Embalming Fluid

LOL

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
It all depends on what Studies you Read.
And therein lies the rub. It sucks that you can't take scientific studies at face value. I would love to be able to read a conclusion section, and just accept it. Unfortunately now I feel the need to read the methods section, look at the data, look at the authors, track the funding, etc. etc. etc.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
And therein lies the rub. It sucks that you can't take scientific studies at face value. I would love to be able to read a conclusion section, and just accept it. Unfortunately now I feel the need to read the methods section, look at the data, look at the authors, track the funding, etc. etc. etc.
It is sad that science has become a paid justification/endorsement for business and government, which is pretty much the same as business.

Reactions: Lessifer

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Nobody gets out alive...that's a fact. I see no point in dying healthy.

Actually I wouldn't mind that. Death itself doesn't really scare me; it's the process of getting there that scares me, because some of them are flat out terrifying -- in a hospital bed with a respirator down your throat comes to mind.

Andria

GoguBordel

Jul 1, 2015
I'm really sorry I stated I know the 3 guys out of 8 I know they vape, developed throat cancer from vaping. Nobody knows for sure. Nevertheless, they all smoked for more than 20 years (like me), than switched to vaping for a couple of years, and the guy who died was over 60 y.o. But it's just quite a bit strange of coincidence. It very well be from quitting smoking, not necessarily from switching to vaping.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Actually I wouldn't mind that. Death itself doesn't really scare me; it's the process of getting there that scares me, because some of them are flat out terrifying -- in a hospital bed with a respirator down your throat comes to mind.

Andria
I couldn't agree more. My brother died from lung cancer 3 years ago, and we did not have him in a hospital, but instead home hospice (his wishes). The last 6 weeks of his life were agonizing....regardless of how much morphine he was on. Trust me, the "process" is anything but quick and painless.

Muru

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Unfortunately, our bodies are not machines, something scientists would like us to believe. You can't just turn a knob or push a button and presto: health is assured. Some diseases can be avoided by adjusting your lifestyle, but most of the time it's a game of chance. I know because I am a collector of incurable ailments since birth. And the thing that ultimately kills everybody, even though we also need it to stay alive, is....oxygen!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I couldn't agree more. My brother died from lung cancer 3 years ago, and we did not have him in a hospital, but instead home hospice (his wishes). The last 6 weeks of his life were agonizing....regardless of how much morphine he was on. Trust me, the "process" is anything but quick and painless.

Yeah I saw much the same with my dad, with that awful respirator. He was in an ICU, which if anything just made it worse. I'm actually hoping for a massive heart attack -- 1-2minutes (if that!) of pain, then outta here! So I'll be sticking with nicotine for the duration. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Unfortunately, our bodies are not machines, something scientists would like us to believe. You can't just turn a knob or push a button and presto: health is assured. Some diseases can be avoided by adjusting your lifestyle, but most of the time it's a game of chance. I know because I am a collector of incurable ailments since birth. And the thing that ultimately kills everybody, even though we also need it to stay alive, is....oxygen!

Yep... with all the addictions I've had to deal with, because they were killing me, I ought to be immortal by now. :D But "public health" or modern medicine just doesn't seem to get that nobody gets outta here alive. I like the Louis Anderson bit about the jogger... "I'm fit, I'm in great shape... so that comet that's about to hit the Earth will just skip right past me!" :facepalm: :D

Andria

Reactions: Muru

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin

And they (scientific types) act like it's not a cult.

The funny one is when they claim objectivity. OMG, that one always makes me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread