• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canada vaping more or less eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vatigu

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Toronto, On, Canada
It's definitely growing, exponentially even. It's promoted entirely by word of mouth here but smokers everywhere are watching other smoker's quit using them and considering picking up a kit for themselves.

Not everyone in my office who smokes has been able to quit using ecigs but almost every one of them has tried. and out of 7 smokers at least 3 have been successful(including me). The others kinda gave up and I can tell they're in that place where they don't want to quit smoking so I don't push it, but I'm hopeful they might give it another shot.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
smokers trying to quit to try vaping:

here that vaping is worse than smoking and/or have toxins that will kill u faster than smoking.
they watch/here what that general news media have been reporting not knowing the true source of said "studies" pertaining to vaping.

they dont know what is in ejuice and/or dont have any clue as to how vaping works.

they buy some under performing(crap) vape gear and juice and conclude that this is not for them and go back to smoking.
i myself bought nv ecigs from costco online w/out nic and thought this is not replacing my analogues so i didnt bother trying any more vape gear, it wasnt till a year later i got some half decent juice and gear and was finally off cigs.

Reactions: Caro123

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
The misinformation in the media is not helping at all. Got the usual "you know that's illegal eh"?
From a neighbor today, unfortunately a lot of older smokers are under that impression and will look no further into it. A friend and myself straightened her out but you know people?
They'll believe what they want.

I've had a new kit for this "friend", that helped me explain things to the neighbor, going on 3 months now. She was even here today too, obviously, but didn't "have the time" for me to give her a short primer and get her going on it. They both smoke like trains and have trouble breathing.

Sad state of affairs imo, and it will only get worse with the new regs. coming in.
There is bound to be a tapering effect among older smokers at least, the ones that need it most:(.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
yes education is absolutely needed I think perhaps it might be good to put together a bit of health Canada info. my dear father was a heavy smoker with a big cough, he smoked native tobacco which sometimes is a little harsh, I wish I had known about vaping then, I suspect he would have been a keen vaper. to bad this hour has twenty two minutes wouldn't do a little spoof or maybe Rex Murphy could chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread