Can you vape hookah juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Hookah tobacco has a juice base it is saturated in that is similar in composition to e-liquid, I believe glycerin, molasses and sometimes honey. The molasses and honey are not found in e-liquids, but has anyone tried vaping this juice? Hookah is from what I can tell essentially vaping, but I imagine this juice composition could be hard on the atomizer/cartomizer coil. Has anyone tried this? There are some specific hookah flavors I would love to have in e-liquid.

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
Hookah tobaccos may be in a syrupy solution of flavor with sweetener and glycerin, but the reality is that it is still a solid tobacco that has been submerged in a liquid, and it still burns, rather than being atomized into a vapor. It is not vaping because you are inhaling smoke from burning tobacco and sugar, which is smoking, whereas vaping is inhaling a vapor comprised of fully liquid ingredients. The glycerin does provide some vapor content, but you are still inhaling smoke.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I'm not sure where you folks are getting this information from, but properly prepared and consumed hookah bowls do not burn the tobacco, they bake or vaporize them. The charcoal is suspended above the tobacco mixture and provides indirect heating, which creates clouds mostly by heating and vaporizing the liquid (the majority of hookah tobacco is the liquid). More recently, manufacturers have even introduced shisha "stones" which are porous rocks saturated with hookah juice, which provide a similar kind of "smoking" experience, which shows that the great majority of hookah smoke is vaporized liquid. In fact PVs operate on essentially the same principle as hookah, with the tobacco acting as the wicking or filler material

The particulates in hookah smoke are in no way comparable to burning tobacco or anything else, and the "napkin test" returns clean results as with vaping.

SM4ster

Mar 20, 2012
Montreal
He is actually right! A lot of people pack their Nargile bowls very awfully and in a very wrong way! It is also very bad for you to pack your bowl wrong, because you are not vaporizing the tobacco, molasses, honey and glycerin. You're burning the tobacco (which is normally low-grade and very potent) which is BAD. The bowl shouldn't be filled to the edge and the perforation of the tin foil should be very airy, because less air means less vaporizing/less "smoke". I wouldn't be surprised if the inventor of the actual e-cigs, Hon Lik, wasn't inspired by them when he came across hookahs in his research.

In accordance with the Shisha "stones" argument, there is also herbal mixes meant for Nargiles! Herbs use to vaporize their flavors and the rest of their liquid contents (molasses, honey and glycerin)!

I'm not sure where you folks are getting this information from, but properly prepared and consumed hookah bowls do not burn the tobacco, they bake or vaporize them. The charcoal is suspended above the tobacco mixture and provides indirect heating, which creates clouds mostly by heating and vaporizing the liquid (the majority of hookah tobacco is the liquid). More recently, manufacturers have even introduced shisha "stones" which are porous rocks saturated with hookah juice, which provide a similar kind of "smoking" experience, which shows that the great majority of hookah smoke is vaporized liquid. In fact PVs operate on essentially the same principle as hookah, with the tobacco acting as the wicking or filler material

The particulates in hookah smoke are in no way comparable to burning tobacco or anything else, and the "napkin test" returns clean results as with vaping.

braveheart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2009
Doha, Qatar
I'm a hookah smoker
and I tried once to squeeze the hookah tobacco and take the juice, I thought it might work
but when I dripped it in to my atomizer, it taste awful awful then I tried to get out of this bad taste but no way
so i ended up throwing the atomizer out.

don't do it, it waste of time and atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread