Can non-smokers that vape potentially lead to real cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Just wondering..

Honestly, no I don't think so, it's too different than smoking, the taste is better etc. Your probably not going to go from vaping cake to wanting to coat your mouth in an ashtray - for real.

However, this is really something that only a never smoker who picked up vaping can tell you for certain. As they will have their own personal experiences they can relate.

Reactions: anavidfan

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Any idea why I love the smell of cigarette smoke? Its weird.

You may be associating the smell with something pleasant from your childhood, subconsciously. You may have had an encounter with someone who smoked that was so good that you now associate that smell with 'good' and 'pleasant'.

Our sense of smell is often directly tied to memory. I have ptsd and smells are a definite trigger to the past.

For you, perhaps the smell association is all you retained in memory. It's a possibility anyway. If so, you were very young, and it was a positive experience.

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I would say they could, especially if they decide to vape nicotine and develop an addiction. They may then find themselves in a situation where they run out of batteries, juice etc and need an alternative source of nicotine.
This, plus the fact they could be around smokers (smoking shelter at work, or outside a pub) and one day they accept an offer of a "real cig".

As for the smell, I still like it if it's in the air and not too strong, but I always hated the way my clothes and especially hands smelt of smoke.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
I thought I was the only ex smoker/ vaper that enjoyed it still.

Me too, but only if it is one of the brands I smoked. Posted this a few years ago so the six years is now eight...

From most nasty to evokes pleasant memories: Wet ash tray, close side stream
smoke (had a much greater tolerance to it when I smoked) stale smoke odor on
a person, distant cigar or cheap cigarette smoke, distant other name brand,
distant my former name brand smoke. Yes, I can still recognize it after six
years even though it was renamed when the word 'lights' was banned. And by
distant I mean 10 to 50 feet.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Troll? How about you not assume things.

OK, I won't assume things. I'll just ask you flat out- what's up? I've seen and responded to a couple of your threads and tbh I find them a bit odd. Now, it might just be that you have a slightly weird posting style, and if so you have my apologies. But I hope you understand why, at first glance, one might think you were trolling.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Can a moth that is attracted to a lightbulb be also attracted to a candle flame? Yes...the moth is attracted to light. Inhaling and exhaling vapor can appeal to the senses, it looks cool, it has a certain pleasure appeal, the scent and taste of the vapor are enjoyable. Also true with smoking, the visual, sensual aspects are real, and some tobaccos have a pleasing aroma and taste.

There are all kinds of vices and no matter how much the sheep will condemn the goats who enjoy them, there is a reason why the human animal will take these things up, pleasure...

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Troll? I don't know. Whether or not, let me say this--I smoked cigarettes for ~ 45 years, and the last couple of decades almost got me, killing me softly every day, a little bit at a time. I was desperate to be able to breathe.

I would not be vaping today if I had not been addicted to cigarettes, and I cannot stand the smell of cigarettes anywhere near me now.

I can't see any reason at all to start vaping except to stop smoking. However, you just do what you want to do, OP. It's your life, buddy; good luck!

Chinamatic

Moved On
Apr 30, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Totally inappropriate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread