• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

canadian brand cigs & nic level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherry7001

Sep 26, 2015
Hamilton, ON
I've just been reading that when choosing your ejuice nic level, to not go by how many cigs/day but what strength. Cdn smokes don't have the nic level on the package like they used to. I smoke Canadian Classic the silver pack. I'm a newbie & the vape shop gave me 12% juice. I smoked at least a pack a day. Down to 3 a day now. Should I try something higher than the 12%? I seem to puff all day nonstop when I'm at home.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Canadian Classics aren't very strong imo. I would say 12 is about right. Idk I know your just starting but I think they best way to really get a good nic hit is big inhales of vapor. I vaped 18 for the longest time but started with subohm tanks now alls I need is 3. You get such a big hit off of the sub ohm tanks don't need a high nic. Also the juice tastes much better at lower nics. Good luck.

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
You'll probably puff all day no matter what since you're still coming off cigarettes. As long as you feel it's replacing the urge to smoke I wouldn't be worried.

And just for clarification there is no 12% juice it's probably 12 mg (or mg/ml) witch equates to 1.2% nicotine by volume. The most concentrated nicotene base used for DIY that I've ever found is 100mg or 10% nicotine by volume. Vaping 12% would be insane.

rahmmie

Sep 7, 2015
I've just been reading that when choosing your ejuice nic level, to not go by how many cigs/day but what strength. Cdn smokes don't have the nic level on the package like they used to. I smoke Canadian Classic the silver pack. I'm a newbie & the vape shop gave me 12% juice. I smoked at least a pack a day. Down to 3 a day now. Should I try something higher than the 12%? I seem to puff all day nonstop when I'm at home.

From my own experience, I find that your setup also has a lot to do with how much you vape. I started using 18 mg/ml with eGo style but then I got an iStick 40W TC and could not take more than 2 or 3 puffs before I got dizzy at that concentration. I can barely handle 12 mg/ml with the box mod. What /ashtrayogdc said is absolutely right, if you are using a sub-ohm tank and a box mod, the nic hit is much higher and the flavour is stronger, so you probably would need fewer puffs to satisfy the craving.

Something else to keep in mind is the draw. I personally like a tighter draw since I like a mouth to lung inhale (more similar to a regular smoke). The bigger the bore of the drip tip, the less the satisfaction I get from the puff, probably because I need to feel that added resistance like I would with a real cigarette

kenmuir

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
AB, Canada
When I started a couple of years ago, the recommendation was for a pack-a-day smoker was 16-18mg/mL at 2-3mL/day using a cartomizer or first-gen clearomizer. I was there for three months or so, adjusting to the fact that I could stop vaping when I was satisfied, compared to smoking the entire cigarette because it was already lit. Then I upgraded to bigger and better clearmizers and mods, decreasing the nicotine concentration whenever I started to get the dizzy feelings. Two years later, with a Kanger Subtank Mini and self-wound coils at 1.5ohm, I go through 4.5mL/day at 1mg/mL. If you think you're vaping too much throughout the day, then up your nic level until you're satisfied, decrease it when you get dizzy.

Don't be afraid to mix juices of a different concentration but same (or even different) flavours together. Most stores carry a 0mg, 3-6mg, 8-12mg, 15-18mg and a 24+mg so that they can keep a minimum of inventory on hand. A bottle of 18mg and a bottle of 12mg of the same flavour and equal volumes makes for a really big bottle of 15mg. A bottle of apple pie and a bottle of vanilla ice cream makes apple pie a la mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread