Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Hi! Don't worry! This happens. It's called "vapor's tongue" and almost everyone has experienced it! You can try brushing teeth/tongue, sniffing ground coffee, tasting something strong / acidic like pickle juice, lemon juice, etc., just waiting it out (it will pass), vaping unflavored e liquid for a little while.

It just happens sometimes. Often it happens if you vape the same juice for too long, so it can help to switch between flavors, but I vape around 10 different flavors every day, and it still occasionally happens to me!

Generally it's a good idea to drink a lot of water while vaping, because vaping can dehydrate you a bit, and it also may help keep vapor's tongue away, but it can still happen even if you're fully hydrated.

Don't worry. It will pass. A lot of people take this opportunity to vape the juices they don't care for that much, since they won't be tasting it anyway.

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
Reactions: stols001

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
Hi! Don't worry! This happens. It's called "vapor's tongue" and almost everyone has experienced it! You can try brushing teeth/tongue, sniffing ground coffee, tasting something strong / acidic like pickle juice, lemon juice, etc., just waiting it out (it will pass), vaping unflavored e liquid for a little while.

It just happens sometimes. Often it happens if you vape the same juice for too long, so it can help to switch between flavors, but I vape around 10 different flavors every day, and it still occasionally happens to me!

Generally it's a good idea to drink a lot of water while vaping, because vaping can dehydrate you a bit, and it also may help keep vapor's tongue away, but it can still happen even if you're fully hydrated.

Don't worry. It will pass. A lot of people take this opportunity to vape the juices they don't care for that much, since they won't be tasting it anyway.
i usually drink alot of water and eat a lot of fruits and lemons and everything, i shouldn't be getting this but its okay i'm new to vaping so fair enough, hopefully this is the first and last time i get it, thanks for your answer have a nice day.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
i usually drink alot of water and eat a lot of fruits and lemons and everything, i shouldn't be getting this but its okay i'm new to vaping so fair enough, hopefully this is the first and last time i get it, thanks for your answer have a nice day.

try putting a tiny dab on your finger and tasting the juice itself... can you taste it that way?

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
try putting a tiny dab on your finger and tasting the juice itself... can you taste it that way?
lol i was sucking on my tank airflows and trying to taste leaked juice all day, and still nothing, also i changed coils and wicks several times today, course it didn't help at all, i was so hopeless,

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Besides vaper's tongue being a likely culprit; I would ask if you are suffering from anything that is affecting your sense of smell? A cold, sinus infection, allergies, anything that clogs the sinuses, can (and often does) mute a lot of what we perceive as taste. That's one of the reasons why nothing "tastes good" when we are sick.

Reactions: Bonskibon

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
lol i was sucking on my tank airflows and trying to taste leaked juice all day, and still nothing, also i changed coils and wicks several times today, course it didn't help at all, i was so hopeless,

So did you actually taste the liquid? And have you tried a different juice?

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
Besides vaper's tongue being a likely culprit; I would ask if you are suffering from anything that is affecting your sense of smell? A cold, sinus infection, allergies, anything that clogs the sinuses, can (and often does) mute a lot of what we perceive as taste. That's one of the reasons why nothing "tastes good" when we are sick.
yeah i had a cold since 3 days ago its still until now, my nose is stuffed, but i can still smell things without any problem just like usual.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Go eat something (nicoitine is an appetite suppressant). Preferably, something big, rich and filling. Five Guys! Have some coffee afterwards, and on the way home get some big, longer lasting candy like Tootsie Roll Pops or Jolly Rangers. You need something that really wakes up your taste buds and opens up the salivary glands. Stay away from smoking or vaping while you're doing all this, and just be patient.

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
Go eat something (nicoitine is an appetite suppressant). Preferably, something big, rich and filling. Five Guys! Have some coffee afterwards, and on the way home get some big, longer lasting candy like Tootsie Roll Pops or Jolly Rangers. You need something that really wakes up your taste buds and opens up the salivary glands. Stay away from smoking or vaping while you're doing all this, and just be patient.
actually i ate in the restaurant with my friends 2 hrs ago and when i came back i ate 2 lemons i hear acids can help dead tongue situations, and had alot of water, so my stomach is filled now lol :lol::pervy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread