Can someone please explain Evic VTC "Bypass Mode"

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
I have confusing and contradicting information there.

Some websites say "it makes the EVIC Mini act like a mechanical mod, it simply fires what the battery gives".

EVIC's official explanation is "Bypass Mode is a direct output mode of voltage". WHAT voltage?

It was at first my assumption that "Bypass Mode" is the same as with isticks, where some isticks allow adjusting Wattage, and another mode adjusts Voltage (like when I use my istick I set it to 4.7V rather than 15W) Is this what "Bypass Mode" is?

If (as some sites claim) bypass mode makes the EVIC Mini "act like a mech mod", does that means there is no protection circuitry active? What exactly is "bypassed"??? I obviously don't want a 18650 blow up in my face. Anyone has an EVIC VTC Mini and using bypass mode, what can actually be adjusted? Can voltage be adjusted? If so, then it's basically the same as with istick setting to voltage adjust, right?

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm pretty sure it basically means it's running at the voltage the battery is at. Basically as the battery drains so does your power.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
YUP!
"What voltage?" Means what voltage the battery has in it. It starts around 4.2v, then drops to around 3.2v, it's using no regulation, no "bucking or boosting" in the circuitry to compensate for the battery, just whatever the battery puts out, that's what you are vaping on.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Yes it emulates a mechanical mod. This means that the amount of power applied to the coil is controlled by the resistance of the coil, and the remaining voltage in the battery.
I'm guessing that you are not familiar with mechanical devices, so you should probably avoid using that mode until you've done some more reading. In regards to protection circuitry, I don't know specifically how this mode works electrically inside the mod, but 'bypass' would indicate that there is none.

This mode is a gimmick in my opinion anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread