Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
If it is too noisy, turn the SS cup a couple of mm :)
I knew about that being the cure for the v1 and have done that, but never occurred to me to try the same thing on the v2 base! Haha. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
No news maybe good news.

My first Sophia is about 3 years old and I've dozen of them with loads(over-kill) of parts.
So far I've only replaced ceramic cup and very few plastic insulator.

My daily use is one V2 and four V1, they work perfectly and hence nothing to post to complaint about :p

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
No news maybe good news.

My first Sophia is about 3 years old and I've dozen of them with loads(over-kill) of parts.
So far I've only replaced ceramic cup and very few plastic insulator.

My daily use is one V2 and four V1, they work perfectly and hence nothing to post to complaint about :p
My V1's are my workhorses. And, I'm really enjoying my Calix Nano.
So, sometime between now and Christmas, I'll be ready for another purchase. And, I'm undecided between another Calix and the V2.

What's your opinion on the V1 versus the V2? Likes and dislikes of either of the two would be good to hear. LOL, though I don't expect too many dislikes. I guess I'm just looking for your opinion about V2 vs. V1.

Reactions: Billie-cig

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
So, sometime between now and Christmas, I'll be ready for another purchase. And, I'm undecided between another Calix and the V2.

What's your opinion on the V1 versus the V2? Likes and dislikes of either of the two would be good to hear. LOL, though I don't expect too many dislikes. I guess I'm just looking for your opinion about V2 vs. V1.

I prefer V1 as I find it more easy to built. I make my own NR-R-NR wire, and its not an easy task.
So both have their pro and cons. I own a Calix as well, but as I'm only using 18350 mech mod, it does not bring out the potential clouding capabilities.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia

I am a fan of the V1. I like the ceramic and I have a lot of spares so it is my go to.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe

If you don't have a V2 yet, I would say: buy a V2. Nothing beats the simplicity of making a new coil&wick for V2.
Also:
If you are breaking too many ceramics and this makes you nervous (it does make me nervous - "is there a never ending supply of ceramics?" :(), then buy a V2.

When I began using V2 parallel to V1, I thought I noticed some kind of subtle difference in favour of my beloved ceramics. I have to admit: I don't really notice it anymore - maybe because now I am used to using both? Maybe because I just don't try any more to find or feel the difference? Don't know.

If there was no V2, I would be happy (and sometimes nervous) to use my V1 Sophias. But now I am happy to have both of them.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
If you don't have a V2 yet, I would say: buy a V2. Nothing beats the simplicity of making a new coil&wick for V2.
Also:
If you are breaking too many ceramics and this makes you nervous (it does make me nervous - "is there a never ending supply of ceramics?" :(), then buy a V2.

When I began using V2 parallel to V1, I thought I noticed some kind of subtle difference in favour of my beloved ceramics. I have to admit: I don't really notice it anymore - maybe because now I am used to using both? Maybe because I just don't try any more to find or feel the difference? Don't know.

If there was no V2, I would be happy (and sometimes nervous) to use my V1 Sophias. But now I am happy to have both of them.
Great answer, thank you.
And, funny enough, just yesterday after a couple of years with my Sophias, I broke my first ceramic cup.
The V2 shall be my Christmas present to myself, if not sooner.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Hello to all. I haven't been around much but need some guidance. I have had the original Calix for quite a while and never got it to vape to my satisfaction so I kind of put it to the side and have decided to give it another try!! Some of the issues I have is not much vapor and I have a 1.2 ohm build, 510 connection is hit and miss on the Bod Mecha and other mechanicals, etc. I think I am missing something on coil installation or wick setup. Any pointers welcomed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Hello to all. I haven't been around much but need some guidance. I have had the original Calix for quite a while and never got it to vape to my satisfaction so I kind of put it to the side and have decided to give it another try!! Some of the issues I have is not much vapor and I have a 1.2 ohm build, 510 connection is hit and miss on the Bod Mecha and other mechanicals, etc. I think I am missing something on coil installation or wick setup. Any pointers welcomed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Less vapor may be caused from oversaturation or the coil is too low in the SS cup. Try putting the coil with at least the top third sticking out of the SS cup and close the liquid control a little bit. The hit and miss on the Mecha may be caused by the Mecha's pin. You can remove it and see if the plating has been removed from the top of the pin, especially if it is the older version. Let us know what you find :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
@yankeebobo I'm catching up to you a little. Ran across a deal for 6 ΣΟΦΙΑ's, 1 ΣΟΦΙΑ base (which I had an extra tube for), 2 D-base tanks, and some extra this and that's for them, all for $80 :shock: So that brings me up to 15 ΣΟΦΙΑ's. :w00t: I LOVE my ΣΟΦΙΑ's :wub:

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
@yankeebobo I'm catching up to you a little. Ran across a deal for 6 ΣΟΦΙΑ's, 1 ΣΟΦΙΑ base (which I had an extra tube for), 2 D-base tanks, and some extra this and that's for them, all for $80 :shock: So that brings me up to 15 ΣΟΦΙΑ's. :w00t: I LOVE my ΣΟΦΙΑ's :wub:

Wow Burnie! and I thought I am kind of freaky with my 6.
Greetings to all transatlantic Sofia-girls!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
15??
Way more than my 5.
But, what do you do with 15? Do you have 15 mods sitting there too?
I only ask because with my 5, I felt I needed to have them all running at the same time, so ended up picking up a Provari blem or two and a dBase tank or two, so as to have all the Sophias in action.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Cleaned up duplicate posts for HB

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
  • Deleted by classwife

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
  • Deleted by classwife

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
15??
Way more than my 5.
But, what do you do with 15? Do you have 15 mods sitting there too?
I only ask because with my 5, I felt I needed to have them all running at the same time, so ended up picking up a Provari blem or two and a dBase tank or two, so as to have all the Sophias in action.
Lets see, I have 2 in my travel kit (goes with me when I leave the house), one in use as my ADV, and the rest are rebuilt waiting to be changed out when needed. When I sit down to rebuild, I rebuild them all, that way I don't have to do it very often. I also have 6 Fogger Mini's built and ready for action, as well as 8 dripper (or BF) ready or in use, and more. :D Backups of my Backups times 20 :D Yes, I have LOTS more than I really Need. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread