***California Assembly bill to BAN SHIPMENT OF E CIGARETTES TO ANYONE IN CALIFORNIA***

Status
Not open for further replies.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
For cigarettes, it prevents avoiding California cigarette taxes.

For ecigs, it keeps people from quitting smoking, and, combined with the proposals to NOT let us buy them locally, it forces us to smoke, thus saving a lot of Medi-cal money we would have spent when we were old, and also keeping us buying stinkies.

I already have my work around in place if need be.
Jus dont want to have to use it

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Was there a reason why the CTA was updated ... just more info or something like that?

We had hoped this was a dead bill (both, actually) but 1500 got assigned to a committee a couple of days ago. Last time I checked that committee, it was not scheduled for a hearing date yet.

If you go to Hearings | Committee on Governmental Organization, the only 2 currently-posted meetings are April 2 and Apr 23, neither of which have AB1500 on the agenda.

But by the time the hearing is publicized as scheduled, it can be too late to get an appt. with your rep, so even though the call to action will become much more urgent once the hearing date is set, it is worth notifying us that someone is casting a res spell on AB1500.

BTW, my cousin has had a lot of good luck with state legislatures when she takes a GROUP to see the legislator. It bespeaks a higher level of organization and committment on our part, so it gets more attention. Anybody in Rep. Gordon's district please PM me. (No, he's not on the committee.)

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Berrylanna wrote:

We had hoped this was a dead bill (both, actually) but 1500 got assigned to a committee a couple of days ago.

Every bill that is introduced must be assigned to a committee. Since the idiot who sponsored AB 1500 didn't know which committee it would be assigned to until last week, he's probably done very little (if any) lobbying of his fellow Assembly members (including members of the Governmental Organization Cmte) to support his bill.

That's why now is the time for all CA vapers to contact the Cmte members urging them to oppose AB 1500.

The Cmte Chair may or may not hold a public hearing on AB 1500 (as hearings usually only occur if the bill's sponsor, or lots of other folks, urge the Cmte Chair to hold a public hearing).

The Cmte won't consider (i.e. vote on) AB 1500 unless/until after a majority of Cmte members indicate support for the bill. Hopefully, that will not occur during this legislative session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread