Can I enjoy my XHale 02 or do I need to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
Yeah - eliquid - buy plenty at first and make sure you have a decent amount of easy flavors (tobaccos and fruits and caramels are usually good). Then you can experiment with finding trickier flavors you like (vanillas, desserts, etc). And don't forget the cartomizers, as well as a 510 drip tip for testing juices. You may be as frustrated with Riva atty + cart as with what you have. Carts are cranky. Once you find a fairly thin juice you like, try the Boge cartomizers. It was such a relief to be able to pick up my ecig in the morning and have it just work. With my old M402 (like your Xhale-02), one morning I spent 25 minutes trying to get it to give me one good drag. Cartomizers just work better than atomizer + cart.

For my first E Liquid, I bought two tabacco flavors and one tabacco/blueberry. I am still a cigarette smoker so it was obvious to me to not buy crazy flavors.

Everything else has to wait. I was hoping my XHale 02 would last me at least a month, I mean it's hitting again and works but I obviously just ordered a new PV. I can't justify the whole "money I am saving" thing because right now, I am spending way more. I read another post and somebody said it best. I can't just spend money on the fact I am saving money, I can't really afford to smoke as is.

Next paycheck, I plan on trying out some cartomizers. I could have afforded a drip tip or two but didn't think about it.

I will say, it is so much easier to research one you just suck it up and make your decision on your actual PV model. I knew I would likely end up with a 510 style, and the Riva seemed like the one for me. I did want something smaller, I planned for something to take out, and something for home but I still can use what I have on the go, if I still can deal with it. But once you make up your mind, all the upgrades and differences all make a lot more sense. I have a lot of hobbies so I know sometimes you make a bad choice but I am glad I just sucked it up and bought something, rather than trying to find the best without enough experience to know.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You're doing fine. You really can't know what you want until you have tried one or more.

After a few weeks, if you get too annoyed with the little one on the go, consider a Joye 510 manual or Joye 510 mega xl manual with its own charging cable (can't use Riva fast charge cable - will damage the slim batteries, and can't use the Riva's 2.2 ohm atomizers - stick to 2.5 ohms or higher on the slim 510) and a pack of 3 ohm Boge cartomizers. I use both 510 manuals and Riva 510 - the Liberty Flights Riva will vape those cartos hotter since it is 3.7v but they are fine on the slim 510 manual for at work. I have a charger at work and a PCC for on the go. I could use the hotter 2 ohm cartos on the Riva but I prefer being able to move my cartos between the models and not worry about which are LR.

Last edited:

keydcuk

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
United Kingdom
I'm afraid it is just what you said, a cheap ecig and you won't get any more improvement out of it. Sorry. There are a lot of better slim ecigs out there but you will probably have to go online. Most of us do and it's not that big of a deal. You just buy extras of what you need so you don't run out. And plan ahead so you don't run out. You would do better with a Joye 510 which is about the same size as what you have. Other people will come along and recommend something else so you will have plenty to choose from.

I have to agree... 510 models are nice. I got mine from Eastmall.net in China.. only slightly bigger than a normal cigarette size.. Saying this I still like the drag of my cartridges and RN4081... I also fill these with my e-liquids and enjoy both... depending what mood I am in, I switch. I also prefer to smoke the cigarette looking ecig RN4081 in smoke shelters at work or more public places.. etc.. etc...

keydcuk

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
United Kingdom
For my first E Liquid, I bought two tabacco flavors and one tabacco/blueberry. I am still a cigarette smoker so it was obvious to me to not buy crazy flavors.

Everything else has to wait. I was hoping my XHale 02 would last me at least a month, I mean it's hitting again and works but I obviously just ordered a new PV. I can't justify the whole "money I am saving" thing because right now, I am spending way more. I read another post and somebody said it best. I can't just spend money on the fact I am saving money, I can't really afford to smoke as is.

Next paycheck, I plan on trying out some cartomizers. I could have afforded a drip tip or two but didn't think about it.

I will say, it is so much easier to research one you just suck it up and make your decision on your actual PV model. I knew I would likely end up with a 510 style, and the Riva seemed like the one for me. I did want something smaller, I planned for something to take out, and something for home but I still can use what I have on the go, if I still can deal with it. But once you make up your mind, all the upgrades and differences all make a lot more sense. I have a lot of hobbies so I know sometimes you make a bad choice but I am glad I just sucked it up and bought something, rather than trying to find the best without enough experience to know.

I got 3 tobacco flavours: virginia, 555 and camel... exotic: coffee, caramel & rum.. I really seem to be liking exotic better at the moment as I could see any of the last three as all day vapes... at start I thought I wouldn't as I felt I needed a tobacco flavour... not the case!!

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
Well you made an awesome choice with a Riva 510. It's a very versatile little e-cig. I say little because it really isn't much bigger than a slim. It's smaller than a dime in diameter and shorter than a sharpie marker. You won't have any problem fitting a couple in your jeans pocket. Yet even if you vape it constantly it will last you 5-6 hours before needing a recharge.

You can also use low resistance atomizers and cartomizers on them. I would recommend Boge 2.0 cartomizers or a LR 306 atomizer with drip tip. Between the two I prefer the LR306 personally, but cartos are great if you don't feel like dripping.

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
Thanks everyone for the positive encouragement on my decision. Honestly, it wasn't well thought out, I just saw good reviews, a 510 style seemed to be what I need, and the Riva 510 got good reviews and was really affordable. I hope I like it.

I have to say I was really ...... off last night about my XHale o2 atty failing. Then, some how I can't find one of my batteries. The atty that failed is less than a week old. The atty is definitely the weak link in this as well. Having only one, mine needed to be cleaned again since last night. I am a mechanical person and this thing isn't inconsistent to the point I thought. It is poorly designed. For me, I can take that as a lesson as it taught me how these things work. I feel bad for the average person who would just give up on this.

With the XHale o2, I first thought the battery was the problem as it would hit much harder after a charge, at first. It was just that the atty got fluid on it. Then as time when on, I thought it was the carts because after a charge, it wouldn't hit right but putting a new one on may or may not help. It is really just the atty, it works great after cleaning every time.

I think you could enjoy this if you knew the issues and didn't mind cleaning it all the time. That is not good for a 2 pack a day smoker trying to transition. Another reason I decided to not go with a really slim design, they are not what I need, even if I like the idea better.

I hope my Riva 510 is like a good tool, you may have to clean it but it is reliable. Then I my recommend my GF a Joye 510 and have the ability to test things and let her know what to buy. She didn't last more than a day with an e cig (XHale 02 as well) because of issues. Hopefully I love mine and she does too and gets into it. In the mean time, I will clean her atty consistently and give her my XHale o2 as well. She actually wants to quit smoking, I just wanted to give it a shot and it's helping me a bunch to cut down without even making much of an effort.

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
Well you're getting the hang of it already. They do require some maintenance. But depending on the atty/carto you are using, it won't be as often as it sounds like you are doing right now. The biggest maintenance will just be having a napkin handy to clean out the threads and any leakage you may have. 306's leak pretty bad but are a great vape, 510 atty's are better at leaking less and carto's are great with virtually no leakage until you refill them.

Other than that, cleaning out your atty's is up to you. 510's require more maintenance and cleaning and seem to lose their luster after a couple days in my experience. I never clean my 306's. Probably should. But they seem to hold up consistently for 3-4-5 weeks at which point I usually just buy a new one. Still way cheaper than smoking. Carto's range. I've gotten anywhere from dead on arrival to over a month off a single one using a clearer 100%PG juice.

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
My post didn't go through earlier, probably clicked off the page but I actually enjoy vaping more than smoking already. I just haven't stopped smoking, just cut it to 1/4. That is with a premade cart from a 7-11 kit. I imagine it gets much better but even with what I have, I do prefer vaping. It's just not to the point I don't smoke at all.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The Riva battery is more than twice the size of the Joye and I don't care if this makes sense to you I'm sharing my personal experience and what I get from them. :2cool:

We just don't want to give a new person the wrong impression. A 1000 mAh battery will not last 24 hours on a charge for an "average" vaper. If someone only uses it for say 10 minutes every hour, then it might last that long. The battrey either has to be bigger than that or have technology built into it that can make it more efficient, which the Riva does not have. We are glad it is working well for you.

isisrose1968

Sep 9, 2011
San Francisco
The atty that failed is less than a week old. The atty is definitely the weak link in this as well. Having only one, mine needed to be cleaned again since last night. I am a mechanical person and this thing isn't inconsistent to the point I thought. It is poorly designed. For me, I can take that as a lesson as it taught me how these things work. I feel bad for the average person who would just give up on this.

It is rough to have only one atty especially when having to wait for one that has been cleaned to dry. Better to have several on hand than to have just one.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA

PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of cartos to try when you get your 510. I've got a bunch of the CCV dual coils that I don't like that much (I prefer LR ones). I could also throw in a drip tip because I have way more than I need. I'm super busy right now so it may take me a few days to get them sent out. Since you're local, it should only take a day for them to get to you.

It'd be a good idea to pick up a syringe for filling them from CVS/Walgreens too. It's much easier than doing the condom method IMO. Check videos on youtube if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Where are you in the Bay Area?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread