***California Assembly bill to BAN SHIPMENT OF E CIGARETTES TO ANYONE IN CALIFORNIA***

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
OK see now this is something to really worry about. Worrying about banning indoor vaping is a waste of time. When they go after online sales, that's a real threat. You can kiss your low price, your selection, and the availability of the products goodbye and every vendor in this forum will be going out of business. Stop wasting energy worrying about the right to vape at a hospital or whatever and concentrate that energy on focusing on keeping stuff like this from happening. Word.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Except Lorillard/Blu do most of their business in B&M stores. I was Democrat for yrs. until they became so controlling and this is just another one of their STUPID moves. If they had their way we would become the U.S.S.A.

In today's Day and Age, it would be Extremely Foolish to Ignore Internet Sales as a Core Part of your Business. That is, Unless there was a Way to Ensure that your Competitors could Not Compete Against you via the Internet.

Like I said, I would be Very Interested to see what statements Lorillard might have regarding this Bill.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
The same way they do tobacco products in Arizona right now. No vendor outside Arizona will ship to Arizona because of Arizona law. We've dealt with this because the American Indian Reservations sell tobacco products and didn't want outside competition. However, ecigs have not been deemed tobacco products by the FDA yet so we can still buy those out of State.

This is why it was so important when banks in four States put the brakes on ecig net sales on 1/1/14 using the PACT Act to do it. (which was wrong but they did it none-the-less) They said because of the PACT Act which controls interstate tobacco sales. Right or wrong, we got a dose of the future. Now California wants to do the same thing. If they pass it, credit card companies along with vendors will have to comply with the law and not sell to California.

Send a check to vendors you have dealt with.
Buy in large quantities, get a PO BOX pick a state line and drive.
it will be a PIA but work arounds are do able

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I think they can only regulate the USPS. I don't think they have the power to tell FedeX or UPS what they can ship. Everyone should stop using USPS anyway. They're all but worthless.

They can stop UPS and FedEx. I sell guns online and the easiest way of shipping them is via USPS. I show a copy of the gun dealer license at the post office and it's a done deal. UPS and Fedex have forms to fill out.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
California bill would ban online tobacco sales | Local News - KSBW Home

"
State Assembly Bill 1500 aims to ban the shipment of all tobacco products to anyone in California.

"Having a very bright clear line that we just won't allow sales through the internet to individuals will make it easier to curtail the purchase by young people," said Dickinson.

A similar bill made it all the way to former Gov. Schwarzenegger's desk in 2007 before it was vetoed, but Dickinson is confident it will pass this time.

One of the bill's key supporters in 2007 was then-Attorney General Jerry Brown."

That Isn't Good News at all.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
They can stop UPS and FedEx. I sell guns online and the easiest way of shipping them is via USPS. I show a copy of the gun dealer license at the post office and it's a done deal. UPS and Fedex have forms to fill out.

That may be true, but I just this morning spent an hour in line at the post office to find out where my package that has been sitting there for two weeks is only to be basically told, "Duh, I don't know." The post office is becoming more and more worthless. I have a two day priority package also that hasn't arrived in eight days so far. UPS would have had it on my doorstep like clockwork.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
If you want to give them a taste of what an online e-cigarette ban will do, boycott the United States Post Office. Take the billion dollars a year the vaping community gives them and give it to Fed eX or UPS. To tell you the truth I don't like having the government track my packages in the first place. Boycott the USPS!!!

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
We need a list of legislators to start the process of texting/emailing/and calling. I think it is time to take the action to the streets.... This is getting ridiculous. I am all for banning sales to minors. but this is not designed to save the children.... Why don't they stop the online pharmacies the kids are buying hydrocodone, or the ads for marshmallow flavored vodka.

If this goes through I may seriously consider moving to a state that believes in the principle "for the people"

Um, I don't know if there are any states left that believe in the principle of "for the people," at least not in the interpretation intended by the founders. At one point, I had thought of posting a copy of the U.S. Declaration of Independence, to make my own "for the people" argument. But upon reading it first, I realized that people that say those things nowdays are accused by the federal government of promoting terrorism. I have always been a patriotic citizen, but things have gotten so bad in this country that I automatically think twice before cited our nation's founding documents. Wasn't there a famous saying about the true sign of tyranny is when the citizens grow to fear the government?

What we are seeing all over the country is not really about ecigs. It is a power grab and yet another encroachment into the personal lives of the citizens by using a legal mechanism that was successfully developed to attack tobacco in the 1980s and 1990s. We have seen similar, less successful attempts to use the same legal mechanism against other products, such as big gulps or certain types of chips. When the government, state or federal, spends its time demonizing perfectly legal products and harassing citizens that exercise their freedom to purchase and use those products, I think that it is a sign that the government is no longer functioning on the basis "of the people, by the people, for the people." Properly, government is supposed to be an extension of the people, and not a separate self-sustaining entity with its own needs and desires that are diverse from those of the people being governed. I could go on and on, but I don't want to trip the alarm at the NSA.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
They have no right to do this we aren't children

Well, we apparently keep given them the right to do this, every few years. And, yes we are children, at least in the eyes of the nannies in control of our lives. The average age of U.S. citizens is 5-years old. The average age of Californians is, like, 3-years old.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
California bill would ban online tobacco sales | Local News - KSBW Home

"
State Assembly Bill 1500 aims to ban the shipment of all tobacco products to anyone in California.

"Having a very bright clear line that we just won't allow sales through the internet to individuals will make it easier to curtail the purchase by young people," said Dickinson.

A similar bill made it all the way to former Gov. Schwarzenegger's desk in 2007 before it was vetoed, but Dickinson is confident it will pass this time.

One of the bill's key supporters in 2007 was then-Attorney General Jerry Brown."

That Isn't Good News at all.

See? It's always the same characters getting into office, and spending all their time bilking the people out of their money and freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread