Can you fix glass on a tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOATMOUFGUMBO

Moved On
Oct 26, 2016
i got one of the new e-leaf Icare's and when I was putting it back into my pocket it fell out of my hands onto the pavement. There's a little crack in the tank and it leaks a little. I tried duct tape but it still leaks a bit. Didn't know if there was any solution other than buying a new one. shop sold out till they get a re stock in 3 weeks. Pretty new to this stuff, only doing it to quit smoking, so any help is appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_7593.JPG
    IMG_7593.JPG
    851.9 KB · Views: 222
Reactions: thetrucker

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
i got one of the new E-Leaf Icare's and when I was putting it back into my pocket it fell out of my hands onto the pavement. There's a little crack in the tank and it leaks a little. I tried duct tape but it still leaks a bit. Didn't know if there was any solution other than buying a new one. Shop sold out till they get a re stock in 3 weeks. Pretty new to this stuff, only doing it to quit smoking, so any help is appreciated
I can't speak for any particular brand but Fasttech sells replacement glass for many tanks. A google search should turn something up somewhere if it exists. One of the things I like about my trusty SV rda, no glass.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That iCare is pretty much a self contained unit. It's not like finding replacement parts or glass for regular tanks. Chances are, you'll need a new one. One thing with vaping, try to buy backups as stuff like this happens, and you don't want to get caught short and be tempted to return to smoking.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Zip Kicker will cure Cyno Acrylate in seconds but there is no way to fix glass you could try an epoxy but due to the contamination from the liquid already it will be pretty much impossible to clean it enough to repair it. It you use Zip Kicker be careful as it heats up the super glue and could cause it to crack more.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I would not recommend silicone sealer because that does not taste good. Silicone gasket sealer is not made for food consumption products. Also the epoxy I recommended might take longer to wash off the taste then Fasttech would take to ship it! LOL

so... what does silicone sealant taste like?? ;)

Reactions: thetrucker

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Chances are, you'll need a new one. One thing with vaping, try to buy backups as stuff like this happens, and you don't want to get caught short and be tempted to return to smoking.
IMHO, the best advice given so far. The first rule of vaping is, "Backup for your backups." :rules:

You can't vape if you don't have a charged battery, a working tank, or e-liquid. All three are needed together. Have an entire backup setup so you are not ever tempted to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread