Not open for further replies.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
SB 140 will be heard in the Committee on Governmental Organization on Wednesday, July 8th at 1:30 PM.

Oppose SB 140 - Send an Email

Please take action now by sending a fully-editable, pre-written email to members of the committee. Please note: if you are not a resident of a district represented by a member of the committee you will be sending a message your assembly member only.

If passed, SB 140 would, among other things:
  • Define vapor products as “tobacco products”
  • Prohibit vaping where smoking is currently banned
  • Prohibit vaping in vapor shops
  • Prohibit vaping in some private residences, group homes, and transitional housing
For those living in districts not represented by a member of the Governmental Organization Committee, please take a moment to contact the committee to politely express your opposition to SB 140 - Welcome to the Committee on Governmental Organization | Committee on Governmental Organization

For updates and other opportunities to take action, please follow NorCal SFATA.

CASAA: California Call to Action! Oppose SB 140.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
JustJulie--Stellar job. Completed almost all requests as directed in relatively easy to follow non contradictory directions.
It was a bit of work. Anything worth doing requires a little effort on our part.
5 STARS--5/5 RATING to Julie.

Could not send to legislators as a whole (you would think this could be done) but was able to migrate to my representative and push the CASAA objective via email. Hopefully my legislator will be having lunch with one of the committee members and relay our concerns.

Working on calling legislators in my local toll free area code thanks to the info supplied by NorCal SFATA. Will be interesting to see if I can talk with any of them. Maybe try to leave a message.

Every little bit of CASAA information directed at our legislator(s) helps our cause regardless whether one thinks it might help or not.

I urge everyone to donate as much time/money you can spare to forward the CASAA point of view regarding an attack on vaping. Five minutes of you time promoting CASAA objectives is better than no effort/response.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Thanks for your kind words, BrotherBob. Kudos go to Alex Clark, our legislative director, who is simply awesome. :)

The decision to pair advocates with their legislators is a deliberate one. Frankly, legislators aren't terribly interested in what out-of-district folks have to say, although they tend to listen with a great deal more interest to the views of those people who actually elect them.

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread