Can i vape after a tooth extraction?! HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Yeah but vwhat if ibhave maximum airflow in the tank? I gave it a baby test and it felt like nothing was even there
Airflow has nothing to do with it, it's the suction effect that causes dry sockets (ie: putting your mouth on the drip tip or cigarette bud and sucking the vapor/smoke through it)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
It's really easier than it sounds! :) I'm not kidding! LOL, when will I learn to think like other people...:lol:

Anna
They tried to makes us think like them years ago...
We chose NOT too.
4wW6vHPqQfzwW9EoX34h.gif

OP: Nic patch or drip liquid on fingertip and lick.

Cheers
I

Breen

Sep 21, 2017
When I had a tooth pulled, I found that keeping my lips parted a bit while inhaling kept the suction to a minimum and let me continue vaping without a problem.

When I had a tooth pulled, I did this with a cigarette AND chomped down on a wet piece of gauze to keep the socket covered. It was uncomfortable, awkward, and not very satisfying, but no dry socket.

I'd still advise to hold out, if you can. The stories I heard about dry socket are the stuff of nightmares.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Airflow has nothing to do with it, it's the suction effect that causes dry sockets (ie: putting your mouth on the drip tip or cigarette bud and sucking the vapor/smoke through it)

The suction would be stronger with lower airflow as you'd have to pull harder.

I was still smoking when I had two wisdom teeth out, and I poked holes in my cigarette with a pin. I lost some of the smoke (I enjoyed watching the smoke stream out of the pinholes), but I got enough to make the craving manageable while decreasing the suction. It worked for me, but there are no guarantees. The very thought of dry socket makes me cringe, and I've never even had it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Tuesday around 3PM i got a tooth pulled. (#5 if that even matters). It is now Friday a little after noon. I usually smoke cigs but recently have been making a switch to vaping. Do you guys think im safe? Ive been really careful and its healing pretty well ALREADY. I really dont want dry socket. I have a asmodus with an aspire tank on it
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to call the dentist and ask, your entitled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread