Status
Not open for further replies.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
i don't know if any analog cigs still come in the small tin packs, as this one is YEARS old, and the only one i held on to. now wish i had more...i need to check the smoke shops, i'm sure they're available.

note, this is NOT a metal cigarette holder, this is an actual tin box that a full 20 pack of cigs came in.

for the insert, i used 1/2 inch foam, and being metal and that i cut the "holes" all the way through the foam, i placed a small 2mm piece of crafting foam under the 1/2" foam, and a 2mm piece of crafting foam (the white piece) to cover the top as well to keep the batteries from touching any metal.

its not pretty by any means, and cutting small incisions like that with an exacto was really...tedious. i tried to not cut all the way through, but without being able to gauge the depth of the cuts, some things were fitting snug and some not.

i cut 7 slits on the right side, all the size of Pilot carts, and also the atomizer is the same size as a cart with the topper lid, so i can put one atomizer and 6 carts in it. also, there's only one cutout for one battery, the empty space is because i was charging the longer battery, that's the next cut now that it is charged :)

note, this is my "bar" case. you can fit 2 batteries in it, and with 7 slots you can take 2 atomizers and 5 carts (about a full 20 cigs worth as they say) or 1 atom and 6 carts, whatever. i don't have a spot for juice because that would be a hassle for my nights. of course, suggestions are appreciated. i don't think i'm going to glue this foam in, as i know my EVO will be here soon (hopefully??) and i know the batts are the same, wasn't sure on the carts/atoms for EVO? i know both are m401 i wasn't sure if they were the exact same dimensions. if so, then great, i'm set. if not, i can cut another piece of foam with adjustments for it, then i could just swap out the foam inserts for the different kits. i do plan on trying other models, but with the low battery usage of the bigger ones i probably won't be taking them out to bars. all depends on how this sensitive m401 switch treats me in public :)

so anyway, not pretty...but "function over form" for this one.

now i need to work on my small USB Jumpdrive case to turn into my bigger travel kit.

and in the pics, that's a standard size Camel box next to the metal tin. the tin was not for 100's or larger, just plain shorts.

(and yes, it's not my brand...i've smoked Camel Turkish Royals exclusively for years now)

Attachments

• 0221090004.jpg
    0221090004.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 0221090005.jpg
    0221090005.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 0221090006.jpg
    0221090006.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 0221090007.jpg
    0221090007.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 155

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
I liked the Camel Turkish Gold and Turkish Royal, although I was mostly a menthol person. I haven't seen any cigs that come in tin packs, but many cigarillos do, although these are obviously larger, about 5"x5"

I have a tin coffin for cigarettes that I used for my e-cig but it was a case purchased on ebay, not the actual packaging.

I bet if you contacted Camel they might be able to get you some.

Last edited:

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
melissa...shutup! i want them all! don't tell anyone! ;)

i did put a few bids on some. there's a lot of flea markets around here too, i may check them out tomorrow for some old vintage tins, i'm sure i can find something nice and rustic.

or rusty. with tetanus.

Yeah, I just came in here to tell you that there were a bunch on ebay as well.

I don't know if you maybe missed this auction, but this one includes a vintage camel tin: 4 Vintage Tobacco Cigarette Tins OLD GOLD, CAMEL + more - eBay (item 220362307630 end time Feb-22-09 05:53:44 PST)
And this one is for only the vintage camel tin: http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-CAMEL-C...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
That is an excellent idea!
You might want to go to Wall-mart and get a few sheets of "Foamies" from the craft section. It is closed cell high density foam that is 2mm thick. It cuts clean and you can glue it together and stack it. So it can be as thick or as thin as you want. It is also available in many colors and looks really clean and professional when you are done. I am still on the search for an antique cigarette case that can hold a fully assembled device. It is hard to find a nice old 120mm case that can hold cigs that are up to 10mm thick. To give you an idea a Dura is 9.2mm and an average analog is 7.62. That case is truly hard to find.

MMMMMMM.. Izmir Stingers. If those came out again I would have to try one. They are my only weakness. Hahaha
Humm... That sounds like it would be a great E-fluid flavor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread