Can i vape after a tooth extraction?! HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numbersarenothing

Sep 22, 2017
Tuesday around 3PM i got a tooth pulled. (#5 if that even matters). It is now Friday a little after noon. I usually smoke cigs but recently have been making a switch to vaping. Do you guys think im safe? Ive been really careful and its healing pretty well ALREADY. I really dont want dry socket. I have a asmodus with an aspire tank on it

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Tuesday around 3PM i got a tooth pulled. (#5 if that even matters). It is now Friday a little after noon. I usually smoke cigs but recently have been making a switch to vaping. Do you guys think im safe? Ive been really careful and its healing pretty well ALREADY. I really dont want dry socket. I have a asmodus with an aspire tank on it

I am not a doctor or dentist, but I would have a few concerns. I know they tell you not to suck anything through straws for a while.. I would imagine it's the same from a drip tip. Definately stay hydrated more than usual. And the juice might cause some inflamation. So, I'd say it's risky if you do.

However, I have had a tooth pulled, and I've vaped without incidence.... I can't promise you that you won't though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay, I'm going to give you a solution to this, but you may hate it. I have had 3 oral surgeries that were rather complicated over the past year. No suction was a big must.

I'd use a MTL device for this, but... I vaped through my nose, into my lungs, and then exhaled out of my nose, there was literally NO vape entering my mouth. To be fair, I had a little dryness in my nose and used saline drops but no MAJOR irritation, it was certainly not as satisfying as vaping regularly, but for the week after the surgery, it got 'er done, as it were. DON'T use a stainless steel drip tip, either. Use a resin one. You don't want to burn your nose. I also had a stable setup with no spitting or juice flying anywhere, and my surgeries went well.

Honestly, you might not want to do it in public, and I'm not saying you HAVE to do it that way, but for me it avoided the whole suction issue, and I could still get my nic. More or less.

I did something similar as a smoker, I got the husband to make a device (a drill attachment) that held a cig and shot smoke out of it (something to do with the spinning of the drill) but the point is, I personally found it to be safer avoiding dry sockets.

You could most certainly pack it with something cold and wet to protect the socket, and vape normally, if you wish. I might use an airier device doing that, not a MTL device, as you'll need less suction.

Good luck to you, and I freely admit that not everyone is as nuts as *I*. :)

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
It looks pretty good comapred to yesterday, honestly. I have a feeling ill be alright but im gonna be camping this weekend and with everybody drinking [edited] im really gonna want a nic fix :( my buddy said he smoked and was fine but still. Think i should be good tomorrow?
I had a tooth pulled last winter,i was still a smoker back then but i've found a little tip to aleviate my concerns:
Take like a dressing patch (if you have them in square format it's even better) put it over the tooth hole,and humidify it with water (in other words put water on it) keep it just tight enough so it creates a kind of seal on the hole and vape. I smoked while doing that didn't have any dry sockets whatsoever,but it's a pain in the .... :p

Don't think about doing other stuff though i highly advise not to(unless you can do it without creating a vaccum in your mouth)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Izan

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Also, um, we can't talk about the W word here, but surely that would be worse than vaping?

Anna
It's as bad as smoking,dosen't really matter tbh,wether it's smoking or vaping dentist suggest you don't do either
I did it the way i suggested above but thing is to not abuse it either.

Reactions: stols001

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't recommend it. Neither does my dentist. OTOH back when I was a smoker-- I have never had a tooth pulled while a vaper-- I never let it stop me. I also never got a dry socket. Do I have to mention YMMV, or repeat I don't recommend it? Welcome to the board.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Okay, I'm going to give you a solution to this, but you may hate it. I have had 3 oral surgeries that were rather complicated over the past year. No suction was a big must.

I'd use a MTL device for this, but... I vaped through my nose, into my lungs, and then exhaled out of my nose, there was literally NO vape entering my mouth. To be fair, I had a little dryness in my nose and used saline drops but no MAJOR irritation, it was certainly not as satisfying as vaping regularly, but for the week after the surgery, it got 'er done, as it were. DON'T use a stainless steel drip tip, either. Use a resin one. You don't want to burn your nose. I also had a stable setup with no spitting or juice flying anywhere, and my surgeries went well.

Honestly, you might not want to do it in public, and I'm not saying you HAVE to do it that way, but for me it avoided the whole suction issue, and I could still get my nic. More or less.

I did something similar as a smoker, I got the husband to make a device (a drill attachment) that held a cig and shot smoke out of it (something to do with the spinning of the drill) but the point is, I personally found it to be safer avoiding dry sockets.

You could most certainly pack it with something cold and wet to protect the socket, and vape normally, if you wish. I might use an airier device doing that, not a MTL device, as you'll need less suction.

Good luck to you, and I freely admit that not everyone is as nuts as *I*. :)

Anna
That's extreme vaping there.

Numbersarenothing

Sep 22, 2017
Yeah but vwhat if ibhave maximum airflow in the tank? I gave it a baby test and it felt like nothing was even there
It's not the nicotine or the ejuice that is the real problem. Too much suction in mouth and you can dislodge the blood clot and end up with a dry socket. Very painful, you don't want it. Be careful for at least 24 hours or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread