• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canada Post Help ( I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
So, I ordered some supplies from Oregon, shipped via USPS, they hit customs on the 13th, and I got a message saying they were there. Today, I wake up to a message from USPS as follows:

Service Type: International Parcels

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attempted Delivery CANADA 06/22/11 8:53am
Abroad

Into Foreign Customs CANADA 06/13/11 8:11am

Arrived Abroad CANADA 06/13/11 8:11am

International Dispatch ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) 06/11/11 10:06am

Arrival

Acceptance VERNONIA OR 97064 06/09/11 4:20pm

What is this "Attempted Delivery Abroad" business? Does it mean it went from customs and came to my house? How would it have gotten here without Canada post, and where would it be held?

Thanks for any info if anyone has it

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It means they attempted to deliver it into Canada Post's hands or into Canadian Territory and it was refused most likely because of the strike. Therefore USPS not being able to transfer it into Canadian hands, had to return the shipment.

By that info, I see USPS delivered it to Canada Customs, and most likely they were then told to return the package to sender, package cannot be delivered or held at the received point

I guarantee you that was because of the ongoing lockout.

If it was a delivery attempt to your door, you would not see that on USPS website, and IF Canada Post allowed you to see the tracking info, it would say ITEM OUT FOR DELIVERY.

DiggerP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Louisiana
I ship a lot in my company to Canada and I see the branch manager at the post office virtually every day. As I understand, all postal to Canada is being "stopped at the line -- prepared to be delivered into Customs". The only "mail" going through is Global Express Guaranteed" -- and that is actually carried by Federal Express in contract.

drac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Winnipeg
Hi all
Almost same thing happened to me. First time ordering from China. Not sure if canada post is holding this or it hasn't cleared customs yet. Sorry if this is a hi jack but I think its ok here. Sorry if I am wrong.
Drac

Product Type: Lettermail
Updated Delivery : To be determined
Delivery date changed : To be determined

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2011/06/22 08:53 CANADA Labour disruption affecting this location; item delayed
Some items may be delayed if held by customs for additional inspection. Canada Post has no information on specific items awaiting customs inspection. Once an item clears customs, it is handed over to Canada Post for delivery. Delivery time depends on the product and the distance to its destination.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
It means they attempted to deliver it into Canada Post's hands or into Canadian Territory and it was refused most likely because of the strike. Therefore USPS not being able to transfer it into Canadian hands, had to return the shipment.

By that info, I see USPS delivered it to Canada Customs, and most likely they were then told to return the package to sender, package cannot be delivered or held at the received point

I guarantee you that was because of the ongoing lockout.

If it was a delivery attempt to your door, you would not see that on USPS website, and IF Canada Post allowed you to see the tracking info, it would say ITEM OUT FOR DELIVERY.

Are you sure it has been returned to sender. WOuld Canada post just not hold it at my local post office until the strike is over?

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
I ship a lot in my company to Canada and I see the branch manager at the post office virtually every day. As I understand, all postal to Canada is being "stopped at the line -- prepared to be delivered into Customs". The only "mail" going through is Global Express Guaranteed" -- and that is actually carried by Federal Express in contract.

Fromt heir language it seems like it cleared customs. Do you think they would hold it at my local post office?

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
Thanks dude

So should I have any hope of receiving it after the strike or will it be sent back to the states?

If it cleared customs, it is under contract to be delivered to you. It will be sorted along with the millions of other pieces of mail and will eventually come your way.

I'm waiting for 1 package to arrive from the US and 3 from China....

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Oh dang, it sounds like it definitely cleared customs, it was there for a week and then tried to be delivered, but I guess nobody was home.

Again, thanks so much for helping me figure this out. I hope all this nonsense is figured out soon, I really want my orders.

Best of luck to you dude.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
It's being held at the other end of customs - that's the end where things have cleared and are awaiting transport to the nearest CP sorting center.

The sorting centers are closed because of the lock out.

I imagine that customs is getting pretty full now.

Phew, thats a relief. Thanks for the closure :D

paullyn

May 9, 2011
Ontario
Nevermind, according to Canada Post, a card was left in our mailbox but obviously it wasnt. Could have had it on Thursday.:mad: Wish I knew you could check Canada Post site for USPS package updates on Thursday.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Any update with this yet. I have no idea what is happening with my package but the usps info is very similar to yours. Today it states the "Attempted Delivery Abroad, June 30, 2011, 11:59 am, CANADA" again. Does it mean it failed at Customs? It should not have because there was no nicotine iinvolved.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
Attempted Delivery Abroad, June 30, 2011, 11:59 am, CANADA
bullet_circle.gif
Customs clearance processing complete, June 29, 2011, 11:47 am, CANADA
bullet_circle.gif
Customs Clearance, June 29, 2011, 11:46 am, CANADA
bullet_circle.gif
Processed Through Sort Facility, June 29, 2011, 11:46 am, CANADA
bullet_circle.gif
Attempted Delivery Abroad, June 22, 2011, 8:53 am, CANADA
bullet_circle.gif
Processed Through Sort Facility, June 14, 2011, 11:06 pm, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
bullet_circle.gif
Arrived at Sort Facility, June 14, 2011, 11:06 pm, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, June 13, 2011, 9:36 pm, CLEVELAND, OH 44101
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, June 13, 2011, 7:14 pm, CANTON, OH 44711
bullet_circle.gif
Shipment Accepted, June 13, 2011, 5:22 pm, NEW PHILADELPHIA, OH 44663
bullet_circle.gif
Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 13, 2011

Last edited:

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Nevermind, according to Canada Post, a card was left in our mailbox but obviously it wasnt. Could have had it on Thursday.:mad: Wish I knew you could check Canada Post site for USPS package updates on Thursday.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Any update with this yet. I have no idea what is happening with my package but the usps info is very similar to yours. Today it states the "Attempted Delivery Abroad, June 30, 2011, 11:59 am, CANADA" again. Does it mean it failed at Customs? It should not have because there was no nicotine iinvolved.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
Attempted Delivery Abroad, June 30, 2011, 11:59 am, CANADA
bullet_circle.gif
Customs clearance processing complete, June 29, 2011, 11:47 am, CANADA
bullet_circle.gif
Customs Clearance, June 29, 2011, 11:46 am, CANADA
bullet_circle.gif
Processed Through Sort Facility, June 29, 2011, 11:46 am, CANADA
bullet_circle.gif
Attempted Delivery Abroad, June 22, 2011, 8:53 am, CANADA
bullet_circle.gif
Processed Through Sort Facility, June 14, 2011, 11:06 pm, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
bullet_circle.gif
Arrived at Sort Facility, June 14, 2011, 11:06 pm, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, June 13, 2011, 9:36 pm, CLEVELAND, OH 44101
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, June 13, 2011, 7:14 pm, CANTON, OH 44711
bullet_circle.gif
Shipment Accepted, June 13, 2011, 5:22 pm, NEW PHILADELPHIA, OH 44663
bullet_circle.gif
Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 13, 2011

I just received mine this afternoon. It was delivered right to my door, even though I have a MailBox, so it must have been picked up by a courier on this side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread