May 12, 2011
Maine

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Very nice work! :) I will have to order a custom caddy when I get settled with my vaping stuff. Right now I have "mod fever", so I have no idea where I'll end up.

Thanks my4jewels. Have fun aquiring your mods. :) Let me know when you are ready.
I am constantly looking at mods, my next one, and hopefully the last one, will be a BB. I need to make me a new caddy, one large one, to hold all my stuff.

Swigger14

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
Boston
Hey guys - I just wanted to stop by and offer a review for the caddy that I ordered from Paul. It is, in a word, fantastic. Even better were Paul's constant updates and frequent questions.

I asked for spots for 2 10ml bottles, 2 Riva batts, 2 510 standards, and as many Boge carto slots as he could fit.

Paul sent me an outline and gave me options for the layout, felt, shipping, etc. The extra touches are so nice, the sides of the holes are lined with felt (expected just the bottom) and there are little pads on the bottom in each corner. I could not be any happier with working with Paul and the price was totally right.

I may want another one of these, but other people should get in if Paul can handle it.

Thanks Paul!

7909318_bigthumb.JPG
[/URL][/IMG]

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hello all. I am going to do a little updating here, along with adding a photobucket link for examples of what I have been making. The link will be at the bottom of this post.
First of all, the process has been, that once you contact me, I will ask you just what it is you have that you want the caddy to hold. I will also need accurate diameter dimensions of your pv's, tanks, ect., ect. These dimensions can be in MM or inches. I will convert mm to inches. Once I have this info, I will work up a layout, and get a size for the wood block that will be needed. My layout you will not have to accept, if you want the holes arranged a little differently. At this point I will be able to quote a firm price. You are under no obligation up to this point. Up to this point I haven’t seen a need to require any partial payment. Once the layout is agreed upon and I give you a quote, and you accept, then it's a go.
Most caddys I've made, with the exception of the larger juice caddys, will fit in a small priority flat rate box and shipping on that is about $5.90 if I remember correctly. Anything larger goes in a medium flat rate box and that is about $11.10. Both of these include the conformation.
The wood I use is Basswood, a lighter, soft wood, with a stain and lacquer finish. This wood, when I have it, can be a little cheaper. I also use red oak which looks real nice with a lacquer finish.
The red oak is two 3/4" pieces laminated together to make a solid 1-1/2" thick block. The juice caddy is a 3/4" thick piece. Felt lining is added to keep items from getting scratched and may add to the price a little if there are a lot of holes to do.
Usually I say that it takes about a week to make a caddy, but it can be a little more or less.
To give an idea on price, so you aren’t totally in the dark starting off, the caddys can be from about 25.00 - to 35.00 dollars + shipping. The juice caddys about half that + shipping. I will invoice thru PayPal when the caddy is ready to ship.
Also I like to have your e-mail addy, as I find it easier to use for part of my communication with you,especially for sending update pics. I usually update every couple days throughout the process.

As I have said before, I am retired and enjoy doing this. I used to make big things like blanket chests, book cases, night stands, ect, ect. Now I like making small things and not having to wrestle big pieces of wood around.

If there is anything else you would like to know, any other info, please don’t hesitate to pm me and ask.

Completed Caddys pictures by oplholik - Photobucket

Thank you,
Paul :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
I have these three caddys available if you are looking for something to hold your 2 X AAA, and 3 X AAA box mods. They also hold juice bottle(s) 5-10ml that measure approx. 20.4mm. And 14500 batteries.
Capture.jpg

Capture3.jpg

The smaller one, green felt lining, is $22.50, and the other two are $25.00 ea. Shipping is $ 5.00, Priority flat rate with conformation.
Payment is thru PP.
If you are interested or want more info, please pm me.

Thanks,
Paul

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
What's the full size on these? They are loaded with possibilities.

Leaving the current hole for his juice, do you think you could fit these in one of them?
A Buzz Pro Mist(measures exactly 22mm diameter)
3xAA box mod
VV Power grip(1.2" x 2.2").
Also, blue felt?

You can pm me with details and possibilities.

Right now, I've got a Buzz Pro Mist, a 3xAA box mod, and a SweetVape. I am waiting on a VV power GRIP, a VV Hogmod, and a Redsky VV mod.So, I won't be quite ready for mine for a while.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Tracking shows its due to arrive tomorrow at your location. Gonna look very nice I think! :)

w-4779-03.jpg

Yep, that is a nice piece of walnut. It arrived in Vernon at about noon, which is about 30 miles from here, or a little less. So should definitely make it tomorrow.

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
I have these three caddys available if you are looking for something to hold your 2 X AAA, and 3 X AAA box mods. They also hold juice bottle(s) 5-10ml that measure approx. 20.4mm. And 14500 batteries.
Capture.jpg

Capture3.jpg

The smaller one, green felt lining, is $22.50, and the other two are $25.00 ea. Shipping is $ 5.00, Priority flat rate with conformation.
Payment is thru PP.

Thanks,
Paul

I have a couple more caddys here that are in the rough. All that is needed is the holes for your pv's and batts, and then finish. Choices of felt are blue, green, brown, and red. Price for each is $28.50 + $5.00 for priority flat rate. Pm me if interested.

Thanks.

Capture1.jpg

Capture.jpg

Don't want to burry these since these are still avaliable...I believe.

I'm torn between red and brown felt... what do you think will look better with the walnut I'm sending? (Or better to have it "in hand" before answering...?)

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Capture.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Payment is thru PP.

Thanks,
Paul

These are for 2 X AA and 3 X AA boxes not the AAA as listed, my bad. They are also still available.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
I have a couple more caddys here that are in the rough. All that is needed is the holes for your pv's and batts, and then finish. Choices of felt are blue, green, brown, and red. Price for each is $28.50 + $5.00 for priority flat rate. Pm me if interested.

Thanks.

Capture1.jpg

Capture.jpg

The caddy with the brown felt has been sold, the green(felt color can be changed) is still available.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Bringing this back up to the top. I believe that was me who snatched that one. Paul has been very attentive, and he's designing it to my specs as a Christmas gift for Hubby. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. Paul has sent me updates for my approval in a very timely fashion. Very easy working with him.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Bringing this back up to the top. I believe that was me who snatched that one. Paul has been very attentive, and he's designing it to my specs as a Christmas gift for Hubby. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. Paul has sent me updates for my approval in a very timely fashion. Very easy working with him.

Thanks for the bump m4j, and the kind words. Yep, the brown one is the one we started with. I'm always happy when I can do the caddy just the way someone wants.
Thanks again, and have a good weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread