Can vaping still cause nicotine stains on teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, analogs cause far far worse stains, (obviously), but since nicotine DOES turn yellow when exposed to oxygen, and we're still coating the inside of our mouths with nicotine, has anyone noticed any yellowing of teeth, however slowly or mildly, compared to actual tobacco use?

An affirmative answer to this won't alter my plans any.

Just curious and want to be prepared.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have been vaping for a year now and my teeth are way whiter then they were when i was smoking.

+1 with what hoosier said.
happy-dance.gif

poisonette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2010
Ohio
Yep. Tar is nasty. It's why I was banned to smoking my analogs outside for the past 3 years and why my teeth are yellowing. Not to mention the yellow line that forms on clothes hanging in closets.
Ever tried to paint over the yellow ring that forms on the ceiling around light fixtures?

I've been vaping for a month and can't believe I ever used analogs.

KAgnew

Aug 16, 2010
Mansfield, Ontario
I'm a noob here (and a lurker - time to come out...) I'm glad this came up! The front of my teeth are yellower than I would like, but I have always felt SO self-conscience at the dentist about the yucky stains on the backs of my teeth. I've been watching and they are disappearing! Just another happy result of quitting smoking - and starting vaping!

Cheers!
Kathy

I was wondering the same thing. I actually thought, maybe, e-juice was staining more so than the analogs. I've only been vaping for a couple of weeks and vape alot of vanilla as I need the heavier flavors right now. OK - power of suggestion is that vaping will make my teeth whiter! Yeah!!

I went and picked up a pizza Monday evening and a smoker came in. He smelled awful!! My sense of smell has greatly improved in the past couple of weeks.

Yes, vaping won't stain your teeth like smoking will... HOWEVER: you must remember to stay hydrated because vaping will dry out your mouth worse than smoking and that can cause tooth decay and contribute to yellowing discoloration.

Smoking a pack of analogs, per day, my teeth stayed fairly clean/white. I think I notice some yellowing. I drink plenty of water a day (I think). I still drink coffee daily (not much) and to be fair I have had some iced tea which really stains.

Do the darker juices (vanilla) discolor more it just vaping in general. I just had my teeth cleaned in May - so we are good there. And, I use electric toothbrushes.

I'm leaning towards I am not drinking enough water?? I've only been vaping for roughly 3 weeks. 14 days no analogs, either!!

idk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
New Jersey
Smoking a pack of analogs, per day, my teeth stayed fairly clean/white. I think I notice some yellowing. I drink plenty of water a day (I think). I still drink coffee daily (not much) and to be fair I have had some iced tea which really stains.

Do the darker juices (vanilla) discolor more it just vaping in general. I just had my teeth cleaned in May - so we are good there. And, I use electric toothbrushes.

I'm leaning towards I am not drinking enough water?? I've only been vaping for roughly 3 weeks. 14 days no analogs, either!!

get some Crest 3D Whitestrips, they work well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread