Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
So, the juice just flowed out through the afc of my P3 v2 Calix (not the hole with the control, but the air hole.)

Although it was vaping well, I'm guessing it's a wicking issue.
It was just sitting around happy, not having been vaped for hours, I needed to top up the juice, and when I looked at it, I saw that there was some juice on the mod. I topped it up, with the juice control shut down. And, then it just started flowing out.
But, before I tear it down tomorrow, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
My Calix v2 just arrived.
What's the correct "bit" to use to adjust the airflow control?
Give me any atty and I'll invariably throw in a 2.4mm coil (wrapped over a mini screwdriver) with 28AWG kanthal, aiming around 1.2 Ohms and firing between 14-16W. That's how I do my Calixes as well.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
First thing I'd think is ~ to less cotton.
Second, try aligning the indirect method, if you already haven't. Or vice-versa.
My first build on the v2 followed your vid religiously...except i did it the other way around. Difficult to explain exactly how I screwed it up but it worked great, first time! I think I posted a very excited and triumphant report before I realised i had done it backwards lol!I since went back and got it right, the Q-build and also brilliant. My point is, I am a klutz but for some reason I have just not had a problem building the v2 at all, in spite of the fact that I regarded it as a real challenge when i first received it!! So, to @newyork13, you can only be a hairs breadth away from nailing it! And when you do...oooh yeah!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Where do you live in London? I lived there for a year not long ago (in Belsize Park.) Miss it quite a bit: wonderful city.
But back to the Calix, the funny thing is I got the v2 because I wanted a P3 connected Calix. I already had a 510 Nano, and it was running flawlessly. Never a single problem, never a single mishap.
With the v2, it worked beautifully for about 1/3 of the first tank, then the juice just poured out of the airhole.
I got a little confused about Q's reply above, not being sure if he meant I was using too much or too little cotton.
Anyway, a little while ago, I pulled the wick and replaced it. So far so good. I think I may have had too long tails (indirect method).
Would crowding the channel with too long tails cause the problem?
I'd be interested in hearing from folks.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Where do you live in London? I lived there for a year not long ago (in Belsize Park.) Miss it quite a bit: wonderful city.
But back to the Calix, the funny thing is I got the v2 because I wanted a P3 connected Calix. I already had a 510 Nano, and it was running flawlessly. Never a single problem, never a single mishap.
With the v2, it worked beautifully for about 1/3 of the first tank, then the juice just poured out of the airhole.
I got a little confused about Q's reply above, not being sure if he meant I was using too much or too little cotton.
Anyway, a little while ago, I pulled the wick and replaced it. So far so good. I think I may have had too long tails (indirect method).
I'm in Finchley central, not far from Belsize really. Other branch of the Northern Line!!

Must admit I had a few beers yesterday and stubled from the Sofia V2 thread into this one so I was talking about my experiences with the Sofia not the Calix. That is another story lol!!

Rob Stobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Cambridgeshire UK
After months of using nothing but V1's and V2's I have started using a Nano which I purchased secondhand. The Guy selling it failed to mention it was a Nano, but hey ho, a change is always good yes?

I like it well enough, but........
Has anyone else noticed that they have to open the JC far more than one would with the Regular size?
I am using my usual 50/50 juice, same spaced 1.2ohm coil of .30 Kanthal wrapped for an inner diameter of 2.5
But if I don't have this one's JC open at least 2 complete turns, it's Dry Hits galore. I am wicking using the indirect feed method, just as I always do with all my other Calixes. Does the Nano prefer Direct Feed?

Nice little RTA and it looks splendid on most of my Mods, so not a complaint by any means, just intrigued as to what everyone elses experience has been and what works best for them.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
After months of using nothing but V1's and V2's I have started using a Nano which I purchased secondhand. The Guy selling it failed to mention it was a Nano, but hey ho, a change is always good yes?

I like it well enough, but........
Has anyone else noticed that they have to open the JC far more than one would with the Regular size?
I am using my usual 50/50 juice, same spaced 1.2ohm coil of .30 Kanthal wrapped for an inner diameter of 2.5
But if I don't have this one's JC open at least 2 complete turns, it's Dry Hits galore. I am wicking using the indirect feed method, just as I always do with all my other Calixes. Does the Nano prefer Direct Feed?

Nice little RTA and it looks splendid on most of my Mods, so not a complaint by any means, just intrigued as to what everyone elses experience has been and what works best for them.

The liquid is less in the Nano/Pico, so its weight is less, thus it doesn't "push" the liquid so much through the feeding holes. Opening the chamber a little more compensates for that. There is also less empty space in the tank so the vacuum pressure is higher .
But there shouldn't be a big difference.
I hope the way I explained it made sense. :)

AAGF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Scots expat in Florida

I just got up (04:30) so forgive me if this gets woolly :)

Flooding that severely shouldn't be a function of the wicks/wicking - it sounds more like the top cap not being tightened down properly before the JC is opened, or if the top cap is tight, then change the top o-ring (the orange one). Either way, for major fluid loss as you describe, you're losing vacuum ...

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
Guys my Calix v2 will not read a coil. Was working fine and then stopped. It reads .o5 without a coil and .05 with a coil. I have taken it aprat, cleaned it, tried all 4 posts amd nothing. I can not get this thing to work and I have had it for quite awhile and am very familiar with it. I am losing my mind, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Guys my Calix v2 will not read a coil. Was working fine and then stopped. It reads .o5 without a coil and .05 with a coil. I have taken it aprat, cleaned it, tried all 4 posts amd nothing. I can not get this thing to work and I have had it for quite awhile and am very familiar with it. I am losing my mind, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like the insulator between the cup halves has either gotten loose, worn thin, or isn't there...?

That's my first guess.

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
Sounds like the insulator between the cup halves has either gotten loose, worn thin, or isn't there...?

That's my first guess.
Thank you sir. I figured it out last night and this is where the issue was. A piece of kanthal had wedged itslef in there and wreaked havoc. All is well again after an hour of futzing around with it. Had to use my Sophia for a bit. Thank goodness for By Leo!

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
Hi! Today I unfortunately cracked my glass tank. Regular glass tank for Calix v2. I had a spare one, so all is good and I'm vaping as usual. But I love my Calix and don't want to remain with no spare.

Now, I'm checking on byLeo's website and I don't seem to find the glass tank anymore. Has it been discontinued?

Am I correct in assuming that by buying this and this I would be set up correctly with a spare caged tank with the same capacity as the all glass one?

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Hi! Today I unfortunately cracked my glass tank. Regular glass tank for Calix v2. I had a spare one, so all is good and I'm vaping as usual. But I love my Calix and don't want to remain with no spare.

Now, I'm checking on byLeo's website and I don't seem to find the glass tank anymore. Has it been discontinued?

Am I correct in assuming that by buying this and this I would be set up correctly with a spare caged tank with the same capacity as the all glass one?
Hello! If you mean the glass tank the v1 had it has been discontinued. And you are correct, you can use the Cage tube for the Calix v1 and v2. You can also use the Plexiglas sleeve or the Armor sleeve. If you don't find something in stock please send a mail at byleogr@gmail.com and I'll find a replacement for you :)

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
Hello! If you mean the glass tank the v1 had it has been discontinued. And you are correct, you can use the Cage tube for the Calix v1 and v2. You can also use the Plexiglas sleeve or the Armor sleeve. If you don't find something in stock please send a mail at byleogr@gmail.com and I'll find a replacement for you :)
As my luck goes, the glass tube has gone out of stock in these few days... Plexiglass tubes are out of stock as well.

Also, if buying the caged tube, am I right in understanding that I would need to buy the corresponding o-rings as well?
Is the glass tube coming back in the future or is it gone for good?

Also, one question on v3 and v4: do they really offer only 2ml of capacity? With the caged tube on v2 would I keep my 4ml capacity?

Thanks!

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
As my luck goes, the glass tube has gone out of stock in these few days... Plexiglass tubes are out of stock as well.

Also, if buying the caged tube, am I right in understanding that I would need to buy the corresponding o-rings as well?
Is the glass tube coming back in the future or is it gone for good?

Also, one question on v3 and v4: do they really offer only 2ml of capacity? With the caged tube on v2 would I keep my 4ml capacity?

Thanks!
The glass tubes are back in stock. The Cage sleeve comes with it's respective glass tube and o-rings installed. It is ready for use.
If you need anything that is out of stock please send a mail at byleogr@gmail.com and I will find whatever you need :)
Yes, the v3 and v4 are 2ml capacity. The height has been taken off the top of the tank where most of the liquid is hold. They seem close at height because the v3 and v4 have a pop-up top cap which is taller.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
The glass tubes are back in stock. The Cage sleeve comes with it's respective glass tube and o-rings installed. It is ready for use.
If you need anything that is out of stock please send a mail at byleogr@gmail.com and I will find whatever you need :)
Yes, the v3 and v4 are 2ml capacity. The height has been taken off the top of the tank where most of the liquid is hold. They seem close at height because the v3 and v4 have a pop-up top cap which is taller.
Thanks! I've ordered the Cage sleeve plus two extra glass tubes (bringing the total to three, I hope to be good for a while). I forgot to add an extra set of V2 orings, I've sent you a mail about it and extra screws too (I am deeply sorry for not checking first... the other time I was looking I had them in mind and today I forgot).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread