CALL TO ACTION - HR 2058!! Protect U.S. Vaping Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooRooBears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
California
"Support H.R. 2058 which would change the grandfather date for newly deemed tobacco products"
Help us fight off the federal's mandate that would place ECIGS in the same marketing category as tobacco.
Please fill out the link and add a paragraph (few sentences) of your own personal story to help the ecig community maintain our rights.

CASA HR 2058 Pre-Filled Form (or copy/paste link below)
Send a Message

I received this notification from MountBakerVapor.com and glad I did. I have attached the pre-filled form with my personal touch in bold. Please take the time to help us and CASA. If you're an avid ecig user, you're going to want to do things like this and sign up for CASA please. Thank you for your time my beloved ecig community!

"I am writing to express strong support for the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015 (H.R. 2058) and urge you to co-sponsor this bill which would amend the Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act to change the grandfather date for newly deemed tobacco products to the date when the deeming regulation is finalized. If left unchanged, the February 2007 grandfather date would have the effect of removing 99.9% of vapor products (otherwise known as e-cigarettes) currently on the market as soon as the restriction took effect. This would be (i) devastating to small- and medium-sized independent vapor businesses, and (ii) would ban the products that millions of consumers like me use to remain smoke-free.

Only a handful of early generation (not very effective) vapor products were on the market in 2007. The advances made in the industry since that time have produced safer and more effective products and no one currently sells such primitive products. H.R. 2058 makes a reasonable accommodation for newly deemed products to be grandfathered based on the date they are brought under FDA’s jurisdiction. Such a simple clarification of FDA’s authority will allow millions of consumers continued access to a less harmful alternative to combustible tobacco and ensure that thousands of small businesses across the country will be able to continue to contribute to the economy.

As a consumer of vapor products, it is vitally important to me that the variety of quality products currently on the market are allowed to remain on the market. Millions of Americans like me have experienced remarkable and important health benefits by switching to these low-risk, smoke-free products. It should be a public health priority that millions more have access to the same experience.

I have been vaping since 2007. Being a knowledge seeker in the field of medicine, I have thoroughly researched about ecigarettes and eliquid in search for side effects, health risks, and pathophysiological interactions. Needless to say, the benefits severely outweigh the risks versus smoking cigarettes. Perhaps long term studies may show side effects, but as to date, it has been years since my last cigarette and succumbing to upper respiratory viruses, bronchitis, asthma flare ups and other illnesses linked to cigarette smoking. Vaping has not only saved my life but has also given me the confidence to socialize with others who abhor second hand cigarette smoke. I understand the need for ecigarettes to not be sold to minors and have similar restrictions of vaping locations to avoid public scrutiny. But to have ecigarettes/eliquid categorized as the same as tobacco in the market is absolutely ridiculous and an uneducated decision. Please look into ecigarettes yourself and you will see the dramatic differences versus tobacco products. Different products belong in different marketing categories. Ecigarettes has not only saved thousands of lives, it has also saved my life, my lifestyle, and everyone around me.

I look forward to your response on this issue. I, along with my fellow members of CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association), thank you for considering my comments and urge you to support H.R. 2058."

Reactions: nicnik

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
"Support H.R. 2058 which would change the grandfather date for newly deemed tobacco products"
Help us fight off the federal's mandate that would place ECIGS in the same marketing category as tobacco.
Please fill out the link and add a paragraph (few sentences) of your own personal story to help the ecig community maintain our rights.

CASA HR 2058 Pre-Filled Form (or copy/paste link below)
Send a Message

I received this notification from MountBakerVapor.com and glad I did. I have attached the pre-filled form with my personal touch in bold. Please take the time to help us and CASA. If you're an avid ecig user, you're going to want to do things like this and sign up for CASA please. Thank you for your time my beloved ecig community!

"I am writing to express strong support for the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015 (H.R. 2058) and urge you to co-sponsor this bill which would amend the Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act to change the grandfather date for newly deemed tobacco products to the date when the deeming regulation is finalized. If left unchanged, the February 2007 grandfather date would have the effect of removing 99.9% of vapor products (otherwise known as e-cigarettes) currently on the market as soon as the restriction took effect. This would be (i) devastating to small- and medium-sized independent vapor businesses, and (ii) would ban the products that millions of consumers like me use to remain smoke-free.

Only a handful of early generation (not very effective) vapor products were on the market in 2007. The advances made in the industry since that time have produced safer and more effective products and no one currently sells such primitive products. H.R. 2058 makes a reasonable accommodation for newly deemed products to be grandfathered based on the date they are brought under FDA’s jurisdiction. Such a simple clarification of FDA’s authority will allow millions of consumers continued access to a less harmful alternative to combustible tobacco and ensure that thousands of small businesses across the country will be able to continue to contribute to the economy.

As a consumer of vapor products, it is vitally important to me that the variety of quality products currently on the market are allowed to remain on the market. Millions of Americans like me have experienced remarkable and important health benefits by switching to these low-risk, smoke-free products. It should be a public health priority that millions more have access to the same experience.

I have been vaping since 2007. Being a knowledge seeker in the field of medicine, I have thoroughly researched about ecigarettes and eliquid in search for side effects, health risks, and pathophysiological interactions. Needless to say, the benefits severely outweigh the risks versus smoking cigarettes. Perhaps long term studies may show side effects, but as to date, it has been years since my last cigarette and succumbing to upper respiratory viruses, bronchitis, asthma flare ups and other illnesses linked to cigarette smoking. Vaping has not only saved my life but has also given me the confidence to socialize with others who abhor second hand cigarette smoke. I understand the need for ecigarettes to not be sold to minors and have similar restrictions of vaping locations to avoid public scrutiny. But to have ecigarettes/eliquid categorized as the same as tobacco in the market is absolutely ridiculous and an uneducated decision. Please look into ecigarettes yourself and you will see the dramatic differences versus tobacco products. Different products belong in different marketing categories. Ecigarettes has not only saved thousands of lives, it has also saved my life, my lifestyle, and everyone around me.

I look forward to your response on this issue. I, along with my fellow members of CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association), thank you for considering my comments and urge you to support H.R. 2058."
This is something we all can do. I called Mr. Cole who is Representative from Oklahoma thanking him for sponsoring this bill. Boehner,McCarthy, and another Rep have sent a letter requesting HHS do just what Mr. Cole has proposed in his bill. If we cannot show support for those who are helping us,then perhaps we deserve what we get. Thank you,Roo Roo,for trying to encourage support for this bill. We should all contact our Reps to ask for their support if this bill comes to the House floor.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
If every member of ECF contacted their US Rep urging opposition to the deeming regulation because it would ban >99.9% of nicotine vapor products, and urged them to cosponsor Cole's bill, we'd have enough votes to pass HR 2058 in the House this year.

Unfortunately, I suspect <1% of ECF members have contacted their member of Congress (or any other public official) about FDA's e-cig ban or other anti vaping legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread