1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Can E-cigs make you sick?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Numfluff, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Numfluff

Numfluff Full Member

Hello everyone, I've been vaping for about four months 7 months in total, but the last four months i got my new electronic ciagrette the Tornado, I've been very ill three times within these four months, the exact same fever aswell.. starts with a sore throat then turns into a full blown flu which last around 1 week. I was wondering has anyone else experienced this before? it could be something else besides then electronic cigarette but just want to see if this has happend to anyone else.

Thanks.

2. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I have never seen that in myself of my 8 vaping friends.

After you got the first flu, you did get real particular about sterlizing your equipment?

I always sterilize my carts often and the exterior about once a week.

3. Distorted.Clarity

Distorted.Clarity Moved On ECF Veteran

I am sick after quitting smoking

after the question go down 3 posts and lucyb explains some of this.
    i'll quote it here though..

to my understanding the nose cavities are a host to germs. smoking gives you a ton of tar coating the lining. my guess is that now that the tar isn't making a sort of glue strip to trap them your body is getting more germs.
    i'm no dr. but i have heard of people swabbing the insides of there cavities with qtips and rubbin alkie while people are getting sick around them and staying healthy.

really though with out knowing when and how you became sick by asking the germs it could have been anything.
    from people around you, the juice supplier was sick, or some other contact.

4. audio

audio Super Member ECF Veteran

There's a thread in the ECF Library titled "Understanding your symptoms . . ." What you're describing isn't listed among any of the expected symptoms, and may not be caused by vaping.

You might try cleaning your cart and atty with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. I clean my attys every few days with isopropyl alcohol and haven't had a problem. You might just be reinfecting yourself with something.

Where did you get your juice from? Perhaps you should change suppliers. I've avoided juices from China, but even US makers may have quality assurance issues. Try changing carts, attys and juice.

Consider seeing a doctor.

Good luck, Num, and get better soon!

5. CaptJay

CaptJay Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I've actually had LESS illness since I started vaping - a cold I did have lasted 3 days instead of the usual 2 weeks and I didn't get my often-aquired sinus infection (thank GOD). COlds also used to go straight to my chest, but this one didn't - and tbh usually by April Id have been sick a few times (with colds the kids bring home from school with distressing regularity) instead of once.
    The only downside for me has been an increase of hayfever - and I attributed that to a healthier nose picking up more pollen (reading Distorted's post it looks like I wasn't far off lol)
    I do try and remember to sterilise my carts (I use an alcohol bath followed by hot soap n water and rinse) as often as possible; Im sure lots of germs cling to them if we aren't careful but as PG is something of a germicide I haven't been too fussy over it lol.

6. UntamedRose

UntamedRose PV Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yes it could be something else, it could just be the flu virus :)

I think with this new unproven thing, lot of folks are quick to blame it for every little thing. It's unknown so it's kinda understandable. If you go to the health section of this forum there is a lot of resources and folks talking about health effects.

But to answer your question no, only negative side effect I've had is getting dehydrated quicker then before.

7. zelda

zelda Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Numfluff what type of ejuice are you using? You may have an allergy to either pg or vg. Check what type of ejuice you're using and then switch to see if that's the problem. When I first started vaping I tried all vg and didn't feel all that great. I had no problem with all pg but some people do. This may be a long shot and you may have a recurring virus but it's worth a try.

8. sugismimi

sugismimi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

were never that extreme, but i would and sometimes still do get the chills and the squirts:oops:, even to this day i havent coughed up stuff from my chest, but lots of people were always asking me why I bother to smoke if i don't do it that much?. I thot I smoked too much, but 1 a day is too much, huh?
    anyway, just this am I took all my carts and atty's and decided it was time for a bath. I have white whistle tips and really looking at it, I saw some pretty gross stuff. OMG, can you imagine what you can't see on the black tips:confused:. I wondered if my clogged ears had anything to do with the germs on there, but I doubt it..
    Anyway, DO NOT give up your quest, just think kill the germs and keep your equipment clean.

9. Numfluff

Numfluff Full Member

I've been using the totally wicked E-juice mixed with decadent vapours, the flavoured Totally wicked E-juice and nothing more. Well from the feedback I'm pretty confident it isint the electronic cigarette, Just a very poor immune system :p to the doctor then lol

10. Conboy

Conboy New Member

YEA NUMFLUFF IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.WAS HAVING A PARTY AND WAS CHAIN VAPING,i was using old tanks that i did not clean.The next day my lungs hurt and now i feel like im getting a cold,i must have got a bug in my lungs or something..I dont know if this is why,but im gonna stop vaping for a few days,take some meds,and clean everything with alcohol! I hope this is why i am sick???

11. PoliticallyIncorrect

PoliticallyIncorrect Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  12. redheadone

redheadone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

A little over two months into vaping I woke up feeling really bad I just put it off to maybe having a bug. A couple of days later my legs and hands hurt so bad I could hardly move. I put a thread on this forum asking what could possibly be happening and a lot of folks thought I wasn't drinking enough water. I started drinking a lot more H2O and behold my symptoms are slowly subsiding. It seems that the pg and vg will dehydrate you quickly so if you aren't drinking a lot of water start and seem if some of your symptoms get better

13. Wrainn

Wrainn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Funny you should ask this questions. I have been vaping for 13 days now and up until yesterday all I was experiencing were bad headaches which I think are just withdrawals from analogs. I have tried different mg of nico but nothing has stopped the headaches. Last night, out of now where, I just threw up and this morning my throat is hurting pretty bad. I don't feel sick at all but do have these symptoms. Dunno, could be a combination of things I suppose.

14. b4cz28

b4cz28 Senior Member ECF Veteran

It can be scary....people have to understand we been killing, punching and just generally f---ing up our bodys for years smoking analogs. A freaking pv is more than likely not the cause of many of your problems. I was quick to blame PG for my sore throat...but it turns out it was just all the pollen in the air. Just sit back and think of the 1,000's of things in analogs and then think about the two or three things in your pv.

1. Drink water like every vet on this forum tell you to.

2. Try VG first...%100 VG.

3. Lots of water.

15. HippyJeepChick

HippyJeepChick Senior Member ECF Veteran

I just got back from the doctor because I have had a really bad sore throat, headaches, stuffy nose, runny nose and feeling flush. Turns out I just have a viral infection. Doctor said she has been seeing alot of people coming in for viral infections lately. My lungs were clear but lots of drainage in back of my throat. I asked her if my e-cig could have contributed to this and she said no. I had it in my purse so I took it out and showed her it and demonstrated how it worked. She was very interested in it and asked alot of questions. The good news was that my e-cig was not the cause of my sickness! The bad news is; it is going to be a couple days before the antibiotics really start working and I feel better.

16. Spiritbro77

Spiritbro77 Full Member

I had wondered about illness being passed on by carts.... does the atomizer heat the e-liquid hot enough to sterilize the vapor output to us? If one of the factories employees were to sneeze or cough while filling a cart.......

Not that I'm TOO concerned about it. Didn't stop me from ordering or anything, but I am interested in the possibilities.....

17. Spiritbro77

Spiritbro77 Full Member

People react differently when suffering withdrawal symptoms from cigarettes. I quit four years ago cold turkey and had the headaches and cravings. had VIVID dreams for the first time in years(mostly about cigarettes) but never threw up or had flu like symptoms. Hope you guys start feeling better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.