Can I microwave my ejuice to speed up steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I would not, but if you want, just make sure it only gets luke warm and not hot. Couple of reasons.....don't want plastic to melt..or glass get hot....and be aware of the temp of the ejuice. I would say 10 seconds or so. Just kinda guessing here because I haven't seen too many broach the subject.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I would not, but if you want, just make sure it only gets luke warm and not hot. Couple of reasons.....don't want plastic to melt..or glass get hot....and be aware of the temp of the ejuice. I would say 10 seconds or so. Just kinda guessing here because I haven't seen too many broach the subject.

Thanks! Yeah, that's why I started a thread on it

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
That was discussed in another thread. I think it was ask the chemist, I'll try to find it soon.
His response was like above, short time to Luke warm should be OK. Longer could damage nic etc from the molecule vibration etc...
I have done it in the past and if memory serves 10 sec on 30 ml may be a Lil much.
The main reason most heat it is to thin the vg to aid in blending. I started warming my VG in hot water before mixing, same effect and it pulls to syringes easier etc since it is thinner.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I have done this before and it heats up very quickly. Higher pg mixes get scalding hot in a very short amount of time. It definitely speeds the flavor change. But to me it affects the flavor negatively.

Put it in the cupboard and forget about it for a month. Opening occasionally to let off a bit of that chemical funk in the mix.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I have done this before and it heats up very quickly. Higher pg mixes get scalding hot in a very short amount of time. It definitely speeds the flavor change. But to me it affects the flavor negatively.

Put it in the cupboard and forget about it for a month. Opening occasionally to let off a bit of that chemical funk in the mix.

Good to know. Thanks!

Reactions: Darth Omerta

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
If so, for how long for 30 ml?
I would say no, because microwaves do not evenly heat you will generate hot spots within the liquid to achieve any effect you would have to be on a low power defrost mode... you would be better off with a warm water bath, much much better off.... I would highly discourage using a microwave to heat/speed steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread