Not open for further replies.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I vape, I voted.

Let's hope the general population of CA doesn't say "I don't smoke, this doesn't effect me, why not raise the tax?"
That's the problem with "sin", "luxury", etc. taxes. Doesn't affect me so why not tax steal even more from those it does.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I vape, I voted.

Let's hope the general population of CA doesn't say "I don't smoke, this doesn't effect me, why not raise the tax?"

We can Always Hope. But History is Not in our favor.

BTW - I wonder How Many CA Vaper's Vote? And out those who do, How Many even know that this is going to Effect Them?

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
We can Always Hope. But History is Not in our favor.

BTW - I wonder How Many CA Vaper's Vote? And out those who do, How Many even know that this is going to Effect Them?
I haven't set foot in a vape shop in probably a year. I did check the facebook pages of the ones I had been to in the past, I saw one(of three) that had a blurb about voting No on 56. I did not see anything vape related in any of the official literature on the proposition, or any vape companies on the list of those funding the No on 56 campaign.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I haven't set foot in a vape shop in probably a year. I did check the facebook pages of the ones I had been to in the past, I saw one(of three) that had a blurb about voting No on 56. I did not see anything vape related in any of the official literature on the proposition, or any vape companies on the list of those funding the No on 56 campaign.

I have Seen Almost NOTHING.

With the exception of No on 56 TV Ads paid for by BT.

Reactions: Lessifer

Mice Elf

Verified Member
Oct 26, 2016
People's Republic of California

I'm always heartbroken at the number of voters I see walk into the polls without their handbooks and vote based on the description on the ballot.:w00t:

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
56 passed with a 61% margin. Ironically, 64 also passed with a 55% margin. I guess all the vaping children will just have to switch to {Other stuff}. :)

This Entire Election has been Bizarre.

Sometimes I wonder if I have Slipped on a Slurpee Spill at 7-11 and have Hit my Head. And this is all just some Bad Coma Dream.

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
This Entire Election has been Bizarre.

Sometimes I wonder if I have Slipped on a Slurpee Spill at 7-11 and have Hit my Head. And this is all just some Bad Coma Dream.

:blink:
Bizarre is a good adjective, but I'm more partial to ludicrous myself, since Trump is going to take PA and win this election.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Ok, I forget, just how are ecigs to be taxed? Any and all components a certain percentage?
Liquid containing nicotine, and any devices that contain liquid that contains nicotine. As for how exactly they will be taxed, from what I can tell, it's up to the Board of Equalization to determine what would be equivalent to $2.87 a pack.

Reactions: oplholik

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
Liquid containing nicotine, and any devices that contain liquid that contains nicotine. As for how exactly they will be taxed, from what I can tell, it's up to the Board of Equalization to determine what would be equivalent to $2.87 a pack.
I read that its only the tax going up , meaning if the tax was $1 now it will be $1.07, not sure if its correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread