Love of vaping"

Reactions: qorax

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
Ok Billie I've went through this list and I did lose vacuum last night by trying to adjust the juice control on the Calix and tightened it down to tight on my mod. When I tried to remove it the tank loosened at the base. Reminded me of my first protank that I managed to unscrew and dumped a whole tank in my lap. The build cup was securely tightened at least and I use rayon so I feel confident the coil is tightly packed and the tails look very full and folded neatly down onto the deck. As for the juice control I did what you said and gave it a little twist before tightening the top cap down snug. Now all I'm left with is a tiny bit of leaking at the adjustment screw on the bottom base. I'll keep playing with it till I find the right position but can report I've now vaped a tasty tank with minimal liquid in the 510. Thanks so much for all your help. I'm fixing to refill it so I just hope that goes well. Fingers crossed. LOL

Check that bottom O-ring that sits on the deck section. I dislodged mine when washing my Calix. It is supposed to sit in place right at the bottom. Check all your other O rings while you are at it. There is a big silicon o ring that sits inside the top cap,

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
Check that bottom O-ring that sits on the deck section. I dislodged mine when washing my Calix. It is supposed to sit in place right at the bottom. Check all your other O rings while you are at it. There is a big silicon o ring that sits inside the top cap,
I'll do that the next time I fill it. The juice control still isn't turning with ease. When I refilled last night I tightened it down to fill and it started leaking again until it was filled and the top cap was back on. Then it was hard to open the juice control again. There's a problem somewhere. I should be be able to tighten to fill then open as needed when vaping correct?

OooHhh 4 "The Love of Vaping"

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I'll do that the next time I fill it. The juice control still isn't turning with ease. When I refilled last night I tightened it down to fill and it started leaking again until it was filled and the top cap was back on. Then it was hard to open the juice control again. There's a problem somewhere. I should be be able to tighten to fill then open as needed when vaping correct?

Yes. You should definitely be able to turn the juice control with ease.
What I would recommend, is that you drain the tank, and take the entire device apart, then wash it all. This means taking the cup out of the base too. You need to have all the parts disassembled.
Once it's clean and dry, assemble the device, from the bottom up, making sure each O-ring is exactly where it should be. Also, check the insulator between the two halves of the cup, since you reported leaking through the 510 connection. Any deformation of that insulator could be causing a leak from between the halves of the cup, or it could be causing the cup to not sit in the bottom O-ring correctly, and that would cause the leak.
Leave the tank off, and try working the juice control, to see how the threading action should feel.
This will help you find any places where something may be out of place. It will also help you determine if the threads were/are dirty or rough.
If the juice control threading action is smooth and feels nice, go ahead and install the tank, then the top cap and drip tip. Try the juice control again.
Remember, do not put a build or any juice in the Calix at this time. We are just doing a dry fit test, because you're trying to isolate the vacuum issue you're having, as well as the tough action of the juice control. All of this is much easier with an empty, dry, clean device.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
To add to what HB said, make sure you open the liquid control just a bit before tightening the top cap completely and you can put a little liquid on the red o ring. The red o rings (silicone) slide better when they are wet.
You shouldn't have any leaking with the liquid control completely closed. If you continue to have a problem after cleaning and inspecting it let me know and I will change your Calix

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
Yes. You should definitely be able to turn the juice control with ease.
What I would recommend, is that you drain the tank, and take the entire device apart, then wash it all. This means taking the cup out of the base too. You need to have all the parts disassembled.
Once it's clean and dry, assemble the device, from the bottom up, making sure each O-ring is exactly where it should be. Leave the tank off, and try working the juice control, to see how the threading action should feel.
This will help you find any places where something may be out of place. It will also help you determine if the threads were/are dirty or rough.
If the juice control threading action is smooth and feels nice, go ahead and install the tank, then the top cap and drip tip. Try the juice control again.
Remember, do not put a build or any juice in the Calix at this time. We are just doing a dry fit test, because you're trying to isolate the vacuum issue you're having, as well as the tough action of the juice control. All of this is much easier with an empty, dry, clean device.

That's sound advise. When I first cleaned and assembled the threads are not completely smooth on both ends of the glass tank. I'll play with that tonight after work. I think that's why it's not tightening down enough to fill then reopen smoothly. I'll recheck them tonight when I dissemble it.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
That's sound advise. When I first cleaned and assembled the threads are not completely smooth on both ends of the glass tank. I'll play with that tonight after work. I think that's why it's not tightening down enough to fill then reopen smoothly. I'll recheck them tonight when I dissemble it.

Thread/ unthread the tube a couple of times ( work the threads ) and the threads will become very smooth :)

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
To add to what HB said, make sure you open the liquid control just a bit before tightening the top cap completely and you can put a little liquid on the red o ring. The red o rings (silicone) slide better when they are wet.
You shouldn't have any leaking with the liquid control completely closed. If you continue to have a problem after cleaning and inspecting it let me know and I will change your Calix

Ok Billie I've disassembled and cleaned everything. Here's what I found. The chimney tightens with ease almost to the very end where it closes off the juice control completely but there's a small rough spot on one of the juice holes that prevents it from closing completely with ease. Once I can get it back over that place it glides with ease. That would explain why it leaked when I was filling it. It wasn't completely closed off. The bottom tank o-ring is fine and seated properly but it's pretty tight getting it seated snug due to scratchy threads at the final turn. The threads on the top of the tank are scratchy upon tightening it down all the way. I think when I filled it the first time I stopped when it felt snug and it wasn't completely tightened. I learned early on not to over tighten tanks (it takes someone stronger than me to get them back apart). That would explain my loss of vacuum and cause it's slow leak. I took it off my Mod last night and set it in a stand and when I came home from work to start back to work on it I found it had leaked out the bottom a little and had a drop on the part where it connects to the 510. I've now spent quite a bit of time just screwing the juice control on and off over the rough spot and can't get it to smooth out. The same with the top cap of the tank. It just will not snug down without an awful lot of force after many times of screwing it on and off. The coil cup, insulator and o-ring at the base all look fine. I'll wait for further suggestions before I try to reassemble and fill it again.
I'll enjoy my Apollo for tonight it's my new favorite and works flawlessly. TGIF for ME. :headbang:

A special thank you to @HBcorpse for suggesting to stop banging my head against the wall (wasting juice) and just take it apart and inspect where problems might be. It's such a simple tank to assemble and build I was getting frustrated I couldn't make it work right. It's not like a Kayfun 4 with 50 million parts that could could be causing problems which is why I wanted this top fill tank so bad in the first place. So thanks again to you both.
:wub:

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Ok Billie I've disassembled and cleaned everything. Here's what I found. The chimney tightens with ease almost to the very end where it closes off the juice control completely but there's a small rough spot on one of the juice holes that prevents it from closing completely with ease. Once I can get it back over that place it glides with ease. That would explain why it leaked when I was filling it. It wasn't completely closed off. The bottom tank o-ring is fine and seated properly but it's pretty tight getting it seated snug due to scratchy threads at the final turn. The threads on the top of the tank are scratchy upon tightening it down all the way. I think when I filled it the first time I stopped when it felt snug and it wasn't completely tightened. I learned early on not to over tighten tanks (it takes someone stronger than me to get them back apart). That would explain my loss of vacuum and cause it's slow leak. I took it off my Mod last night and set it in a stand and when I came home from work to start back to work on it I found it had leaked out the bottom a little and had a drop on the part where it connects to the 510. I've now spent quite a bit of time just screwing the juice control on and off over the rough spot and can't get it to smooth out. The same with the top cap of the tank. It just will not snug down without an awful lot of force after many times of screwing it on and off. The coil cup, insulator and o-ring at the base all look fine. I'll wait for further suggestions before I try to reassemble and fill it again.
I'll enjoy my Apollo for tonight it's my new favorite and works flawlessly. TGIF for ME. :headbang:

A special thank you to @HBcorpse for suggesting to stop banging my head against the wall (wasting juice) and just take it apart and inspect where problems might be. It's such a simple tank to assemble and build I was getting frustrated I couldn't make it work right. It's not like a Kayfun 4 with 50 million parts that could could be causing problems which is why I wanted this top fill tank so bad in the first place. So thanks again to you both.
:wub:

To spare you from doing any more research, I will send you another Calix. I will send the details via PM to avoid spamming the thread :)

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Billie,
I was going to purchase a much desired Calix for myself.
Looks like you are out of stock on Bullet Cut SS tips.
Will those be on hand soon or should I just plan another purchase later?
Just trying to combine my shopping.:)

Thanks
JZ
I just added stock :)

Reactions: Krisma

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Thanks for the quick reply Billie.
I just placed the order (BTFDGUZRY) - can you verify it went through ok?
I received a weird error message after upgrading the shipping option.
It came through perfectly. I just sent you your dispatch and tracking number email :)
Thank you!

Reactions: Krisma

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
To spare you from doing any more research, I will send you another Calix. I will send the details via PM to avoid spamming the thread :)

Thanks Billie now that's what I call excellent customer service. Y'all ROCK.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
11b81hv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread