CA Fed Sen Feinestein responds ---Hmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbyRocket

Aug 25, 2015
Ugh these preachy politicians need to get a damn life & stay out of our bedrooms & our personal lives vaping doesn't hurt anybody. Actually I'd go a step further & say that they should have let people smoke too and let the chips fall where they may, but that's just me. It's about personal freedom. So sick of these elitist know-it-all politicians constantly telling people what they can & can't do we aren't children .... out. And don't get me started on that stooge Michael Bloomberg. It goes for both parties, both a bunch of preach know it all elitists.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
She looks like she's just itching to take a swing at me.
She must know I'm a dirty nicotine user.
:laugh:

Perhaps that picture was taken before she had her morning caffeine.

Don't Quote me on this.

But I think this is the Photo she used for her 2009 Christmas Cards that she sent to Republican House and Senators members.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
from Feinsteins letter.
this is one of the most despicable lies imaginable.
no one knows how addictive nicotine is. we do know 30%
of smokers become dependent on smoking.
nicotine in and of itself has been considered being of little or
no concern for health in the amounts found in cigarettes since
the 1964 Surgeon Generals report on smoking stated as much.
regards
mike

Even in the hypothesis of becoming addicted to nicotine alone, there's still no issue if you don't burn leaves while inhaling it:

Long-term effects of inhaled nicotine

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
You'd think if nicotine is a highly addictive and highly dangerous drug that some vapers would be in favor of having it removed from our products. You know, cause it only gives our opposition ammunition to go after us and isn't necessary. Saying instead that it can / should be avoided. But why would these vapers be consistent with their rhetoric? I mean, it's not like people vape for the flavors and the nicotine, is it?

Anyway, if you weren't sure about how an ANTZ might respond to your inquiry on vaping, now you do.

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
They want proof that ecigs are an effective method of smoking cessation/replacement, all they need to do is look at this forum. I would be half of the users here were prior smokers, and look how many of us are no longer smoking cigarettes, and have noticable better health. I for one, have not had smoked in over 5 years due to ecigs. I no longer cough like I did when smoking, and I can run well over 5 miles a day with no issues.

Reactions: haleysdadda

Chip H.

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2015
Even in the hypothesis of becoming addicted to nicotine alone, there's still no issue if you don't burn leaves while inhaling it:

Long-term effects of inhaled nicotine
I'm expecting a similar form letter to the OP from Schumer any day now and look forwarding to replying with the above link :)

To me, this is the crux of where their anti-vaping stance falls flat on its face. While there is little question that vaping in and of itself is habit forming, and, if we are being honest, is going to lead to a generation of never/only dabbled smokers becoming extended term vapers, there is also little question that existing science doesn't support any objective reason that should be an issue enough that it should be regulated out of existence.

Somehow I think if they were to implement a national 1/10th of a cent per milligram of nicotine tax on juice and nic base they would suddenly be singing a different tune.

Reactions: nicnik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread