Calling all SnowWolf200w and Sigelei150 users, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
You won't regret it. It's a great mod. I am so happy with mine. It's definitely not your standard glass, I've dropped the magnetic battery door several times onto tile with no issues, the metal sustained small scratches though as expected. It's a very well constructed mod, I don't know if you saw but I took mine apart to see inside and posted photos. It's clean, but furthered the chip mystery even more... The temp control functions great though. It keeps a nice cool vape that I tend to enjoy at about 440-450F. However, in order to utilize that 70W you need to turn the temp way up otherwise it won't really break 50W in TC mode.

Somehow I missed that comment earlier.

The one place where the 70W in temperature control comes in really handy is with temperature control builds with really thick wire. It's still going to reduce the wattage below 50W, but when you first press the fire button it will fire the coil at 70W, heating the coil up to your set temperature much faster. You won't get that lag before it starts producing vapor, it will be a virtual instant-on.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Somehow I missed that comment earlier.

The one place where the 70W in temperature control comes in really handy is with temperature control builds with really thick wire. It's still going to reduce the wattage below 50W, but when you first press the fire button it will fire the coil at 70W, heating the coil up to your set temperature much faster. You won't get that lag before it starts producing vapor, it will be a virtual instant-on.

Yeah I noticed that the first second after you turn the TC on it hits really hard then mellows out. Thought that might be what the higher wattage was for.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Yeah I noticed that the first second after you turn the TC on it hits really hard then mellows out. Thought that might be what the higher wattage was for.

this is what some users are complaining about. It doesnt automatically detect the change and tries to fire it in another mode, then after firing it for a few seconds it notices the rda and settings and switches, at least thats from what I understood from a review video. Like just now I was vaping my kanthal build on it at 80 watts. When I put a new build on the RDA it still seemed like it was firing at 80 watts for 1-2 seconds then the new settings kicked in. I can see this kind of sucking if you run a different variety of gauges and resistance builds - might end up burning the crap out of a coil if you switch from a super subohm build to a 1.0+ resistance coil.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
this is what some users are complaining about. It doesnt automatically detect the change and tries to fire it in another mode, then after firing it for a few seconds it notices the rda and settings and switches, at least thats from what I understood from a review video. Like just now I was vaping my kanthal build on it at 80 watts. When I put a new build on the RDA it still seemed like it was firing at 80 watts for 1-2 seconds then the new settings kicked in. I can see this kind of sucking if you run a different variety of gauges and resistance builds - might end up burning the crap out of a coil if you switch from a super subohm build to a 1.0+ resistance coil.
Sounds like what the evic-VT does when it sends a 30 watt pulse whenever you change attys, wake it up from sleep mode or turn it on for the first time.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas

I will admit that I've run in to this with my Subtank. Hasn't happened with my Starre or Nautilus, but there has been two times with my Subtank where after letting it go into sleep mode for a little while it will initially try to fire in TC mode rather than wattage when I've got a kanthal coil in it. When it does that it initially burst fires over the wattage setting. It's not enough to burn the wick or kill the coil, but it's noticeable. It switches back to wattage mode after about 1 second of draw time.

The fact that it's only happened to my Subtank makes me believe it's something about the Subtank causing the problem rather than a failure of the mod itself. It's also the only tank I've had that's shown any significant resistance change in the past 2 days so that may have something to do with it. The .5ohm coil that I installed now reads .62ohms after only 3 days of use. It may be detecting a .01 or higher resistance change between when it was fired before going into sleep mode and what it detects after sleeping and assuming it's a temperature control coil.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
well I just went to a local B&M and picked up an arctic tank with some 0.2 btdc's. Vapes perfect at 75w. Getting this snowwolf200w actually made me go out and pick up a tank because of how quick it was burning through the juice in my RDA' at higher power LoL, I went on a few errands before that and I hated not being able to vape during the entire boring drive without stopping somewhere to drip.

Reactions: Cullin Kin

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
well I just went to a local B&M and picked up an arctic tank with some 0.2 btdc's. Vapes perfect at 75w. Getting this snowwolf200w actually made me go out and pick up a tank because of how quick it was burning through the juice in my RDA' at higher power LoL, I went on a few errands before that and I hated not being able to vape during the entire boring drive without stopping somewhere to drip.

Yep, next you will want the 5ML glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread