Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
http://thevapingmilitia.org/local-alert-cook-county-illinois-apply-restriction-of-clean/

Includes electronic cigarettes defined as: any electronically actuated device which in operation causes the user to exhale any smoke, vapor, or other substance other than those produced by unenhanced human exhalation. “Electronic Cigarette” includes any device, whether manufactured, distributed, marketed, or sold as an electronic cigarette, an electronic cigar, an electronic cigarillo, an electronic pipe, an electronic hookah, or under any other product name or descriptor. The term “electronic cigarette” does not include any asthma inhaler or other device that has been specifically approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration

Cook County Building, Board Room, 118 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois

05/21/2014 – Introduction at 11:00am CDT

Contact: County Clerk (312) 603-5656; Cook County Board of Commissioners (312) 603-6398

Reactions: johnm1971

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
.... Durbins' response to my email:
June 20, 2014
Thank you for contacting me about the marketing of electronic cigarettes to minors. I appreciate hearing from you and share your concern about this serious matter.
In April 2014, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) outlined its proposal to regulate electronic cigarettes as tobacco products. Consistent with current tobacco regulation, electronic cigarette manufacturers would be required to register product and ingredient listings and only assert marketing claims of reduced risk if they are scientifically confirmed by the FDA. Additionally, minimum age and identification restrictions would be placed on the sale of these products.
Unlike traditional tobacco products, electronic cigarettes are not subject to marketing restriction. Some electronic cigarettes are flavored like candy and fruit, such as bubblegum and strawberry, and are readily available in shopping malls and online. Advertising these products as candy risks addicting children to smoking, which could be a pathway to cigarettes and other tobacco products.
I was disappointed in the decision of the FDA not to outline comprehensive marketing bans on electronic cigarettes. For more than four decades a federal ban on radio and television cigarette advertisements has contributed to deglamorizing tobacco. With electronic cigarette usage by teenagers on the rise, now is not the time to compromise on restrictions that protect our youth from deceptive marketing tactics.
I am a cosponsor of the Protecting Children from Electronic Cigarette Advertising Act of 2014 (S. 2047). This legislation, introduced by Senator Barbara Boxer of California, would prohibit advertisement or commercial promotion with intent to encourage electronic cigarette use in persons under the age of 18.
Thanks again for contacting me. Please feel free to keep in touch.
Sincerely,
Richard J. Durbin
United States Senator
I asked my neighbor kids (20 year olds) why they were vaping. They replied "It's cheaper than cigarettes". What flavor did they use? "Tobacco, mint and blueberry". So who said kids are vaping and they never smoked cigarettes? The CDC and others. These kids all smoked combustibles prior to their vaping. When are they going to realize that these kids SMOKED before they vaped. ARGH

http://thevapingmilitia.org/local-alert-cook-county-illinois-apply-restriction-of-clean/

Includes electronic cigarettes defined as: any electronically actuated device which in operation causes the user to exhale any smoke, vapor, or other substance other than those produced by unenhanced human exhalation. “Electronic Cigarette” includes any device, whether manufactured, distributed, marketed, or sold as an electronic cigarette, an electronic cigar, an electronic cigarillo, an electronic pipe, an electronic hookah, or under any other product name or descriptor. The term “electronic cigarette” does not include any asthma inhaler or other device that has been specifically approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration

Cook County Building, Board Room, 118 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois

05/21/2014 – Introduction at 11:00am CDT

Contact: County Clerk (312) 603-5656; Cook County Board of Commissioners (312) 603-6398

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread