Not open for further replies.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Hey all

By Leo got right back to me with information after I sent a web form. It seems maybe some parts were lost by my friend - he probably didn't even see them fall out or maybe they came it in transit or something.

I was just trying to get some info not suggest this was par for the course. I'd like to apologize to any Leo if it came off as a statement of fact. It was simply lack of information and I couldn't find the spares info online in their store.

I'm sorry if this came off as staying the product was sub par. Not my intention. I'll work on my statement of facts to ensure it better fits the medium. additionally, and to to be clear I did not state the clone was better or even on par. Just that I was given one - prior to this.

For the record I don't typically buy clone vaping gear these days. I don't believe that clone manufacturers typically use quality materials and I agree wholeheartedly that people don't care enough about using healthy materials. I don't want to vape times with unknown adhesives. Or plastics. I don't want to vape products that star they're made of something rat price would typically preclude the possibility of.

All the calix v2 clone did for me was make me want an authentic. My friend and I often give each other authentic products. We don't sell elk trade them. We know it all evens out. Sometimes something works for him. Not me. And vice versa.

I'm also VERY glad to read he above statement on 304. I've been saying this for years now but everyone assumes 316-17 is better because the bumber is higher. In fact there is some high number again else which is far less safe. But the masses don't seem to accept that truth. So it's great to see a manufacturer not just aware of that but promoting it.

I appreciate he help here and the very fast support from by keep was impressive for sure. I
Probably should have just emailed as stated above. My mistake.

I'll order a tank and some spares so I can have the right screws.

Again. Thanks to by Leo for the clarifications and my apologies if he felt I slighted or portrayed he product poorly. It wasn't my intention and clearly he cares a great deal about his craft.

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Hey all

By Leo got right back to me with information after I sent a web form. It seems maybe some parts were lost by my friend - he probably didn't even see them fall out or maybe they came it in transit or something.

I was just trying to get some info not suggest this was par for the course. I'd like to apologize to any Leo if it came off as a statement of fact. It was simply lack of information and I couldn't find the spares info online in their store.

I'm sorry if this came off as staying the product was sub par. Not my intention. I'll work on my statement of facts to ensure it better fits the medium. additionally, and to to be clear I did not state the clone was better or even on par. Just that I was given one - prior to this.

For the record I don't typically buy clone vaping gear these days. I don't believe that clone manufacturers typically use quality materials and I agree wholeheartedly that people don't care enough about using healthy materials. I don't want to vape times with unknown adhesives. Or plastics. I don't want to vape products that star they're made of something rat price would typically preclude the possibility of.

All the calix v2 clone did for me was make me want an authentic. My friend and I often give each other authentic products. We don't sell elk trade them. We know it all evens out. Sometimes something works for him. Not me. And vice versa.

I'm also VERY glad to read he above statement on 304. I've been saying this for years now but everyone assumes 316-17 is better because the bumber is higher. In fact there is some high number again else which is far less safe. But the masses don't seem to accept that truth. So it's great to see a manufacturer not just aware of that but promoting it.

I appreciate he help here and the very fast support from by keep was impressive for sure. I
Probably should have just emailed as stated above. My mistake.

I'll order a tank and some spares so I can have the right screws.

Again. Thanks to by Leo for the clarifications and my apologies if he felt I slighted or portrayed he product poorly. It wasn't my intention and clearly he cares a great deal about his craft.
No problem at all! We are all here and conversing for the same reason. We love vaping :)
The "SS316L is better" has become a fad because a lot of companies use it. They don't say HOW and under what conditions it is better. It is better for chloride solutions like sea water. It is a bit more anticorrosive than SS304L, that's why it is used in marine equipment. But to be more anticorrosive, it has more molybdenum, anthrax and nickel, which is exactly what we try to avoid in vaping. SS 304L is the only FDA approved SS for use in containers made for oils for consumption.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
When we assemble the parts we wash them first. Some times derlin o rings can stick when they are wet.
While we are at it ... let me ask you something. One of my black STR10 driptips refuses to fit into the (and any) Sophia body. As this one is not my only STR10 :D I thought "well, o-ring, maybe but what size" ...." and then I put it back into the box.

What (inner) size are these o-rings? Any other idea what I could do with this STR10 that insists on being independent?

(and also while we are at it: having been a By Leo customer for almost two years now, I never experienced better customer care, in terms of response time but also in terms of resourcefulness and knowledge)

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
While we are at it ... let me ask you something. One of my black STR10 driptips refuses to fit into the (and any) Sophia body. As this one is not my only STR10 :D I thought "well, o-ring, maybe but what size" ...." and then I put it back into the box.

What (inner) size are these o-rings? Any other idea what I could do with this STR10 that insists on being independent?

(and also while we are at it: having been a By Leo customer for almost two years now, I never experienced better customer care, in terms of response time but also in terms of resourcefulness and knowledge)
Thank you very much for your kind words! :D
The outer dimensions are 9x1,5 so the inner diameter is 6mm. Maybe one of the grooves where the o rings sit is not as deep as it needs to be. For a quick fix, you can sand the o rings a bit while they are on the drip tip to get the diameter down a bit so it can fit and we will send you a new one. Please PM me your reference number and we will send it out tomorrow :)

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Thought it would be fun :)
how%20many%20watts.jpg

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe

Thank you Billie. I would not want you to send me a single driptip. Let me try the trick with sand paper and/or I'll have a look at my box of o-rings and also at the groove. And I'll let you know if it does not help at a next order. No driptip should travel alone.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Thanks, Billie! Received the top cap today. Now I have all the parts to build my full-sized Calix V2.

l. to r. : Calix V2, Calix V2 Nano, Calix Pico.
Cat on the chair is Mario :)
View attachment 595727

They are a lovely looking tank. Just gorgeous :wub:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
First, as I posted on the Calix thread, I just got a Calix Pico and completely love it. Job well done byLeo.
But, I'm a bit confused about the v2 designation. Is the latest Pico not a v2 Calix? If it's not, what is the difference between my Pico and the v2 Calixes?
I'm going to post my kfl 5 for sale and likely get another Calix, but I'm suddenly puzzled about the product line up.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Thanks, Billie! Received the top cap today. Now I have all the parts to build my full-sized Calix V2.

l. to r. : Calix V2, Calix V2 Nano, Calix Pico.
Cat on the chair is Mario :)
View attachment 595727
I just put a wick in my Calix v2 thanks to your post. It's been a lonely coil sitting in there on my bar for too long... Haha.

Love the Calix.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
First, as I posted on the Calix thread, I just got a Calix Pico and completely love it. Job well done byLeo.
But, I'm a bit confused about the v2 designation. Is the latest Pico not a v2 Calix? If it's not, what is the difference between my Pico and the v2 Calixes?
I'm going to post my kfl 5 for sale and likely get another Calix, but I'm suddenly puzzled about the product line up.
I think the Pico is just like the v1. I have a Pico also. They each have their advantages.

**I very well could be missing something though.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Is the latest Pico not a v2 Calix? If it's not, what is the difference between my Pico and the v2 Calixes?

The Calix v1 had air flow on the 510 connector. The Calix v2 has air flow on the base and the base is taller (and the center pin is different). The Pico uses a v1 base and a shorter chimney to reduce it's height.

I like having different parts so I can make different Calix versions.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
The Calix v1 had air flow on the 510 connector. The Calix v2 has air flow on the base and the base is taller (and the center pin is different). The Pico uses a v1 base and a shorter chimney to reduce it's height.

I like having different parts so I can make different Calix versions.
I get it.
If I remember right, the v2 has an airier draw, right?
If that's right, those of you who have both, what's your preference?

Only asking because I'm really enjoying my Pico, and the draw is perfect for me. Airier would make it like the kfl 5 (which perhaps I never mastered) which I don't like nearly as much and which I'll sell to make room for another Calix.

Reactions: HBcorpse

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I get it.
If I remember right, the v2 has an airier draw, right?
If that's right, those of you who have both, what's your preference?

Only asking because I'm really enjoying my Pico, and the draw is perfect for me. Airier would make it like the kfl 5 (which perhaps I never mastered) which I don't like nearly as much and which I'll sell to make room for another Calix.

I have both...

V1/Pico:
On a P3, I'll build it at 1.0 ohm and fire at about 10 watts (helps my 18350 mode save battery).
But, since I've gotten my Radius, I've been firing it at 15 watts, and loving it even more.

V2:
On my P3, it was unusable. Because I only run my Tube-Varis in 18350 mode, I couldn't fire it hot enough to make up for the massive airflow. Even closed off all the way, it was still a bit too airy.
Since getting my Radius, I can fire it at 15 watts, and it works fine! I've got the airflow about 1/2 - 3/4 open. Love it.

-------
Now, all that being said, I just stumbled upon something that many vapers have known for a while now.
I decided to try a dual coil set up on my Kayfun 4.
Bear with me.

The KF4 (like the Calix) is capable of having a dual coil, as it has 4 screws.
So I wrapped my usual 5/6 wraps of 28g Kanthal to make my 1-1.1 ohm coil, and attached it to one set of screws. Did the same thing to the other set of screws.

Build came out to 0.60 ohms.
After doing the math, I decided I'd need to run it at 25 watts...which comes to 3.8-3.9 volts.

HOLY CANOLI.

The vape was amazing.

So, my reason for laying this all out for you folks is: I'm gonna do this on the Calix V2.

I also went shopping on Lightning Vapes and bought an assortment of different wires I've never used.
29g Kanthal
27g Kanthal
26g Kanthal

36g/28g Clapton Kanthal (36g wire spun around a 28g wire core)

I've put the Clapton in the Kayfun 5, and finally had a good experience with that atomizer...so I can't even imagine how good it will be with atomizers I already love (like the Calix)!!!!

I'll report back once I do it.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Thanks HB.
Looking forward to your report.
I'm still amazed how good this Calix Pico is.

Right?

The Calix v2 is awesome now that I have a 60 watt Radius to play with some "beefier" builds.

But, my first Calix was a v1, and it caused me to immediately put my Kayfun Lites in storage.

I love the Calix. Hands down one of the best atomizers I've ever owned.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
I have both...

V1/Pico:
On a P3, I'll build it at 1.0 ohm and fire at about 10 watts (helps my 18350 mode save battery).
But, since I've gotten my Radius, I've been firing it at 15 watts, and loving it even more.

V2:
On my P3, it was unusable. Because I only run my Tube-Varis in 18350 mode, I couldn't fire it hot enough to make up for the massive airflow. Even closed off all the way, it was still a bit too airy.
Since getting my Radius, I can fire it at 15 watts, and it works fine! I've got the airflow about 1/2 - 3/4 open. Love it.

-------
Now, all that being said, I just stumbled upon something that many vapers have known for a while now.
I decided to try a dual coil set up on my Kayfun 4.
Bear with me.

The KF4 (like the Calix) is capable of having a dual coil, as it has 4 screws.
So I wrapped my usual 5/6 wraps of 28g Kanthal to make my 1-1.1 ohm coil, and attached it to one set of screws. Did the same thing to the other set of screws.

Build came out to 0.60 ohms.
After doing the math, I decided I'd need to run it at 25 watts...which comes to 3.8-3.9 volts.

HOLY CANOLI.

The vape was amazing.

So, my reason for laying this all out for you folks is: I'm gonna do this on the Calix V2.

I also went shopping on Lightning Vapes and bought an assortment of different wires I've never used.
29g Kanthal
27g Kanthal
26g Kanthal

36g/28g Clapton Kanthal (36g wire spun around a 28g wire core)

I've put the Clapton in the Kayfun 5, and finally had a good experience with that atomizer...so I can't even imagine how good it will be with atomizers I already love (like the Calix)!!!!

I'll report back once I do it.
Nice to see you purchased some "TWENTY-NINE" gauge wire! (Reference to you giving me a friendly hard time when I mentioned I used it). I'm a fan as it ramps up quicker than 28 but isn't as crazy pliable as 30. :)

Also - I just wish the v2 Calix draw was a little quieter. Lol. I think the air grub screw should have been in the other hole like in the Kabuki :)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Nice to see you purchased some "TWENTY-NINE" gauge wire! (Reference to you giving me a friendly hard time when I mentioned I used it). I'm a fan as it ramps up quicker than 28 but isn't as crazy pliable as 30. :)

Yeah yeah yeah [emoji39]

I got it because I wanted to try it twisted.

Turns out, I would rather use a dual coil of 28g, than a single coil of twisted 29g.

Plus, the 29g will fit better in my Gem.

I'll likely be able to test the 36g/28g Clapton in the Calix v2 tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread