Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Certainly I can taste a distinct and strong menthol in the juice (just not as "in your face" to me as some seem to think it is...which is good). No doubt the juice is a menthol juice. In my opinion a very nice one! Kinda Newport-ish, really.

EDIT: Oh...and I'm of the female persuasion, thanks! Thought my picture would be clear enough for that...but maybe not! HAHA!

Reactions: mattiem

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
If you want more menthol taste fourthrok turn it up
I'm fine with it, thanks! I am using it as an alternative juice to my regular DIY menthol I've been vaping over 3 years. It tastes good to me, and I like to "clear the palate" with it now and then, during the day. Refreshing change and all that.

Reactions: mogium

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Certainly I can taste a distinct and strong menthol in the juice (just not as "in your face" to me as some seem to think it is...which is good). No doubt the juice is a menthol juice. In my opinion a very nice one! Kinda Newport-ish, really.

EDIT: Oh...and I'm of the female persuasion, thanks! Thought my picture would be clear enough for that...but maybe not! HAHA!
hehehehehehe, I saw your avi and was pretty sure but then I have been known to be wrong before :D

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Okay - The HUGE Anticipation of trying what might finally be the one & only "True Menthol Tobacco" I've been searching for the past 4 years to be "My" ADV is possibly over . . . This past Monday night I finally got a delivery of a package from GotVapes that I opened immediately . . . To "My" Delight there was this very pleasant odor of something "Nutty" . . . AND - There it was - a bottle of FLUX . . . So I opened the Bubble wrap to get to the bottle . .. However, it had some - not at all to much - condensation/liquid on it . . . No problem this happens sometimes, especially if the package was on a plane . . . So of course, I took a look to see and make sure if the bottle was open - Thankfully, NO it wasn't . . . But, now I noticed that I could barely see what was written on the bottle in what seemed to be black marker . . . In the big square there were a faint hint of a letter or 2, nothing in the PG/VG Ratio box, and in the Nicotine box there was faint 24 . . . Well, I rubbed the liquid off and opened the bottle to give the "E-Liquid" a try on a brand new 510 "Testing" Drip atty . . . Drop in 10 drops . . . Let it sit for a second then hit the fire button and take a DRAG . . . . Into the Mouth then into the Lungs . . . HUMM - That was surprising, Vapor with a dry taste similar to a very light Marlboro and something else in the background - NO MENTHOL . . . Alright, let's try this again . . . Once again - Take a drag into the Mouth hold a second then into the Lungs . . . Same result and not just once . . . Even refilled the 510 Atty with another 6 drops . . . Still nothing . . . Okay - it's gotta be "Me" - this is supposed to be a IN YOUR FACE MENTHOL . . . I go back to "My" usual stand-by "E-Liquid" Absinthe w/ "Menthol Crystal Liquid" & "Kolada" added . . . Take a drag and there it is Menthol with a very cool exhale that I am used to . . . SO - I waited and kept trying this "E-Liquid" a few times a day to see if it changed at all . . . NOPE - Nothing . . . Then - A couple of friends who also vape were over today and I asked them to give it a try . . . The result was although there was some - they could barely taste any menthol at all . . . They said it seemed that the Menthol was an after thought . . . Well, that proved to "Me" - that it is not "Me", but the "E-Liquid" in the bottle . . . AND - Given what others have posted, this cannot be the New Flux Menthol . . . I don't know what it is - nor what happened, but I think there might have been a mix up and I was sent the wrong bottle of FLUX . . . Oh Well - I'm a little disappointed to say the least . . . I was so hoping that this would be the - ONE ! ! !
pouting-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

EDIT: Adding a tag to @keelalagirl55 & @woody55 to hopefully get response . . . SO - Sad . . . :(

Hey Uncle def does not sound liek it- soem mistake was made. I do those in 11mg, not 24...just get with Max and I will get another bottle sent out for you

Reactions: Uncle

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Whatever the ratio of pg/vg, I have to say it is just right. It gives me all the vapor I would ever need :thumbs:

our blend for that was 65/35, butttt i am not sure if we were oferign you guys to choose your own blend. Cus we do also offer an 85/15 VG blend.

Reactions: mattiem

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
our blend for that was 65/35, butttt i am not sure if we were oferign you guys to choose your own blend. Cus we do also offer an 85/15 VG blend.
It must be 65/35 since I didn't specify the vg blend. This one is the perfect blend for me since I get all the vapor I could ever want from it.

Reactions: dannoman

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I get a tobacco menthol with a creamy/sweet finish myself. It produced excellent vapor and flows well in our tanks.
My wife and I are both former menthol smokers and normally vape lower wattage mint/menthol blends. This would have been an excellent liquid for us when we started vaping, as it really does give that menthol cigarette taste.

This liquid works very well when you crave a smoke. As a Detroit Lions fan, that craving comes up weekly!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Hey Uncle def does not sound liek it- soem mistake was made. I do those in 11mg, not 24...just get with Max and I will get another bottle sent out for you

@dannoman . . . THANK "YOU", especially for following up - I will send "Max"/ @woody55 a "conversation" to get another bottle (Hopefully, I can get one at 24nic ) . . . :thumbs: '

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Received the sample last week so here is some initial comments.

Opened it up and firstly it smells nice. Always the first test for me. If I don't like the smell, I won't vape it.

Tasting setups.

Dripper, ebaron, silica wick. Coil 1.8ohm 8.5w
Initial thoughts, strong almost dark chocolate taste to the tobacco notes, method taste is light but leaves the menthol tingle in the mouth and a nice cool touch to the vape. After 4-5 consecutive vapes the warm sweeter tobacco notes kicked in loosing a bit of the menthol bite. Vapour production is very good for the levels I vape at.

Probably would benefit from a higher voltage.

Cerotank with aspire BVC cotton wick coils. 2.1ohm 8.5W
Not quite sure if this was the eliquid or my setup but a very slight underlying burnt caramel taste to the eliquid. I tried on two coils and had the same taste. This actually put me off in this tank setup and I stopped at that point. The taste was completely different to the dripper mode.

Carto tank with 2.0ohm boge Carto. This was my favourite setup. It seemed to even out the menthol and tobacco notes and allowed the sweetness to add to the flavour. Nice warm sweet tobacco notes on the inhale with the menthol throat hit, taste and mouth tingle. Menthol came into its own in this setup. Vapour production was very good and the taste lingered. Hubby remarked on the sweet tobacco smell from the vapour (not unpleasant) so not for stealth vaping.

I have some kanger coils and clearo's that I will try next week for you.

I do not normally vape tobacco flavours but I found this eliquid mellow enough for me to vape. That being said if you were a tobacco flavour vaper you might find this and nice mild relaxing change. I liked it.

I will give you some more feedback next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread