Can someone help me with this thingy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
Hi everyone,
Hope your holidays were nice. We've been really busy with the plants this year, and hasn't left me much time for forum.
OK, off to question. Hubby brought in this little gadget he got me, and I'm not sure what it is or how to use it.
It looks to be a 510 tank cartridge, one you can see through. It is in two pieces.
I know I could ask in another forum, but this one is my favorite and thought someone here might have
used one. I got it filled with Pchelas, but it won't hit. And filling it was a pain, so I'm not sure if I did it right, and there
may be a better way. It won't hit for the life of me. :blush:
Sorry a bit blurry. One has filler thingy off, the other is with it attached.

100_1987.jpg 100_1988.jpg

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Ummm...I don't beleive I have ever seen anything like that. Did it come in a box with a brand and model name/number on it? It looks a lot like a CE#-style cartomizer, but with no wick. On the other hand, I've never seen a filler attachment that looked like that.

There has been a lot of crossover recently with another, compleatly unrelated, facet of vaporizing, and I wonder if the store is mistakenly selling (or your husband just mistakenly purchased) a vaporizing device designed for a compleatly different product than a purely liquid media. Or if it is one of the (semi)"rebuildable" cartridges without the coil and wick installed.

I did a google image search and didn't come up with anything even remotely related, so more information would be helpful :)

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
Thank you Rotku. We spent all day helping our friends move in next door, and I forgot t ask. I am going to look up how to use this gadget right now. Do you know how it works?
:)
Edit: OK, looked up clearomizer, and found something on Utube. Mine does not have any wicks, nor does it have two rubbe gaskets. Only one gasket, on the piece that disengages. But you are correct, this is very similar. Mine does have a small hollow core within the metal tube that reaches from the top to the bottom.
Here is link to Utube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdJNGCkXLjY

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
The video to which you linked is showing a regular CE2, which you definitely do not have. In the link rotku provided to Vapor Kings, it appears that what you called the "filler thingy" is being used as the mouthpiece, though it also has a rubber stopper at the top as well. Your picture looks to be dead-on the KR808D-1 clearomizer with the exception of the missing wick, top rubber stopper and possibly the coil, and havin 510 threads rather than 808D-1 threads.

Perhaps it is someone's unfinished attempt at converting one to 510?

EDIT: BTW, "clearomizer" refers to any cartomizer that has a transparent rather than opaque housing. There is an entire sub-board dedicated to them here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/

Last edited:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Yea, it definitely looks like you've got parts of parts going on with that thingy whatchamacallit. Lol. Next time tell hubby to order from someone reputable or give him a list of vendors you like and tell him to buy your bday and holiday presents from there. Or do like that kid in the movie, A Christmas Story, and put pictures of what you want on his pillow. :rickroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread