Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Since Reynolds and Altria ads opposing Prop 56 will say whatever those company's focus groups find are the most effective arguments to make against the tax proposal, I suspect that Reynolds and Altria may run television ads urging voters to reject Prop 56 specifically because it would impose an unfair and massive tax on vapor products.

Nothing like defeating a cigarette tax hike by criticizing the vapor tax that was included along with it.
Good for them for fighting an unfair tax, whatever their gain from it.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Those predominantly poor people are paying over $32 billion in tobacco taxes each year and you're asking this now?
Well, when it started I was too young to really take notice. I'm older now, and more aware, and I'm wondering why some still champion taxes like this. Yeah, all of us here oppose it because it's tacking on the tax to vapor products, but really we should be opposing it anyway, even if it left vapor products alone.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
You should Amend that to "won't/can't" vote them out.
Politicians are far more scared of much smaller potential voting blocks. The mistake was made when smokers were 40% of the voters. That was a huge block. Even now 18% is a huge voting block. Smokers just never organized. We were cowed into sheeple submission....

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Politicians are far more scared of much smaller potential voting blocks. The mistake was made when smokers were 40% of the voters. That was a huge block. Even now 18% is a huge voting block. Smokers just never organized. We were cowed into sheeple submission....

The Same can be Said for e-Cigarette Users/Sellers.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Because vapers have had 40 years of sheeple training....

No.

Because the Vast Majority of Vapers are Clueless. And the Overwhelming Majority of the Retailers are Unwilling to even Inform their Customers of what is Going On.

"How can you Fight a Foe so Deadly when you Don't Even Know its there?"

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
No.

Because the Vast Majority of Vapers are Clueless. And the Overwhelming Majority of the Retailers are Unwilling to even Inform their Customers of what is Going On.

"How can you Fight a Foe so Deadly when you Don't Even Know its there?"
Because they are ex smoking sheeple trained to go with the flow and accept the unending insults... Including the vape shop owners

Reactions: Vandal

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Do you Really believe that Sheeple Causality slant? And that it can be Applied to All of the Problems that befall Vaper's?
Yes. I don't understand WHY I just know it started 40 years ago when we might have been able to stand up to tobacco control. And now everyone tacitly accepts that we've been stripped of any individual rights. That's why all the arguments are framed around harm reduction and economic loss. Our rights are irrelevant. We let that happen 40 years ago

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes. I don't understand WHY I just know it started 40 years ago when we might have been able to stand up to tobacco control. And now everyone tacitly accepts that we've been stripped of any individual rights. That's why all the arguments are framed around harm reduction and economic loss. Our rights are irrelevant. We let that happen 40 years ago

OK. Then Everyone is a Sheeple in your eyes.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
OK. Then Everyone is a Sheeple in your eyes.
Not everyone. Just too many now to matter. And we are our own worst enemy. We should be championing the right to vape for ALL. Even and especially never smokers. Instead, when never smokers come here for advice they are treated like tobacco control treats us. And as you well know I believe that in critical ways this forum carries way too much water for tobacco control. We are truly our own worst enemy

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Not everyone. Just too many now to matter. And we are our own worst enemy. We should be championing the right to vape for ALL. Even and especially never smokers. Instead, when never smokers come here for advice they are treated like tobacco control treats us. And as you well know I believe that in critical ways this forum carries way too much water for tobacco control. We are truly our own worst enemy

What percentage of ALL Current and Potential Vaper's do you think the ECF Reaches?

80% ?
50% ?
10% ?
2% ?
Less than 1% ?

Reactions: DC2

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Less than 1% ?

It's not just ECF though, it's vapers in general. Just saw another post on FB today in the CASAA group about the candy cigarettes, and there are still people(VAPERS) spreading the BS that there's some connection between candy cigs and teen smoking.

Reactions: DC2 and VNeil

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What are you now arguing, that we are all irrelevant here ?

No. No I'm Not.

What I'm trying to point out is when you Leave the Ethereal World of Internet Forum such as this, and go into the Real World, that the Percentage of Vaper's Vastly Outnumbers those who wile away there time frequenting e-Cigarette Forums.

So making some Conclusion about the Entire Vaping Population based on what You Perceive happens on 1 Internet Forum is Fallacy.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's not just ECF though, it's vapers in general. Just saw another post on FB today in the CASAA group about the candy cigarettes, and there are still people(VAPERS) spreading the BS that there's some connection between candy cigs and teen smoking.

Sounds like Someone is Yanking Somebodies Chain regarding Candy Cigarettes.

And Again, is this Reflective of Views on the Population Level? Or just the Rant of a Small Group of Individuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread