Can I use vanilla extract in ejuice?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Maylar, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Maylar

Maylar Senior Member ECF Veteran

So let's say I have a couple bottles of commercial juice that I don't particularly like. Instead of throwing them out, can I add something like regular cooking flavorings to spice them up a bit? Or dou you really have to use ingredients specifically designed for vaping?

Thanks.

2. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    The flavors we use in vaping were actually designed for cooking, so yes...you can use cooking flavors. However, the vanilla extract we buy at the grocery store is usually not nearly as concentrated at the flavors we buy to use in our juices. Also, it may have quite a bit of alcohol in it....so it may really "water down" your juice. Certainly a little won't hurt anything....and may help make a bad juice better. Read the ingredients and you'll probably see a lot of alcohol. What you don't want to do is use a flavoring that has oil in it. For instance, pepperment oil is NOT to be used.

It's much better to go to a site that sells flavorings, and pick up something that might help several of your juices. For example, if you add Bavarian Cream to any fruity juice, it may help it. E Cig : Best Ejuice | Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes is a place I go to get many of my flavorings.

3. AngelsBreath

AngelsBreath Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I always put a couple of drops in everything I make to 'smooth' it down a bit. It's wonderful. Got that idea from SupplyDaddy and it works great.

4. AngelsBreath

AngelsBreath Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I get my DIY flavors from Vaping Zone as well, best flavors around and you can make them exactly the way you want them, not once taste fits all :D

5. Maylar

Maylar Senior Member ECF Veteran

Thanks. I'm a newb and have been buying stuff based on reviews and whatnot but some of the juices I've bought are downright nasty. Don't wanna trash them if maybe just sweetening them up a bit could make them palletable.

6. FogHawg

FogHawg Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Adding a creme flavoring will take a lot of the wang out of DIY experiments gone bad too. :facepalm:

7. Tepid

Tepid Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Also look for some sweeteners. I use cotton candy from flavor art.
    But there other sweeteners, and that can help. I have not tried things like smoothers yet.
    I also agree with Bavarian cream as a helper

8. RobertNC

RobertNC Senior Member ECF Veteran

I would suggest getting a Vanilla flavor from the vape market instead of using regular cooking extract. A little Ethyl Maltol will also smooth out a flavor and add a little sweetness, as will caramel.

I also like a variety of creams - Bavarian Creme, Sweet Cream, Fresh Cream. But start off cautiously, I've found most Creme flavors become pungent, or hot or peppery, however you want to describe it if you use more than just a little.

9. michaelsil1

michaelsil1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Make your own Vanilla Extract without alcohol.

10. Tepid

I needed to correct this, sorry for the misprint in earlier post.

Flavor Apprentice

11. LarryPer

LarryPer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You might try Natures Flavors (coffee and tea flavors) you can vape this group and its organic and concentrated

12. JimzDogz

JimzDogz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You can remove the alcohol from vanilla extract by gently heating it to about 180deg.

13. JimzDogz

JimzDogz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Be careful of the alcohol vapor it's combustible.

14. michaelsil1

You can do this, but you don't know what else is in there. If you make your own you know exactly what is in the Alcohol free Vanilla Extract it's easy to make.

15. Tepid

How to Make Vanilla Extract

Hope this helps, and I will be doing this. But, 6 months,, what a wait.

Actually I will be doing this,,,

Non-Alcoholic Vanilla Extract Recipe - Food.com - 346443

Just remember, you will need to strain it very well. Like through several coffee filters and several times.
    So I would probably triple or quadruple that recipe.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005CJZVOE

Then save the beans and pat them dry as you can and put in some sugar for vanilla sugar.

16. michaelsil1

It's easier than that, for vaping put two vanilla beans a glass bottle slit the beans down the middle soak completely submerged in Propylene Glycol shake every week and in eight weeks you'll have vanilla extract.

17. Tepid

cool, thanks

18. michaelsil1

This is a picture of (Extracted in Vodka) how Vanilla Extract looks in various stages.

[​IMG]

The second picture is at around one month third picture is the color your looking for at around eight weeks or longer.

19. michaelsil1

This is mine at three weeks (Extracted in Propylene Glycol) right on schedule

Vanilla.jpg

20. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Make small 5ml test batches and the flavors that taste nasty may actually taste much better when added in much smaller quantities. For instance if you use a tobacco flavor at 6% and it's to strong or bitter try reducing it to 2% and let it steep for lets say 2 weeks. It may then taste entirly different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.