• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Can I join?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exhaler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
Mountains of NC, USA
Spring of 1988 was my last drink. Went to meetings twice a day for several years but have not been back in quite a while. Never slipped once but a cold beer enters my mind every now and then, thankfully only briefly. Since I gave up the hootch, never thought I'd give up the analogs but read an article that changed that so here I am. I would have been dead by now if I hadn't quit drinking, that I am sure of. I was in pretty bad shape and going down. Analogs can still do that to me since I smoked for 53 years, but that's life and can't take that back.
If you quit drinking or drugs, do yourself a favor and never go back. Quitting saved me, my marriage, my job and my life.

VikingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2013
Minnesota
I haven't been to Founders Day, but know a ton of folks that have and enjoyed it. I went to the World convention when it was here in Minneapolis. Sitting in the Metrodome, saying the Serenity prayer with 40-50 thousand folks was pretty powerful.

We have the Gopher State Round-up here every Memorial weekend that is pretty big. I used to go, but opt for camping now. :)

Nice to see all the folks here. Welcome from Minnesober! :laugh: We are also known as the Land of 10,000 Treatment Centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread