• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canadian Bank Moves Against Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
closing td accounts wont help unless people complain emasse/petition first to td visa w/threat of not using td visa for any purchases and cancelling td accounts.
but in general methinks canadians like it up the [edited] and will continue to bend over to take it and theres simply not enough active canadian vapers to take any action.
eg, wynn, carbon tax, ecotax, gas tax, trudeau, john tory ...... more taxes=must be good for us mentality even though those special taxes end up going to existing projects/services that were mismanaged.

Last edited by a moderator:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
vape" data-source="post: 19066681" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Fog n vape said:
:nah: Another reason to hate BIG banks. I have accounts at TD but won't after next week.

When you Close your Account, be sure to Tell them Exactly Why you are closing it.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Quite frankly, I'm surprised they would make this move at all. Any bank that throws business (and profits) away over an arcane ruling in another country has not thought their decision out properly.

I would predict that they will reverse that decision someday down the road - but by then it will be too late to win those retailers back (and any vapers that have decided to take their business elsewhere).

Reactions: Fog n Vape

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
closing td accounts wont help unless people complain emasse/petition first to td visa w/threat of not using td visa for any purchases and cancelling td accounts.

but in general methinks canadians like it up the *a.r.se* and will continue to bend over to take it and theres simply not enough active canadian vapers to take any action.
eg, wynn, carbon tax, ecotax, gas tax, trudeau, john tory ...... more taxes=must be good for us mentality even though those special taxes end up going to existing projects/services that were mismanaged.

I agree in that I think Canadians love to ..... and whine but usually that's where it ends !

Reactions: ceeceeisme

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Most Canadians are completely unaware that TD Bank is the 10th largest bank in North America and serves the US in addition to Canada. TD Bank, NA is a subsidiary of the TD Bank Group with an American CEO.
Yeah, we have a boatload of TD Bank branches in the Philly burbs. They got them via an acquisition. I've forgotten what the acquired bank's name was. They have the typical mega-bank attitude though, where a customer is just a number.

Then there's the big on-line brokerage, TD Ameritrade...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Most Canadians are completely unaware that TD Bank is the 10th largest bank in North America and serves the US in addition to Canada. TD Bank, NA is a subsidiary of the TD Bank Group with an American CEO.

I don't bank at TD and now never will. Just like Heinz Ketchup who now sources its tomatoes outside Canada, they don't support us so why support them. French's Ketchup does source in Canada so they will get my business, its good ketchup but not nearly as good as ED Smith but I haven't seen ED Smith ketchup in years.

Reactions: Hitmetwice

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I don't bank at TD and now never will. Just like Heinz Ketchup who now sources its tomatoes outside Canada, they don't support us so why support them. French's Ketchup does source in Canada so they will get my business, its good ketchup but not nearly as good as ED Smith but I haven't seen ED Smith ketchup in years.
We switched from Heinz to French's for ketchup and anything else we could as well.

I am with TD and would switch if I could, but I have so much stuff with them that it would just be too painful.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA

It not only sources its tomatoes outside of Canada - it doesn't make ketchup here at all anymore. They closed down Leamington, Ontario - home of Heinz ketchup in Canada for decades. Threw literally thousands of people out of work (farmers included). I've been buying French's as soon as it hit the shelves. The fallout of course includes the fact that myself and many people I know won't buy anything with the brand name Heinz on it anymore.

I don't think E.D.Smith makes ketchup anymore but I could be wrong about that. I haven't seen it in a dogs age either.

As for the Big 6 banks - they are making obscene profits off the backs of the middle class and have been for a long time now. I bank at my local credit union - they have all the same services as the chartered banks except for the robbing-you-blind-with-service-fee's part ;)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
It not only sources its tomatoes outside of Canada - it doesn't make ketchup here at all anymore. They closed down Leamington, Ontario - home of Heinz ketchup in Canada for decades. Threw literally thousands of people out of work (farmers included).

Ohh I didn't know that Heinz closed the factory also...add me to the list of another Heinz free zone.
I just googled ED Smith ketchup and they do still make it but maybe its just a eastern thing like Molson Export beer and Shopsys meats. A couple things I miss moving out west. Many years ago they brought in Molson Export beer into BC but I guess it was a mistake or it didn't fly cause it was very limited and disappeared just as fast. At least I got a few cases down before it vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread