C cell coils troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnyrayleigh

May 2, 2016
I'm pretty new to vaping. I have a vaporesso target mod and tank, but every time I try to change the coil, the new one just burns like crazy. I make sure the wattage is correct, I make sure everything is snug but not too snug, I prime the damn thing, but it always gets burnt. Has anyone else had these problems and if so how did you resolve them? For now I'm using a uwell crown tank and that has been great. But I feel it's such a shame that I haven't been able to use the ceramic coils.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
howdy! and welcome!

from what i understand you need to start off LOW (like 12w) and work your way up... from another forum member "After watching a video where the guy dry burned the cCell, then wet it water, and burned/steamed that off, I figured I have nothing to lose, so I tried it. Later last night, I tried the coil again, making sure to prime really good, primer puffs, then set aside for a bit. Started at 12 watts, and worked up. It working just fine now."

Sunnyrayleigh

May 2, 2016
howdy! and welcome!

from what i understand you need to start off LOW (like 12w) and work your way up... from another forum member "After watching a video where the guy dry burned the cCell, then wet it water, and burned/steamed that off, I figured I have nothing to lose, so I tried it. Later last night, I tried the coil again, making sure to prime really good, primer puffs, then set aside for a bit. Started at 12 watts, and worked up. It working just fine now."
So far I've wet it and done a few primer puffs... But already it's less burnt smelling. I believe you may have solved my problem! Now I'm super excited to recieve my new target setup

Reactions: dcfluegel

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
So far I've wet it and done a few primer puffs... But already it's less burnt smelling. I believe you may have solved my problem! Now I'm super excited to recieve my new target setup
good deal! i am looking forward to trying the new .5ohm ss316L cCell also - big fan of ss wire in general

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Welcome to Ecf. I love the cCell coils! I use them in a Melo 2 tank and have been for quite awhile now.

They do have a bit of break in time. I fill the tank after dripping about 10 drops directly into the coil. Then, I let the tank sit for about 15 minutes. I start out at 15 W and stay there for my first tank. Midway through the second tank, I move up to around 20W. By the third tank, I move up to 26W which is my sweet spot with these coils.

I have found that if you let the tank run fairly low on juice, it is very easy to change flavors. After just a few draws there will be no trace of the old flavor.

Also, I am able to "dry burn" these coils to clean once they start tasting "off". Once I use this method to clean them, they are like brand new again. I get several months from each coil.

I do hope that you find this info helpful. My guess is that you are either not letting the coil "soak" and get fully saturated for long enough on first fill or, you are not starting off low and moving up

Good luck because these coils really are amazing for vapor and flavor once you get them figured out :)

ETA- I do hope that you have saved the coils that you got the burnt taste from. They are very easy to recover after priming/breaking in correctly without even a hint of the burnt taste left behind.

Sunnyrayleigh

May 2, 2016
Welcome to Ecf. I love the cCell coils! I use them in a Melo 2 tank and have been for quite awhile now.

They do have a bit of break in time. I fill the tank after dripping about 10 drops directly into the coil. Then, I let the tank sit for about 15 minutes. I start out at 15 W and stay there for my first tank. Midway through the second tank, I move up to around 20W. By the third tank, I move up to 26W which is my sweet spot with these coils.

I have found that if you let the tank run fairly low on juice, it is very easy to change flavors. After just a few draws there will be no trace of the old flavor.

Also, I am able to "dry burn" these coils to clean once they start tasting "off". Once I use this method to clean them, they are like brand new again. I get several months from each coil.

I do hope that you find this info helpful. My guess is that you are either not letting the coil "soak" and get fully saturated for long enough on first fill or, you are not starting off low and moving up

Good luck because these coils really are amazing for vapor and flavor once you get them figured out :)

ETA- I do hope that you have saved the coils that you got the burnt taste from. They are very easy to recover after priming/breaking in correctly without even a hint of the burnt taste left behind.
I wish I had gone to a forum for help sooner because you're absolutely right I wasn't letting it soak in enough... And unfortunately out of my frustration I did toss a few coils. But the last one that burnt I was able to save and I have been enjoying that one so much. The crown tank is nice but I did miss the ceramic coils. This is a great step forward for me though.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I wish I had gone to a forum for help sooner because you're absolutely right I wasn't letting it soak in enough... And unfortunately out of my frustration I did toss a few coils. But the last one that burnt I was able to save and I have been enjoying that one so much. The crown tank is nice but I did miss the ceramic coils. This is a great step forward for me though.

I am glad that you were able to get them working.:thumb:
So many people like the Crown and it is just not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread