Not open for further replies.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
SB 140 will be heard in the Committee on Governmental Organization on Wednesday, July 8th at 1:30 PM.

Oppose SB 140 - Send an Email

Please take action now by sending a fully-editable, pre-written email to members of the committee. Please note: if you are not a resident of a district represented by a member of the committee you will be sending a message your assembly member only.

If passed, SB 140 would, among other things:
  • Define vapor products as “tobacco products”
  • Prohibit vaping where smoking is currently banned
  • Prohibit vaping in vapor shops
  • Prohibit vaping in some private residences, group homes, and transitional housing
For those living in districts not represented by a member of the Governmental Organization Committee, please take a moment to contact the committee to politely express your opposition to SB 140 - Welcome to the Committee on Governmental Organization | Committee on Governmental Organization

For updates and other opportunities to take action, please follow NorCal SFATA.

CASAA: California Call to Action! Oppose SB 140.

Last edited:

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
The hearing for SB 140 will be live at 1:30 Pacific time. Once you click on the link look for the Assembly Governmental Organization Committee listed on the upcoming events.

LIVE Webcast - California Politics, News, Video and More | The California Channel : California Politics, News, Video and More | The California Channel
We were just told a bunch of lies about nicotine, including that it is only found in tobacco - nowhere else. Hazmat suggestion for spills, implying that if an ecig leaks, call in the the pros to clean it up. Many other lies about vaping, so far.

This "ORAGANIZATION" committee was seven minutes late, BTW.

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:
Reactions: nicnik

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
So, Senator Leno is angry that he couldn't get everything he wanted, and announces he's taking the ball home and won't allow playing with it anymore, while his colleague consoles him with a comment about what awful treatment this is of poor Sen. Leno.

All of his sponsors that he said would remove their support if the bill doesn't define vaping products as tobacco products (the usual players, ACS, ALA etc., and others, including police organizations and their well-knnown expertise regarding tobacco, and others who seem to know more about what is tobacco than biologists, God, and people with common sense), might now cut their donations a bit because he didn't get the complete job done. Anyway, Leno's partners in deceit in the assembly are joining him in his 'no compromise or I quit' stance

Then, next up was a bill that got quickly approved, that seems to relax a targeted small part of the restrictions on alcohol advertising, but I might have misunderstood.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I so bad wanted to watch this today but had to pick my nephew up in Chicago. I hope this vid will be viewable still, I want to see the blow by blow action from today. So glad this was defeated!
Senator Leno told the Senator who proposed the vote that passed (the one removing the first added ammendment),
(EDIT: Correction - the one retaining the first ammendment)
that he'd send him the video, since he was late and missed some of the testimony. That, and the fact that I watched a recording of a previous session that was posted online earlier in the year, lead me to believe it will be posted.

You'll see some big lies told by the bad guys, about why they were so intolerant of removing that ammendment, which is the one that attempted to ammend nature itself, and would've opened the door to calling anything unwanted by anybody "a tobacco product".

Last edited:
Reactions: pennysmalls

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Just watched it nicnik, and wow was Leno upset lol! I skipped past his intro and everything else he had to say. There is not one thing that he could say that I haven't heard a thousand times over so I saved myself that headache. I'm loving me some Senator Perea. He was a fresh breath of air with his calm and reasoning manner. And those "me too's" are always so important and there were so many! Californians rocked it today, thank god!

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
LOS ANGELES & SACRAMENTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Smoke-Free Alternatives Trade Association (SFATA) today issued the following statement on Senate Bill 140 (SB 140), a measure introduced by Sen. Mark Leno (D-San Francisco), following his withdrawal of the legislation after the Assembly Governmental Organization Committee voted to adopt amendments that were objectionable to the author:

SFATA Issues Statement on Withdrawal of California SB 140 | Business Wire

Reactions: DC2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread