Can one be a Tootle Puffer and a Cloud Chaser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Well Ohms is of little consequence :D i am vaping on it right now at .28

Correction: .27 ohms (big diff) :p

True!

So this is the best modern rebuildable tank on the market? Seems so. How much do they sell them in the vape shops?

The "best" is very subjective, just like mods, e-liquid, wick, coils, on and on. I think it's a decent tank. I have two Griffins and one Griffin 25. One of the Griffins I had an issue with the juice flow being VERY loose. The build deck on these is simply pressed into the base, and on that one the base wasn't pressed far enough in. I fixed it on my own because I have the tools I needed to do it, but it could be an issue for some.

That being said, I really wouldn't have a problem recommending one to a fellow vaper. They're not difficult to build on, I like the Velocity-styled deck, and the capacity of the 25 is nice.

Edited to add: I don't know what they are selling for now, but the last time I was in a vape shop they were going for something like $45 - $50 if memory serves.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
True!

The "best" is very subjective, just like mods, e-liquid, wick, coils, on and on. I think it's a decent tank. I have two Griffins and one Griffin 25. One of the Griffins I had an issue with the juice flow being VERY loose. The build deck on these is simply pressed into the base, and on that one the base wasn't pressed far enough in. I fixed it on my own because I have the tools I needed to do it, but it could be an issue for some.

That being said, I really wouldn't have a problem recommending one to a fellow vaper. They're not difficult to build on, I like the Velocity-styled deck, and the capacity of the 25 is nice.

Edited to add: I don't know what they are selling for now, but the last time I was in a vape shop they were going for something like $45 - $50 if memory serves.
GET THE 25 PLUS, it is beyond leaps and bounds better than the 22 or 25 THE PLUS ROCKS YOUR SOCKS OFF!

Reactions: K_Tech

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
True!

Also the 25 Plus build deck is completely different... including the way it is assembled. having disassembled the pressfit of the previous the plus is different havent figured it out 100% but i can say the way the positive pin connects to the positive post is 100% different :p on the 22 and 25 the positive pin goes all the way up where the 25 plus the positive pinconnects to a different pin that connects to the post

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Also the 25 Plus build deck is completely different... including the way it is assembled. having disassembled the pressfit of the previous the plus is different havent figured it out 100% but i can say the way the positive pin connects to the positive post is 100% different :p on the 22 and 25 the positive pin goes all the way up where the 25 plus the positive pinconnects to a different pin that connects to the post
What is the average price as in dollars that this costs in shops?

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
So shops would have it for $45-$50 most probably.
I never owned a rebuildable atti because I started building the last the 2 weeks although I was vaping for 3 years. Is the flavor like an RDA?
IMHO better than a RDA

And vape shops may not carry the newest.... the only vape shops that carry griffins here still are carrying the original 22mm and not even the 25... let alone the 25 PLUS

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I have a target mini specifically for my Nautilus 2 that I have at 14 watts with 18mg juice on a 1.8 ohm coil. I have that with me always. I also have the Alien 220 watt with the Velocity V2 build with 22 gauge kanthal, dual coil with 7 wraps reading at about .22 Ohms. I also have the cloud beast with the TFV8 coil at almost 100 watts 6mg juice. I enjoy both cloud chasing but also enjoy getting that mouth to lung throat hit, even though there is not much of a cloud. What do you think?

Vape as you like. There is no "right" way.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I have a target mini specifically for my Nautilus 2 that I have at 14 watts with 18mg juice on a 1.8 ohm coil. I have that with me always. I also have the Alien 220 watt with the Velocity V2 build with 22 gauge kanthal, dual coil with 7 wraps reading at about .22 Ohms. I also have the cloud beast with the TFV8 coil at almost 100 watts 6mg juice. I enjoy both cloud chasing but also enjoy getting that mouth to lung throat hit, even though there is not much of a cloud. What do you think?
You need to choose whether you want to be a cloud puffer or a tootle chaser.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Of course you can do both, but not at the same time haha :)

Reactions: Eskie

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
You need to choose whether you want to be a cloud puffer or a tootle chaser.

No you don't at all, I do both everyday. An no one has the right too make you choose

Nah, no need to choose. Some days I want to wear khakis, some days jeans. I own both, I wear both. It all depends on your mood - and sometimes for me, the time of day.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Nah, no need to choose. Some days I want to wear khakis, some days jeans. I own both, I wear both. It all depends on your mood - and sometimes for me, the time of day.
I've been vaping middle of the road, 30 max watts 400 degrees in an rda that's so old school it's being closed out. So I got out my N mini for the first time in 2 years, which vapes at 11 watts, and it was pleasant. If I could rebuild the coils I'd use it regularly. I have no use for clouds. Stealth vaping is more fun.

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I've been vaping middle of the road, 30 max watts 400 degrees in an rda that's so old school it's being closed out. So I got out my N mini for the first time in 2 years, which vapes at 11 watts, and it was pleasant. If I could rebuild the coils I'd use it regularly. I have no use for clouds. Stealth vaping is more fun.
I've never really needed to stealth vape, so I've never really explored it. But if you're not smoking, IT WORKS!!!!!
:thumbs:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

And there are days when wearing your khakis over your jeans can work too. You can go casual in just a minute.:)

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread