Can I get this from her hitting my vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Unlike what others are saying, you can get herpes from someone who is showing no symptoms, that is most often how the disease is spread... from people without active sores. Herpes can (does) "shed" and people with herpes are contagious during shedding and often don't have any symptoms of the disease during this time.

However, herpes doesn't live outside the body for long, and because of that is transmitted through skin to skin contact and not from things like holding hands or sitting on a toilet.

Because of the above, I would say you most likely did not contract herpes from her, but you should speak with a doctor if your concerned.

Generally speaking, if she has genital herpes (not oral) your fine.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If she has mouth herpes, not genital herpes, most of the population has it. It's what causes coldsores. Most people just deal with the virus fine, and it's no big deal. When I caught it when we moved to the US, I had a terrible time with it, I'd get like 20 coldsores around my mouth and feel like I had the flu. Sunlight seemed to trigger it, so I had to start wearing hats, etc., and I was most thankful for a medicine called acyclovir, I think, it's a drug that quashes viruses, I think they use it for the *other* type of herpes.

I don't call it "herpes simplex" anymore, because my kid in middle school heard some chick talking about her coldsore and my son went, "No, that's actually herpes simplex!"
The girl responded by saying, "I don't have herpes!" and punched my son right in the face.

Somehow, he got in trouble for "inciting" it, I never imagined that I'd be educating school personnel about the difference between coldsores and genital herpes :lol::lol::lol:, I ended up talking them into not punishing him, since it was technically my fault... the kiddo thought he was educating her, and I had to explain to him that even "mouth" herpes is a dirty word, LOL.

But, YOU are probably going to be just fine. Seriously, the majority of the population has it, and if you haven't encountered it already, if you do now, your immune system is most likely to dispatch it with ease, but if you worry in the future (I'd be more worried about that type of hepatitis you can get by sharing foods, as a waitress I was well educated in that one and a lot of folks don't know they have it) and you want to share your mod, carry those small, square alcohol wipes, and wipe your drip tip BEFORE you hand it over, as well as upon its return. Less, ah, insulting? that way? And you will be protecting yourself as well as others, you may have no idea that you *already* carry the herpes simplex virus, for example...

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread