• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cannot get cotton wick working!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
No big deal. If that is the set up you enjoy there's not a thing wrong with it. I like a bit more vapor, warmth, and flavor so I tend to enjoy a bit lower resistance if I'm using lower voltage.

An ohm is simply a unit of resistance. The lower the ohm, the lower the resistance of a coil, therefore the higher the amount of power (watts) that can be produced by the same amount of voltage. Hope that helps.

that's what i miss from the cig a like e-cigs. the warmth when when vaping.

How can i achieve more warmth and vapour?

I'm going to be DIY'ing some VG juice.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
I may have some bad news for you, but I'm gonna give it to you straight. Cig-a-likes will not give the same performance as a larger device.
I don't carry around something that looks like a garage door opener in my pants because I like the size, it's because I like the superior performance.

In order to get a warmer, more satisfying vape, you may just have to upgrade your gear. If you will be upgrading from cig-a-likes, then it's safe to say you will absolutely have to bite the bullet and get something that looks nothing like a cig. I was very hesitant to get a larger device. I wanted to keep as close to the size and shape of a cig as possible.

I spent a lot of time and money, gradually upgrading devices (and consequently increasing the size) until I finally decided "@#$% it, I'm getting a big honking box mod just to see where this goes from here." Should have done it right off the bat.

Not saying you have to get a box mod to get an incredible vape, but you will have to come to terms sooner or later that the best experience can only be had by a device that is built for performance, not to resemble a cigarette.

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
I may have some bad news for you, but I'm gonna give it to you straight. Cig-a-likes will not give the same performance as a larger device.
I don't carry around something that looks like a garage door opener in my pants because I like the size, it's because I like the superior performance.

In order to get a warmer, more satisfying vape, you may just have to upgrade your gear. If you will be upgrading from cig-a-likes, then it's safe to say you will absolutely have to bite the bullet and get something that looks nothing like a cig. I was very hesitant to get a larger device. I wanted to keep as close to the size and shape of a cig as possible.

I spent a lot of time and money, gradually upgrading devices (and consequently increasing the size) until I finally decided "@#$% it, I'm getting a big honking box mod just to see where this goes from here." Should have done it right off the bat.

Not saying you have to get a box mod to get an incredible vape, but you will have to come to terms sooner or later that the best experience can only be had by a device that is built for performance, not to resemble a cigarette.

Oh i don't even use my cig-like things any more ( i had a puff the other day and it was like a toy lol)

I'm pure Ego-T and EGO battery with EVOD heads and i have one Protank (but find cold on the lips lol)

I'm pretty impressed with the amount of vapour I get now using the EVOD and silica wicks so i though cotton would create even more vapour..

I was stating that i liked the warmth of the vapour on the cig-a-like ones.

The vapour that comes from the EVOD and EGO battery is cool.

I'm quite the opposite. I love pulling out a huge thing like my GREEN ego-T battery lol! everyone just stares at me :vapor::vapor:

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Well i have a 1.8ohm coil (silica wick) in my evod at the moment with the EGO-T battery vaping at 3.4V.

What do you suggest a good Volt to vape it at?

I'd go to around 4 volts honestly. The problem you may run into would be a possible burnt taste. This is most commonly caused by a lack of air flow going to your coil (tanks and clearos can be susceptible to this often), or using juice that is too thick to wick as fast as you are vaping it.

You can see how a can of worms may be opened here. If you're happy with what you got I say there is no need to change it, but personally I'd have to go with 4 volts just to check it out. Didn't realize any devices went down to 3.4 volts.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
There's really no "correct" answer. If possible, turn it up incrementally, 0.1 volt at a time to see where you like it best. However, 4V across 8 ohms is darn near 9 watts, and IMO, that's pushing an Evod pretty hard.

Good point here. I have to say though if 9 watts is pushing a device hard it may be time to look for a different device. This is of course unless you're happy with what ya got. In that case you can pretty much ignore everything I've said in this thread

Beckyjc

Sep 15, 2013
Uk
Have a look at the innokin itaste on fasttech, I picked one up and haven't looked back to my egos since, I actually recently got a mvp for the better battery life but it's practically the same.
Also evods don't like to work too hot, neither does cotton. Try an rda for a better vape with cotton, I use silica with my evods and protanks it saves messing to often.

Last edited:

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
Have a look at the innokin itaste on fasttech, I picked one up and haven't looked back to my egos since, I actually recently got a mvp for the better battery life but it's practically the same.
Also evods don't like to work too hot, neither does cotton. Try an rda for a better vape with cotton, I use silica with my evods and protanks it saves messing to often.

There are quite a few Innokin on FT where so I start?!

And do they come with tanks or do you just drop liquid into the wick everything time?

Beckyjc

Sep 15, 2013
Uk
This will get you started

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...entic-innokin-itaste-vv-v3-0-variable-voltage

It depends whether you get a dripper like

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005256/1418702-trident-stainless-steel-rebuildable-atomizer

In which case youll have to replenish the eliquid after every 15 puffs or so (Depends on your wicks), but they make the flavour "pop" more and stop you from chain vaping.

Or a tank like

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10006735/1530400-kraken-genesis-style-rebuildable-atomizer-2-5ml

I have one of these and its great, but its hefty and looks pretty daft on an ego bat. Paired with the mvp, cotton 1.7 ohms at 4v and i can bearly see my hand in front of my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread