Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nemesis clone mod by AtmomiXani and a stillare clone atty. It houses a 18650 IMR High Drain 2500mAh 3.7 LI-MN battery. My coils are 0.25 Kanthal wire coming up at 0.6 Ohm's and organic cotton wool. I have made sure the firing pin in tights, spring on the firing button is fine and the battery doesn't rattle. The coils seem to heat up fine but there's just no clouds, only a small amount of vapour, the same if not less than my ....ty old E-Cig. The cotton wool is fully soaked in juice but it just tastes overly strong/burnt. It's my first build and i don't know if i'm missing something stupid but i've racked my brain and have come up with nothing. Could it be ....ty juice or a counterfeit battery or something?

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Most of the time when I see someone with this problem they are still trying to use mouth to lung instead of drawing the vapor directly into their lungs.

Not enough air flow for the resistance is the problem.

The other common problem is top cap alignment. You should be able to look through the air slots and see the coil centered on the air slot.

You also want a lot of VG in your liquid. PG simply doesn't make big clouds.

yovengo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 27, 2014
    Houston,TX,USA
    Depends if on the ratio of your juice because more VG means more vapor.

Could be that your battery aren't fully charge, since you didn't mention if they were in the description.

Could be the way you wick it, too much wick around the coil not letting the coil "breathe" can cause it not to produce more vapor.

Upload pics of the build

IMG_2240.PNG
    IMG_2241.PNG

here is two pics of the build, i took the wick out of one side and as you can see my coils are aligned with the air slots

nyiddle

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 9, 2014
    USA. State: Inebriated.
    both coils heat up evenly, one is just slightly covered by cotton wool and yeah my ohm meter is defo showing 0.6

Are they quick to heat up? Any hot legs (the wire that goes into the post, is it glowing)? Any hot spots (does one wrap of the coil heat up faster than the rest of the coil)?

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Houston, TX, USA
    Thrasher makes a good point. It's easy to overstuff with cotton... this in turn chokes the wick and doesn't allow the juice to get to the coil fast enough. The cotton should have a little resistance inside the coil, but should still slide back and forth fairly easily when dry. It will swell once it has soaked juice into itself and will then be a bit tighter. If you remove the wicks and find that they are burned in the middle, then you'll know that you definitely had them too tight.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2014
    Maryland
    I don't think Thrasher is talking about the wick being tight. There is too much cotton stuffed in there for there to be good airflow. It is being diverted around the outside of the chamber.

I have never used 30 gauge (too thin for me), which is why I have held off on commenting before. But making clouds requires that you don't just take cotton and stuff it anywhere.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Houston, TX, USA
    I see what you're saying, Dave. I'm not sure that it's an airflow problem though. Even if the air isn't getting under the coil very well, it's still getting everywhere else (for the most part) because you can still see most of the coil, and you can clearly see the coil through the air slot. I will admit though, that's one of the many reasons that I switched to rayon for wicks. My wicks are so minimal now that air goes wherever it wants to go.

You're right though... 30g is a PITA! I'm so used to 26g and larger that I vary rarely bother with 28 or 30 any more unless I'm twisting multiple strands together.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    My first observation is it looks like a tampon exploded in a cheerio..

For the stillare I usually bring the coil up just a touch more, as we suck the air doesn't come into the chamber in a straight line but heads up towards the drip tip. So you have to let just a little slip under the coil as well as hit the face

The stillare has like no well so its easy to flood but the wick looks a bit undersaturated and just too much in general. Combine that with the airflow sliding over the coil and you get poor vapor

My elm is almost the same build style, it took a bit of poking to find the best height
    20150522_134842.jpg

RichM76

Feb 18, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Post # 5 photo # 2 has too much cotton. Do not block the front and bottom of the coil with cotton, it restricts airflow. Just let the cotton only protrode from the sides of the coil (put enough cotton in so it sites on bottom of juice well to soak up the e-liquid). Wick both coils the same. Watch a few videos on YouTube on how it's done.

Looking at this build closer, one coil has 4 wraps and the other has 6 or 7. Make them both the same. I would also try to get the coils closer to the center posts, and even them up between the posts the same on each side.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread