Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Oh thank you! I meant to mention that. We defiantly need a new thread, preferably one that doesn't say everything is hunky dory in CA. Don't know what to call it though. Last I saw, no one was even certain what happens, what channels they have to take during a special session. Don't they have better things to do during a special session? Or maybe this is how they deal with everything that failed during the regular session.

Or we (well, Spacekitty) could request a title change.

No, we don't have any other problems in California. vaping is it. Save the children. .......s.

As to what the title should be, let's come up with something! vaping rights threatened in California--again?

Help!

But only Spacekitty can request a change--she's the OP.

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I think next it's back to the appropriations committee?
I'm not sure, I'd have to look tomorrow. Eyes crossed tonight. But yes, I know it has to go somewhere else and I hope they can see through the BS.
@spacekitty

Hello, Kitty! Could you be so kind and request a thread title change? We need to let peeps know that we're not out of the woods yet--quite the opposite. We're in deep.... :facepalm:

Thanks.
We're in a deep, steaming pile of poo, I believe you're trying to say.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I'm sure one of the others will have the info up tomorrow. I'm going to keel over if I don't go to bed.
I didn't either.... :lol:
Glad you tried it. Gonna freak some people out with it tomorrow talking about what they did today. :) :lol: :) Thank you! Sleep well.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm sure one of the others will have the info up tomorrow. I'm going to keel over if I don't go to bed.

Glad you tried it. Gonna freak some people out with it tomorrow talking about what they did today. :) :lol: :) Thank you! Sleep well.

Night, my dear friend!

I'm going to bed with my very depressing, very Scandinavian, very noir murder mystery book. Maybe that will cheer me up! :D

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I didn't hear his name called when they read the absent ones. I'll have to go back and look and be sure I read it right. I think I screwed up somewhere.

If you did that, you'd have to keep moving from state to state the way things are going. Gotta make a stand someplace. Might as well do it at home.
I've been wanting to move out for some time now, and will as soon as feasible.

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I'm taking deep breaths and letting this glide past me, have to for sanities sake. I can honestly say though that my whole outlook on the legislative process has changed and I want change, enough is enough. I don't want representation, I want to speak for myself.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
August's special session isn't yet up on digital democracy, but thousands of others are of course. Keep checking back. Of note (IMO) is the push for special sessions by gov brown for state budget. Instead of cutting back on the 3 digit wages & pensions the public health admin makes, they strongly lobby for higher taxes or else thousands upon thousands of patients will not be helped. Meanwhile, Moonbeam wants taxes & fees increased on car registrations, smokes, gas, vapor, any and everything that can & has been demonized for taxing & fee purposes to date. He wants people's land & water, & eminent domain requires $$.
Listen to the opposition pleading for more funds (be sure to also google your H&HS etc wages & pensions). Assembly Public Health and Developmental Services hearing of 07-09-2015 | Digital Democracy
Taken from thousands of clips shown doing search for August special sessions and also August special sessions electronic cigarettes
Then we have moonbeams war cry (will be back, it's in bookmarks somewhere). Found it. Jerry Brown Asks CA Legislature to Raise Taxes and the ongoing eminent domain grab for speedrail, water canals, whatever he decides we're gullible enough to okay California to Seize Farms for Jerry Brown's Water Tunnels
Another edit: there were 24 bills in this "budget" session. California State Legislature - Open States

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I don't know, Andria. I'm depressed.

Don't blame you; I feel a bit depressed about it myself, though I don't live there; just knowing there are greedy, stupid, self-serving, venal people like these in the world is very depressing. Their very existence makes a strong case for the 2nd amendment. ;)

Andria

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
USMCotaku post this link in another unrelated thread, I hope he doesn’t mind that I post it here, and bravo for spreading the news to other areas of ECF. Here’s the link. Vape Prohibition Begins » VAPE ABOUT IT

Night, my dear friend!

I'm going to bed with my very depressing, very Scandinavian, very noir murder mystery book. Maybe that will cheer me up! :D
LOL, did it work?
I've been wanting to move out for some time now, and will as soon as feasible.
Fair enough. We live in a nice area of CA away from all the city folks. We'll probably eventually move up to Oregon, but they aren't looking much better either. :(
August's special session isn't yet up on digital democracy, but thousands of others are of course. Keep checking back. Of note (IMO) is the push for special sessions by gov brown for state budget. Instead of cutting back on the 3 digit wages & pensions the public health admin makes, they strongly lobby for higher taxes or else thousands upon thousands of patients will not be helped. Meanwhile, Moonbeam wants taxes & fees increased on car registrations, smokes, gas, vapor, any and everything that can & has been demonized for taxing & fee purposes to date. He wants people's land & water, & eminent domain requires $$.
Listen to the opposition pleading for more funds (be sure to also google your H&HS etc wages & pensions). Assembly Public Health and Developmental Services hearing of 07-09-2015 | Digital Democracy
Taken from thousands of clips shown doing search for August special sessions and also August special sessions electronic cigarettes
Then we have moonbeams war cry (will be back, it's in bookmarks somewhere). Found it. Jerry Brown Asks CA Legislature to Raise Taxes and the ongoing eminent domain grab for speedrail, water canals, whatever he decides we're gullible enough to okay California to Seize Farms for Jerry Brown's Water Tunnels
Another edit: there were 24 bills in this "budget" session. California State Legislature - Open States
Thank you, Uma! Long time no see. Hope you are avoiding the fires this year and doing well. :)

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I couldn't watch the whole thing--it made me physically ill.
I stopped being able to watch this kind of garbage years ago.
I have a temper.

I'm mostly harmless, but my temper goes up fast, and then I rant and rave.
And then I calm down again.

My wife of 18 years has gotten used to it, and just waits until it's over.
But I scare the crap out of my dog.

And that makes me have a sad.
:(

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I stopped being able to watch this kind of garbage years ago.
I have a temper.

I'm mostly harmless, but my temper goes up fast, and then I rant and rave.
And then I calm down again.

My wife of 18 years has gotten used to it, and just waits until it's over.
But I scare the crap out of my dog.

And that makes me have a sad.
:(

When I start hollering, my cat slinks off and hides. :D

Andria

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have no clue how special sessions work... Alas. Sorry...

"In addition to the regular session, the Governor may, by proclamation, require the Legislature to meet in special session. A special session may run concurrently with the Legislature’s normally scheduled meeting time and/or during its recesses. During the special session, the Legislature may act only on subjects specified in the proclamation. To handle both the regular session and a special session at the same time, the Legislature may temporarily recess its work in the regular session, convene in the special session, and then reconvene the regular session after temporarily recessing the special session. This recessing and reconvening may happen more than once on the same day.

Aside from the fact that a special session is limited to the subject matter for which it was called, there are no significant differences in process between a regular and special session. However, the effective dates for bills enacted during a special session are somewhat different than those for a regular session. (See Article IV, Section 8 for more details.)"

Legislative Process

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Don't they have better things to do during a special session? Or maybe this is how they deal with everything that failed during the regular session.
That was not necessarily the intent.
It's just how it has evolved for those intent on pursuing what they want outside the bounds of normal process.

Basically, circumventing the process of checks and balances.

It may have been a good idea at some point.
Although that's doubtful.

But this disgusting display shows how it has been perverted in ways never intended.
Which is kinda like politics in general these days.

As to what the title should be, let's come up with something! Vaping rights threatened in California--again?
I think a new thread would be very much appropriate at this point.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
That was not necessarily the intent.
It's just how it has evolved for those intent on pursuing what they want outside the bounds of normal process.

Basically, circumventing the process of checks and balances.

It may have been a good idea at some point.
Although that's doubtful.

But this disgusting display shows how it has been perverted in ways never intended.
Which is kinda like politics in general these days.

I think a new thread would be very much appropriate at this point.

it's just like encryption software -- no matter how good the encryption, someone can find a way to beat it. No matter how good the anti-virus program, someone will try to make a virus that can defeat it. The virus of "I wanna!" has infected US politics so egregiously, we may never get it out.

*sigh*

Andria

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
"In addition to the regular session, the Governor may, by proclamation, require the Legislature to meet in special session. A special session may run concurrently with the Legislature’s normally scheduled meeting time and/or during its recesses. During the special session, the Legislature may act only on subjects specified in the proclamation. To handle both the regular session and a special session at the same time, the Legislature may temporarily recess its work in the regular session, convene in the special session, and then reconvene the regular session after temporarily recessing the special session. This recessing and reconvening may happen more than once on the same day.

Aside from the fact that a special session is limited to the subject matter for which it was called, there are no significant differences in process between a regular and special session. However, the effective dates for bills enacted during a special session are somewhat different than those for a regular session. (See Article IV, Section 8 for more details.)"

Legislative Process
So, is this the part we're talking about? Article IV, Section 8 (d) http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.const/.article_4

(d) Urgency statutes are those necessary for immediate
preservation of the public peace, health, or safety. A statement of
facts constituting the necessity shall be set forth in one section of
the bill. In each house the section and the bill shall be passed
separately, each by rollcall vote entered in the journal, two thirds
of the membership concurring. An urgency statute may not create or
abolish any office or change the salary, term, or duties of any
office, or grant any franchise or special privilege, or create any
vested right or interest.

Our dog, no joke, never thinks he does anything wrong. You can yell, scream, stamp your feet, just about bust a gut and all he does is sit there with his tail wagging. Born politician.

Murray B

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Underaged registrant

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Of note (IMO) is the push for special sessions by gov brown for state budget. Instead of cutting back on the 3 digit wages & pensions the public health admin makes, they strongly lobby for higher taxes or else thousands upon thousands of patients will not be helped. Meanwhile, Moonbeam wants taxes & fees increased on car registrations, smokes, gas, vapor, any and everything that can & has been demonized for taxing & fee purposes to date.

Yeah. That makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread