Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
The SS cup in both cases have a 3x1,5 and 2,5x1,5 on the bottom. Both bases have a 16x1. Both top caps have a 11x3. The cage has also a 19,5x1 on the bottom of the sleeve and a 16x1 on top of the glass tube in the sleeve. All orings are derlin except the 11x3 which is silicone.

Off cigs

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Thanks Billie. Have some spares that I ordered in November when I got the Pico, but having some seepage issues despite having replaced all the orings (on cage tank). Seems to come from maybe the glass seal oring areas. Thoroughly cleaned all pieces and lined orings. Glass portion edges looke fine.

Edit "lubricted orings " not "lined orings"

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Thanks Billie. Have some spares that I ordered in November when I got the Pico, but having some seepage issues disputed having replaced all the orings (on cage tank). Seems to come from maybe the glass seal oring areas. Thoroughly cleaned all pieces and lined orings. Glass portion edges looke fine.
Where do you get the leakage from?
I can point out the reasons that can cause it, in case something was missed.

Reactions: HBcorpse

Off cigs

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
I can't quite tell where it seeps from. Liquid appears on the caged portion above where the base attaches. I have the tank with the parallelogram cut outs, and the seepage seems to be from around the glass holding portion, not from the top cap, or where the top cap connects. It appears well above where the base attaches, and is often on the glass itself, or on the metal cage portion.

Thanks in advance

Off cigs

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Think I found the problem. There was a minute area of "chatter" on the glass of the cage tank that was oriented toward the top of the atomizer when assembled. Must have damaged it during washing.

Cleaned the tank, relubed the orings, put in a spare glass, put it back together. So far, no seeping. Would guess that a slightly thicker oring could be used to seal the damaged glass, but the seam between the tank pieces would likely not fully seat.

Off cigs

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Thanks. I have enough o rings from byleo for a while, it's just the shipping cost from Greece to US is prohibitive. Also , I'd like to try a slightly larger size for the "chattered" glass.

I've purchased orings from the oring store for other attys, but despite washing, there still was some odor/flavor imparted to the ejuice.

The calix and Pico work great. I'm totally satisfied with them, and feel no need to look at other atomizers. I have a kayfun mini that I bought last January, and couldn't get it to work for me. It just sits. Of no use to me.

The calix, when I figured out the wick, wire, and juice flow combination for my preferred juice, is great. The kayfun, not so much. Wasted my money. Wish I'd Have put that towards another calix.

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I'm running out of premade wires for my Sophia v1s, and like the 1.8 ohms.
Fasttech has two, but other than a .1 ohm difference and slight wire dimension differences I'm not sure if it matters.
Their product numbers are 1760909 and 1521201.
Anybody out there using Fasttech wires and have a preference or experience with the two to guide me.
I vaguely remember from years ago some discussion but can't recall what thread nor what was said.
Any advice?

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Fasttech has two, but other than a .1 ohm difference and slight wire dimension differences I'm not sure if it matters.
Anybody out there using Fasttech wires and have a preference or experience with the two to guide me.
I vaguely remember from years ago some discussion but can't recall what thread nor what was said.
Any advice?

I'm pretty sure that the ones I've used were SKU 1521201 and those worked fine for me. I have a few bundles of 100 of the 1.8 ohm plus some other ones (mostly higher resistance) from FT that I'm not using. Happy to pass those along to you -- send me a PM with your address and I'll pop them in the mail.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Any advice?

I have some Stormy's pre-made wires hanging around here somewhere!

PM your addy and I too will pass them along!

Hi guys,

what size is the red silicone o-ring on the V1 cage top cap (for the sofia not calix!)??

cheers

steve

[emoji848]
Billie should be here annnnnny second...

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
Any advice?

I can only tell you that I am using the first of the two you mentioned (1760909). Reason: Somehow I don't like this black middle portion of the others :w00t: . No other or more rational reasoning behind it ...

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Any advice?

I started using the uncoiled wire but quickly moved onto their actual coils. I use these, remove the silica and replace with rayon. They fit on a 14guage blunt needle for easy manipulation. Because I had them for the sophia I also use in my other coils. I have found the consistency to be excellent.

$3.54 Ready-made Wicks and Wires - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 2.0ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I started using the uncoiled wire but quickly moved onto their actual coils. I use these, remove the silica and replace with rayon. They fit on a 14guage blunt needle for easy manipulation. Because I had them for the sophia I also use in my other coils. I have found the consistency to be excellent.

$3.54 Ready-made Wicks and Wires - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 2.0ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I use these $1.84 Pre-Coiled Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 33 AWG / 2.4ohm / 32*32mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread