Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I had that frequently when the insulator apparently leaked and got juice between the copper plate and the delrin cover. Turned it all black. I cleaned it and then took some really fine scotchbrite and cleaned the black off with that. I've even sanded it lightly with 400 grit paper, then dioxit gold to the button and copper plate where the button makes contact. I've replace the insulator and I'm going to do a teardown in the next day or so and see if that took care of the problem.

Reactions: AU717

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Could someone please explain in detail how to properly replace the insulator. I've done it a few times and still end up with liquid covering the copper plate. Also, when I have replaced them they don't show any signs of damage so I'm wondering if this is in fact the source of the leak or if it's coming from somewhere else.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
What color is your insulator? I had a clear blue hose & an orange one. The orange one kept leaking, I think it was too soft & when I would tighten the 510 pin down the hose would compress causing a leak. The clear blue hose was the trick, it has some more rigidity & doesn't collapse under the pin. If not make sure there isn't a crack in your 510 pin?

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Yeah, I'm using the blue hose as well. No cracks in the pin that I can see. How long are you cutting the insulator? I've found the b easiest way to install is simply drop the insulator into the 510 then screw in the pin. Previously I had been trying to force the pin into the insulator, then screwing that in the 510. Always seemed to cause the sleeve to creep up too far onto the top of the pin that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread