Can't use a ecig because it hurts throat too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnimmel

May 31, 2012
New England
Just a quick update for anyone else reading this with the same problem.

I ordered the Red Oak sample pack from Johnson Creek and it came in today. My wife tried it and loved it with no throat pain at all. I also loved it and I might have to switch myself, just because I liked the flavors, especially the Tennessee Cured.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Richard

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I'll have to try Johnson Creek too (probably the only place I haven't ordered from yet in the 6 months I've been vaping!)
I prefer VG juices too, and among the others places listed in this thread, I've tried Highbrowvapor and Virginvapor (both have VG) ........ I do find that they need to steep for a few weeks (or even months LOL) for the flavors to develop, but they are good after steeping!
Good luck!

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Heylo, my wife gets major throat irritation also, here's some suggestions I worked out for her (though she's still not on board...rawr).

1) Higher VG content. There'll be less flavour but PG can be extremely irritating to some people, even I (as a 20 year smoker) have switched to 80-100% VG. And I <3 me some thick clouds.

2) Hold in mouth before inhaling. This will cool the vape down. Don't forget that it's still being heated to become vapour.

3) Throat inhale. This is a bit harder to explain, but rather than go for a deep inhale let the vapour just past the back of throat, the moment you feel it exhale. As I said, it's hard to explain. And finally:

4) Don't inhale at all! Hold it in mouth, push out/exhale through nose or just straight out. (This is from what I've read here) The nicotine from vaping is a different beast from tobacco. It's absorbed mostly through the mucous membranes of your mouth and sinus cavity. Inhaling will help simulate the smoking experience, but it's by no means required in order to get nicotine.

Don't forget to stay hydrated, carry gum and a bottle of water everywhere you go. VG and PG are both desiccants and will dry out your mouth/throat in short time. A dry throat will get irritated/sore a lot faster than a moist one.

Screwbag

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
Malta
it may be simple enough for you to find glycerine at your local pharmacy. try vaping a bit of that just to give it a go and not have to wait for shipping. then you can worry about what flavor and nic level... (glycerine is also used in many places to soothe sore throats by taking a spoonful.)

then maybe buy liquids or order DIY from any of the mentioned vendors...

Best of luck!

wrenfisher

Sep 7, 2012
Alberta
It isn't necessary to inhale vapor from ecigs ... I don't.

Nicotine in vaping is absorbed via contact not inhalation.

You can inhale into mouth and out thru nose without inhaling into lungs or even getting much vapor in throat.

Really? I'm new to vaping and didn't know this. I would rather inhale less but I assumed that it was a requirement. Where can I get more info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread