Can I put a custom drip tip on my mini vivi nova?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapioteque

Oct 27, 2012
Colorado
The reason why I ask is because the mini vivi nova has that plastic ring that's meant to form the seal that makes sure juice doesn't splatter into your mouth. Who has replaced their drip tip? Will the plastic ring fit properly? Does it keep the juice away from your tongue like it ought to if you've replaced yours? Are there special sized custom drip tips that you'd need or are drip tips one size fits all? Anything else I should know?

I've never had a custom drip tip before, in case you're wondering about all the newb questions! :) Thanks in advance!

DripDropper

Nov 8, 2012
Seaside OR
I have a vivi nova that i'm using a ce4 tip on. I used the vivi atty sleeve as an o-ring. But any 510 would work :) (im just out)
Snapshot_20121013_21.jpg

Vapioteque

Oct 27, 2012
Colorado
Thanks everyone! You were most helpful. It seems like maybe a little daunting for someone as new as I am to try right now. Once that plastic ring in the nova drip tip came near the top of mine, and before I knew to push it down with a Q-Tip i got my tongue spattered with very hot juice. And also it made a terrible gurgling/flooding noise. That's why I was so concerned about that one little piece of the puzzle! Maybe the other drip tips are designed in a different way as to not even need that ring. I'm not sure.

DripDropper

Nov 8, 2012
Seaside OR
Thanks everyone! You were most helpful. It seems like maybe a little daunting for someone as new as I am to try right now. Once that plastic ring in the nova drip tip came near the top of mine, and before I knew to push it down with a Q-Tip i got my tongue spattered with very hot juice. And also it made a terrible gurgling/flooding noise. That's why I was so concerned about that one little piece of the puzzle! Maybe the other drip tips are designed in a different way as to not even need that ring. I'm not sure.

It's only as complicated as you make it ;). Try having the rubber sleeve hang off the end of the driptip when you put it in. As for the gurgle, try holding your mod by the .... (bottom) and shaking it like a thermometer. VIVI will get the gurgle sometimes :). Wow, I guess that WAS complicated. My drip tip should be arriving by post any minute meow...

Last edited:

Artopsy

Jun 21, 2012
Los Angeles
Actually I have found if you are going to put a custom drip tip on a real mini or vivi nova. you should try the tip before you buy it something about the size of the hole is just a little different. I find that 4 out of ten fit tight. and 1 out of 10 are to tight. It's a bit like goldilocks and the three bears.
I suppose a trip to the hardware store for new rubber O-ring could solve any fit issues

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Using a custom 510 drip tip on my nova, after about 1/2 a tank, I ream the drip tip with kitchen towel and blot out the well. Pop tip back in and Bob's you uncle. Seems to fix the gurgle. ( not a bad idea to roll a point and blot the liquid from the little metal doughnut over the coil, monitor your depth, just blot the doughnut, try not to poke the coil.

Drip tip related. Soft, colored, cheap.

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
Some 510 tips will be a little sloppy in the novas. I've found if you make sure no juice is around the oring you can let it sit and the oring will sort of swell and snug up but will wobble if pressures out on it. I've been using pawn style metal ones on 4 of them since I got them and there fine. Only had juice splatter 1 time and I filled it way to high. I never fill over the wick line anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James C.
JC Paint & Detail Workz
JC Paracord Workz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread