Cancer Research UK study: vaping is safer than smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinnail

Feb 18, 2017
CA,United States
9 days ago. This study was released. Lets tell our family and friends about these new studies. That prove vaping is safe for all. And at least safer than analog cigarettes. Word of mouth, can make a difference! And we should be able to legally vape wherever we want.

“The bottom line of this study is that there is now no scientific uncertainty: vaping is much safer than smoking”

Prof. Peter Hajek of Queen Mary University of London compared this research to the infamous Portland State University - “If the e-liquid is over-heated, it can produce high levels of aldehydes,” - “In contrast to results from frying e-liquid in a laboratory, the results from human vapers presented here show that switching from smoking to vaping not only generates no increase in aldehyde levels, but in fact leads to a dramatic reduction.”

The lead author was Lion Shahab of University College London. It was funded by a grant from Cancer Research UK, and published in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine.

Sorry. You will have to surf the net to find this study. I wasn't able to copy and paste the link. My first computer was Pac-Man. The video game.....lol. Im just not PC literate at all. Copy Paste. That's me....

My parents legally smoked in the house, the car, the plane, and at the JOB. And I went on to the state finals, in track and field as a long distance runner. Yes I could run like the wind, and clean my fathers ashtrays in every room of our home. So I don't think 2nd hand smoke from even analog cigarettes, adversely effects passengers on a plane. I call b.s.

I think, wait, I know. The governments of all these countries, that passed these non-smoking laws. Are really just trying to save money on the health bills they have to pay for indigent non insured people that smoke. And the insurance companies supplied all the money and lawyers to pass the bills on no smoking zones because they want to save money on insured smokers that have costly hospital bills. Most of which, most likely had more asbestos damage to the lung tissues than smoking damage.

As is the case my father had with the US Army. Asbestos is killing my father. Cigarettes definitely didn't help him. But after 40 years of smoking cigarettes. The Veterans Administration gives my father 100% disability, because of asbestos inhalation during his 4 year tour in Korea.. His lungs were x-rayed, and tissue samples were taken, minute asbestos residues were found in his lungs, that will never leave. And it was found that the Asbestos did the damage, that caused his lung to collapse. It only took 40 years.....lol. But if he hadn't had the expensive procedures done by the VA, and had only a civilian insurance company backing him. He would of been labeled as a smoker.

Whats in smog? Yes, the air you breathe. Just imagine, downtown big cities. Its a hype. The second hand smoke thing. People get more lung damage sitting in their car on a congested highway, than sitting in a restaurant with smokers. Its mostly about money. Im sure its not as healthy as breathing the air on the beach. Or above 5,000 feet elevation. But second hand smoke from vaping. Come on.

Vishal001

Moved On
Feb 17, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Spam

coffinnail

Feb 18, 2017
CA,United States
With factual studies like this vaping will go from strength to strength. Someone should get this study and mail it to donald trump and anybody else in America who needs to read it.
That's right. It does need to get out there. I believe it will. Its only been 10 days since they posted it on that site. Vape on. I quit cigarettes. Yes.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I quit smoking on June 23, 2009, after vaping for only 6 days.Smoked for well over 40 years. I was amazed. Felt better. Lungs functioned better, more energy. It's been wonderful. Fast forward to March, 2017. Got a standard chest x ray. Showed a nodule. Was then scheduled for CT scan, which confirmed nodule and recommended further testing. Went into hospital, had abdominal CT, showed clear, Pulmonary Function tests were good. Blood work was good. Next was a Pet Scan, which confirmed nodule and could not rule out cancer. Biopsy recommended. Had biopsy done last Monday, April 24, 2017. Confirmed cancer, in left lobe, probably Stage 1 and surgically curative. I will probably have the surgery sometime in May. See the surgeon on May 9th. I have a great team of doctors working with me and I am very grateful this was caught early. I do NOT blame vaping for this. In fact, it may have been the reason this cancer is slow growing. I am sure I will quit vaping very soon, as the safest thing is to not put ANYTHING into your lungs, and since I will be missing a lobe, I'll need all the capacity I can get.
Even though they have told me this was caught early, I am scared out of my mind. Didn't see it coming, had no symptoms. Anyone who has smoked and is 55 or older is now recommended to get CT scans to check for early stage lung cancer. This may have saved my life. Do the same for yourself!

Last edited:

coffinnail

Feb 18, 2017
CA,United States
Really like that Oscar Wilde quote. Lol. That is so true in all of us. Especially children these days. Wow. Bar of soap for cursing, and a spanking for disrespect worked for me. Think that's child abuse now though. And the bar of soap probably have to call poison control for that one.....lol. But lets pop them pills, put hormones in our milk and food products, and smoke analogs. That's legal. So it must not be poison control problem....lol. So sorry I didn't see your post until now. Thanks for the reply. Question. My father is taking many pills, breathing with only 1/3 of 1 of his lungs, on 24 hour oxygen. For the last 10 or so years. And I read so much about the lungs. What is a missing "lobe".ETA I think I meant what is a "nodule". My uncle lived with only one lung since a teenager accident puncture. Though he rarely smoked tobacco, he smoked cannabis, heavily. 7 or more joints a day. Died of heart problems with a pacemaker of ten years. 62 years old. Ive read, the lungs are one of our organs, that can heal. Never fully. But the "blebs" "holes" that tobacco can cause on the lung tissue. Will heal. Problem is. Where the lungs heal. Its very hard tissue, and doesn't expand and contract as well as a normal lung. So the capacity of the lungs is reduced. And, after about 40 years old, the human body doesn't rejuvenate as well. So they say 50 is the magic number for "most" people to quit smoking. 40 is much better. Younger the better. But cancer is cancer. No fixing that. The reason I said all this is. I wanted to give you a positive note on your condition. Blessings. And congratulations on quitting the analogs.ETA I started vaping in 2010. Cigalikes. They worked ok. I was happy. Until I looked at my bank statement, and I was missing over $300. Turns out. I agreed to the $30 a month habit. And the agreement I made in fine print said a 10 month supply. Lol. That crap kept coming in the mail. And I just threw those cigalikes in the trash, I was so mad. I quit vaping for a couple years. My health got worse. Weasing in my sleep.Then in 2012 or so. I bought a Volcano clearomizer, lost the tip during work. Went back to the kiosk at the mall where I bought it. And they didn't sell tips. Just another clearomizer. Again. I threw it in the trash. ...... off. The reason I say this. Is that vapors now a days, do not even know the troubles, us veteran vapors went through in those days. And. Like you. Each time I quit smoking. I felt energy, and so many positive changes in my mind and body.

Last edited:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Everything you say is correct but this?...

"My parents legally smoked in the house, the car, the plane, and at the JOB. And I went on to the state finals, in track and field as a long distance runner. Yes I could run like the wind, and clean my fathers ashtrays in every room of our home. So I don't think 2nd hand smoke from even analog cigarettes, adversely effects passengers on a plane. I call b.s."

Protect your family from secondhand smoke

More than 80% of secondhand smoke is invisible and odourless, so no matter how careful you think you're being, your family still breathes in harmful poisons, putting them at risk of meningitis, cancer, bronchitis and pneumonia.

That’s why the law has changed. It is illegal to smoke in vehicles with someone under 18 present; driver and passenger could be fined £50.

nhs-logo-1766eaa7a596af3be373f1fcd6726ed3.png

Smokefree is a public health campaign initiated and supported by Public Health England, an executive agency of the Department of Health

I put the 2nd part so you can see that this is initiated and supported by Public Health England.
The same people that have done the world of good for vaping.

Yours is an anecdotal claim. Regardless of how true for you, 2nd hand smoke and the damage it causes is not bs.

Reactions: coffinnail

coffinnail

Feb 18, 2017
CA,United States
Prof. Peter Hajek is a hero. He's been doing this for a while now and his video from a 2 years ago has been show to many people unconvinced about Vaping.

This is it.

Did anyone find the actual study the OP quoted from?

Not yet. Lol. I forgot to look. And nobody helped me out here. I did look after posting this thread. And couldn't find it. Unfortunately I erase my "history" in my surfing the web before each power down. I do remember finding it on one site. But they wanted me to join the site....blah blah blah. So I got discouraged. And quit looking. But the start of this thread is all copy and paste. So I know its out there somewhere. Also near the top of this thread one reply was of this doctor, and had a video url.

coffinnail

Feb 18, 2017
CA,United States
The most recent I can find from cancer research uk is dated
6/2/17

@coffinnail
You can just copy the web address in the bar at the top of your screen and paste it here can't you?
Yep. But I didn't know I was going to start a thread here until it was too late. I thought it would just be there for all of us to read. And only wanted to quote and post the important parts of the article. It was quite a read. Long.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture

coffinnail

Feb 18, 2017
CA,United States
Yours is an anecdotal claim. Regardless of how true for you, 2nd hand smoke and the damage it causes is not bs.

Thanks for correcting me. Im a righteous person. And will admit when Im wrong, or misconstrued. But from personal experience. But from personal experience, while watching The Benny Hill show. With the family, 12 inches from an analog my whole childhood. It didn't slow me down. Or did it. I know it did. But not like the person sucking on it. Lol. Its just that I loathe the people in charge of our governments making claims for commercial profit. And cigarettes is one of them. Peace.

coffinnail

Feb 18, 2017
CA,United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread