Cancer Doctor agreed with vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
At a recent visit with one of my many Doctors, this one a throat surgeon, he asked if I was still vaping. This was at a checkup following radiation and chemo treatments I had this past summer for tonsil cancer. He said that he had looked into vaping since my last visit and that he now agreed that vaping was less harmful then smoking. Notice he said less harmful not harmless. He went on to say that it would probably be better to not vape since the long term effects are not known at this time. I agree but I still need my vape to get through the day without going bonkers though I have reduced somewhat the amount of juice per day I vape.

This was a first as all the Dr's I've had through this have said they had no opinion as they didn't know enough about it to state a medical opinion. So slowly some Dr's are learning about vaping.

Have you mentioned vaping to your Dr. and what was their response ?

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I also recently finished radiation and chemo for lung cancer, & my oncologist has the same attitude as your doctor.

My primary care physician has also changed her attitude toward vaping. Two years ago she was adamantly against it because so little was know about it. Now that she's learned more, she accepts it as an beneficial alternative to smoking.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
KentA I can't seem to remember how to get quotes to work.

My GP (family dr.) is not supportive of vaping, but then I don't think she is much of a Dr. but that's another issue or is it !

"I also recently finished radiation and chemo for lung cancer, & my oncologist has the same attitude as your doctor."

KentA I hope you are doing well and recovering from both the cancer and the treatment for it. I see we both joined ecf in 2014, it sure was the pits to finally get off the cigs and then a short couple years after get diagnosed with cancer. Wishing you all the best moving forward.

Last edited:

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
KentA I can't seem to remember how to get quotes to work.
Click the "Reply" on the bottom right.

KentA I hope you are doing well and recovering from both the cancer and the treatment for it. I see we both joined ecf in 2014, it sure was the pits to finally get off the cigs and then a short couple years after get diagnosed with cancer. Wishing you all the best moving forward.

Yea, it was a surprise, but it shouldn't have been. I'd been a heavy smoker for almost 50 years.

We will have to wait & see how the treatments worked. Of course they destroyed more than just the cancer cells, but the technology available today is amazing. Our timing was a lot better than those who came before.

Take care of yourself, Fog n Vape. We need every vapor alive so they can be witnesses to the truth.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Well then let me give you some advice there young feller:
Don't smoke cigarettes.

I knew better but did it anyways !

60 years old here, 61 next month, the dangers of tobacco smoking were just getting on the news etc. during my early years and of course many at first did not believe the science.

Wonder if they still make the candy cigs with the red tip. We used to buy them and on a cold day would pretend we were smoking with the fog from the cold exhale being our smoke :vapor:

Reactions: KentA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread