BYB RY4 bad news...

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Mr.Mann, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann Visit the PIF Sub-Forum Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    BWB RY4 bad news...

This is my first post...so I hope I am doing this correctly!

Hello everyone, I hate to be the bearer of bad news...I talked to Don at BYB (through email) and he informed me that RY4 and Ejoker are being discontinued:ohmy:. As a matter of fact, I believe if you didn't get any this last time than your'e out of luck. He said there is just too limited a supply and customers were trying to circumvent the rules. I wish I had bought more than 30ml.

Man, it seems as if I lost lost someone that I care about! Please help me get the word out. There is a newsletter that corresponds to this info.

2. fray

fray Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

I know they are popular but I didn't think they were all that great. I like the ry4 but nothing to write home about IMO

If he discontinued malty toffee I would be calling his butt up though lol

3. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Ha! I just ordered that juice. It is cool though, because it also keep the business flowing to other vendors.

p.s. I am not a Facebook, Myspace, Twitter or any kind of social media person so this this forum posting is a new, very new thing for me. If i do something wrong someone tell me. Thanks

4. Rennod

Rennod Full Member

You can find the talk about BWB here: Backwoods Brew

Sucks they had to cancel, but I gotta respect the juice master's decision.

5. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Thanks. I am headed their now!

6. CavemanJoe

CavemanJoe New Member

It sucks, but I can see why he wants to discontinue.

He is a good man. Lots of other people, in his situation, would have doubled the price.

I do wonder, though, if - since he's washing his hands of RY4 and eJoker - he would open-source his recipe, so that we might be able to synthesize a similar replacement.

7. dlsw

dlsw Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just got my first and LAST RY4 in the mail. I am letting it steep. Is it weird for me to hope that I don't like it very much??? I am a huge RY4 consumer. IKV RY4 is my all day vape. Malty toffee is one of my faves too.

8. mattymatt82

mattymatt82 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wow, I'm glad I got a 30 ml bottle of RY4 a couple of weeks ago!

9. byggd

byggd Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I read this an their newsletter this morning. A case of the few ruining things for everyone. RY4 isn't for everyone but it is/was one of the truest "cig" flavors I ever found. I REALLY liked Ejoker. Perfect blend IMO.

10. JmeMcG

JmeMcG Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ok. I am dumb I guess and just FYI, I have never ordered any juice from BWB yet. I'm not one that is interested in Tobacco flavors, so was never intersted in trying these flavors. I read a little of the plans to discontinue these juices on another thread a little while back, so I was aware of the scuttlebutt.

Anyway, my dumb question for the day is: Why not just make bigger batches? Is there a special process to this juice that makes it so limiting to produce? Was just wondering and figured it must be something that I don't understand about the mixing process that makes this juice so limited. In my mind, when you have some really good sellers, you typically increase availability and you make more sales. Win, win for the vendor and buyers, right? Obviously there is a lot I don't know...

Sounds like the few who have some of this should hold onto it, hmmm? Maybe it will become as valuable as gold? BWB juice for investment purposes. All kidding aside, I am still really curious as to why it is produced in such limited amounts. I don't blame the vendor though, from some of what I read it just sounds like kind of a headache. Too bad.

11. byggd

byggd Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My understanding is one or more of the ingredients are hard to come by ……. And as with all Don’s juices he will not compromise. Rumor has it he is woking on a BW4 ;-)

12. punkito96

punkito96 Full Member

i finally got my first (and last) bottles of ejoker and RY4 a couple weeks ago.... they are good, but i actually prefer a lot of his other flavors, especially some of the new ones

13. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Man, I hate typos! Anyway, JmeMcg I think it is more of an issue with his suppliers. I have no idea how all this really works, but I believe that he can only get limited amounts of the KEY ingredients. I bought my first and last bottle of RY4 from him recently. The craziest thing was that if you refreshed the page you could see the quantity dwindling down fast as all get out. I mean it went fast! I can imagine it would be a hassle, but then again, that is business!

14. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Which flavors did you get punkito96, and what was your favorite?

15. punkito96

punkito96 Full Member

ive tried many of the original flavors as well as methoblast, orchard frost, and conundrum for the new ones. i think i like conundrum the best out of these 3, its definitely one of the most interesting & one of my top favs.

16. punkito96

punkito96 Full Member

& orchard frost is also very good, i prefer it over ejoker

17. dlsw

Orchard frost is nice... It is clear and refreshing. Malty toffee is deep and satisfying and sweeeeet.

18. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    I just ordered the Malty. Have you tried the Malty or just the Malty Toffee.

19. fray

fray Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

I like malty and malty toffee. I prefer the toffee myself.

20. dlsw

I have both, but prefer the malty toffee. The malty is just sweet. Malty toffee is deep and rich and sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.