Cannot believe I need a mentor to explain a clearo to me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
I don't really consider myself a total rank amateur any longer,after 8 months of zero analogs, purchases of over twelve 2200 mAh twister batteries and 6 pen type clearos, an Itaste VTR, A God 180-S, A Herakles sub ohmer, A Freemax Starre sub ohmer, A Gimlet Giant, and of most importance to my post topic ... A Kangertech mini protank 2 ... which becomes important as it performs perfectly and is the closest thing I have sizewise to the main subject of my topic ... The absolutely mysterious Iclear I-30-S.

I certainly had enough watts and volts to test this thing in any way one might suggest, and I swear to powers above this clearo is absolutely the most useless piece of vaping equipment I have ever seen ...

It calls up a fictional vision in my mind ... It's the 1940's and they have cast petite and Princess like Audrey Hepburn in another role similar to 'Roman Holiday '

In this fictional dream, vaping is new and is all the rage but they don't want thier darling Audrey as the character to be lugging around anything large and boxy , so they go with a regal woodgrained and gold pen style twister.

Some cast member recommends they absolutely attach an Iclear i30-s to it as it will give her beautiful lips this puckered purse like quality and make her cheeks sensually cave in as she pulls at the atomizers wadding which has the consistency of vaping through Levi Jeans material ...

It gives off the slightest hint of vapor so her character looks petite and as if she is not the least bit interested in either vapor production nor taste ...

In the story,it's just a neccessary addition to her 'look' for the character's benefit of the general population ,so they know she is 'hip' to the times ...

Seriously, I've experimented in every way possible ... who the heck would use this crazy thing and why ???? It's almost like a clearo on 'auto pilot' ... it MUST be 2 stage inhaled, it dry hits or simply stops vaporizing liquid with no reason,and a two coil setup with a paltry 15 watt VTR ? (it's a pack in with the Iclear VTR)

Of cours it is easy to just toss it but I'm actually fascinated at its crazy operation as it's like buying a plane that has no wings ...

Last edited:

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I clicked this thread because I am still baffled by the distinction between clearos and tanks... I have a subtank mini, and I guess this is still considered a clearo because my first question about it was moved to clearos forum, but I don't really understand why. IMO, if you can easily remove and refill it, it's a tank.

Reactions: Nermal

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
That makes more sense than what I've read about capacity being the distinction (with varying numbers depending on where I read it - sheesh!)
I've always thought that the term Clearomizer was to simply distinguish it from a cartomizer. A clearo has visible eliquid you can see in the clear plastic or pyrex glass ... The carto has a rolled cartridge of liquid saturated material filling the inside of the tube ...at least that's what my opinion of the clearo is ....

d4gger

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2014
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I've always thought that the term Clearomizer was to simply distinguish it from a cartomizer. A clearo has visible eliquid you can see in the clear plastic or pyrex glass ... The carto has a rolled cartridge of liquid saturated material filling the inside of the tube ...at least that's what my opinion of the clearo is ....

Pretty much.. clearo just means there's a window or other means to view liquid level (Possibly including x-ray, in the case of Protank 3/SS section). [Edit: with replaceable coil heads, thank you Almighty, I'm mixing up my definitions through lack of precision.]

In reference to an above post, RTA usually refers to the fact that pre-built coil heads don't exist, since almost every clearo has been rebuilt by someone.

Tank can mean any configuration which includes a liquid reservoir which feeds the wicking material but not the coil directly, potentially including RBAs.

I'm still not sure where gennies fit into those terminologies. Our terminology is not exactly well-defined as yet, but don't dare to ignore the definitions! ;)

Reactions: KattMamma

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Thx wizardofozone---I just had to repost your story as you had me totally fascinated.---------I got a great laugh--thx--I also have this piece of Vaping Enginerring Genius-----I clear 30s with the mysterious holes and who knows what is inside !!!!!----hahahahah-free gift with my 30lb. VTR

I certainly had enough watts and volts to test this thing in any way one might suggest, and I swear to powers above this clearo is absolutely the most useless piece of vaping equipment I have ever seen ...

It calls up a fictional vision in my mind ... It's the 1940's and they have cast petite and Princess like Audrey Hepburn in another role similar to 'Roman Holiday '

In this fictional dream, vaping is new and is all the rage but they don't want thier darling Audrey as the character to be lugging around anything large and boxy , so they go with a regal woodgrained and gold pen style twister.

Some cast member recommends they absolutely attach an Iclear i30-s to it as it will give her beautiful lips this puckered purse like quality and make her cheeks sensually cave in as she pulls at the atomizers wadding which has the consistency of vaping through Levi Jeans material ...

It gives off the slightest hint of vapor so her character looks petite and as if she is not the least bit interested in either vapor production nor taste ...

In the story,it's just a neccessary addition to her 'look' for the character's benefit of the general population ,so they know she is 'hip' to the times ...

Seriously, I've experimented in every way possible ... who the heck would use this crazy thing and why ???? It's almost like a clearo on 'auto pilot' ... it MUST be 2 stage inhaled, it dry hits or simply stops vaporizing liquid with no reason,and a two coil setup with a paltry 15 watt VTR ? (it's a pack in with the Iclear VTR)

Of cours it is easy to just toss it but I'm actually fascinated at its crazy operation as it's like buying a plane that has no wings ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread